What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

wain

Juniors
Well Tonga and England Rugby Union did their part. Hopefully this helps sales heading into Eden Park...
I reckon the big Tonga victory will play more of a part than All-Blacks losing. We may get a few more NZ fans, but I reckon this win for Tonga will help most fans to forget about the internal drama and get on the bandwagon. If only they can bring 50,000 to ensure a good crowd :)

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Great Britain look set to play the remainder of their southern hemisphere tour without Luke Thompson and Oliver Gildart, with both picking up serious injuries in the 14-6 loss to Tonga.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Great Britain look set to play the remainder of their southern hemisphere tour without Luke Thompson and Oliver Gildart, with both picking up serious injuries in the 14-6 loss to Tonga.

Both huge losses. I'm assuming they can bring in replacment players. Watts would be a no brainer but who is the next centre in line with Percival injured? Is it Reece Lyne?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Not you as well Walter!!!
Can’t/won’t support mediocrity I’m afraid. Not anymore, I’m done with making excuses for RL. If the people who “run” our game don’t give a f@ck then why should I.

Union is totally inferior to RL on the pitch but only when it’s competitive but unfortunately RL can’t match the off-field drama, hype and sense of occasion like union can.

deluded pom?

Coach
Can’t/won’t support mediocrity I’m afraid. Not anymore, I’m done with making excuses for RL. If the people who “run” our game don’t give a f@ck then why should I.

Union is totally inferior to RL on the pitch but only when it’s competitive but unfortunately RL can’t match the off-field drama, hype and sense of occasion like union can.
Hype being the operative word and one you’ve fallen for hook, line and sinker.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Hype being the operative word and one you’ve fallen for hook, line and sinker.
That’s the point marra. Me and millions of others have bought into it while nobody gives 2 f@cks about the lions tour.

Even people at work who are football mad or not even into sport are all talking about it.

deluded pom?

Coach
That’s the point marra. Me and millions of others have bought into it while nobody gives 2 f@cks about the lions tour.

Even people at work who are football mad or not even into sport are all talking about it.
Seems you can fool some of the people all of the time. I don’t particularly like the Lions tour either but I wouldn’t watch union if you paid me.

adamkungl

Immortal
As league fans we can bitch and moan about penalty goals and time-in-play and fat plodders collapsing scrums all we want.

But it looks petty

Because the indisputable fact is the opposition sport puts on a massive event, well promoted and well attended, throws up good stories, has 8-10 nations that fancy their chances of making the final, has nurtured their minnows into quality teams over decades.

Wtf has Rugby League done internationally other than chase its tail for the last 30 years?
I don't like Rugby Union but the event they've put on is truly excellent and I hope our administrators are paying attention

Springs09

Juniors
As league fans we can bitch and moan about penalty goals and time-in-play and fat plodders collapsing scrums all we want.

But it looks petty

Because the indisputable fact is the opposition sport puts on a massive event, well promoted and well attended, throws up good stories, has 8-10 nations that fancy their chances of making the final, has nurtured their minnows into quality teams over decades.

Wtf has Rugby League done internationally other than chase its tail for the last 30 years?
I don't like Rugby Union but the event they've put on is truly excellent and I hope our administrators are paying attention

Well we looked to be going alright from 2008-2014. There seemed to be legitimate attempts to grow the quality and competitiveness of the international scene between the 2008 and 2013 World Cups with good results.

Now I'd hate to think where we'd be if it wasn't for Tonga in 2017.

adamkungl

Immortal
Well we looked to be going alright from 2008-2014. There seemed to be legitimate attempts to grow the quality and competitiveness of the international scene between the 2008 and 2013 World Cups with good results.

Now I'd hate to think where we'd be if it wasn't for Tonga in 2017.

Rugby League's international history is a list of good ideas and attempts that were promising, then scrapped at the first hurdle for selfish and short-sighted reasons.
It's amazing we even have a World Cup tbh

Latest posts