What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RU World Cup

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Up there I reckon...

it’s a shame as he’s a decent rugby coach. Had success in Super Rugby and also over in Europe so obviously has experience coaching and succeeding in both styles.

Unfortunately for him he’s been coaching year in and year out against one of the most dominant teams in Rugby on probably one of the most dominant runs in Rugby history.
More likely he was consistently outsmarted by opposing coaches and just couldn't handle the Test level.

On close inspection, Cheika's record as Australian coach has been abysmal. On his watch, the Wallabies have dropped to seventh in the world rankings, their lowest in history.

Meanwhile, Cheika has blamed assistant coaching staff, referees, the media, RU admin... everyone but himself. I figured something was wrong a few years ago during that whole 'clowngate' thing in NZ. Surely the warning bells were going off in the (then) ARU as well.

The real story here is about how he kept his job for this long.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he really hasn't had the cattle either

next gen looking much better so whom ever takes over will have to replace a few of the retirees and we have some good young prospects too

ReddFelon

Juniors
Ahhhhh, the sweet relief of knowing that the sport will continue to grow now that New Zealand can't win a third world cup in a row.

axl rose

Bench
xerqdqo0muu31.png

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
only safas to fly the flag for the southern hemisphere teams, can't say its been dull, a lot of upsets

shiznit

Coach
Congrats to the poms!

they were the better team last night that’s for damn sure.

A nice defence of our title... Hansen now out I guess we will be looking at who’s next.

Valheru

Coach
I can't see England playing any better than yesterday so one has to question if they played the final a week early.

I think the safas will take it out.

JJ

Immortal
Eddie Jones masterclass

Hansen will rue his selections for a long time... but for the 80 mins they were dominated.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Still backing my prediction from 2 years ago for a South Africa Cup victory. Game was deliberately conservative from both sides. I can understand why though, Rassie now gets an entire week to breakdown everything that England did against NZ last night. Eddie Jones has to flip a coin and hope he guesses the right style, because South Africa won't play the way they did tonight, next weekend. They also won't get caught out like the All Blacks, trying to run the ball out of the 22. Boks by 3.

JJ

Immortal
Jaapies won't do anything different - all they can do is dour kicking shit... they're just awful to watch - everything that's shit about union

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The first 7 games of the Rugby World Cup have resulted in a total of 309, 888 in attendance, with a high of 63,731 for Ireland vs Scotland and an attendance low of 20,354 for Italy vs Namibia.

Comparatively the Rugby League World Cup had a total attendance over the first 7 games of 84,408, with a high of 22,724 for Australia vs England and a low of 5,103 for Fiji vs the USA.

Also worth noting total attendance for the League World Cup was 750, 700. A number that will be dwarfed by the end of this week judging by crowd and stadium averages for the Rugby World Cup so far. So much for the "inferior code".

The entire tournament covers a massive 4 pages

Meth

Staff member
Those French refs are embarrassing

The end of the Lions tour here was the worst decision ever. The penalty today was a joke too

I don't know why World Rugby is so keen to get Garces over. Obviously Owens is injured or else he was refereeing, but bloody hell!! Garces is reffereeing the final