What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL draw

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
We're 11 out of 14 against finalists.We have 6 out of a possible 6 against fellow Top 4 teams and also play 5th placed Manly twice.

But only 7 FTA games is that right? That said with Foxtel I have access to all games and try to prioritise watching the Raiders play. Most entertaining team in the League, maybe alongside the Eels.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
But only 7 FTA games is that right? That said with Foxtel I have access to all games and try to prioritise watching the Raiders play. Most entertaining team in the League, maybe alongside the Eels.
We've got 8. Funny thing is that 3 of those games are against bottom 8 teams and the first GF replay isn't a FTA game at all. All good, I'm sure Souths v Cowboys will be a blockbuster...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Normally I'd agree, but right now I don't want to watch the Warriors let alone force neutrals to endure it too.
Let the Kearney hatred flow

emperor-palpatine-from-the-star-wars-saga.jpeg

I now understand some of why the Roosters have so few home games in Sydney in the first 8 weeks of the season, and we can blame the Indian Cricket Board for it. Due to them stamping their feet over scheduling, there are 3 Australian cricket games which are going head to head with NRL games in Sydney during the first 3 weeks of the season - which effectively mean the SCG is unavailable for league. Hope this doesn't re-occur in 2021 as the pressure on stadiums will be even worse with both Shark Park and ANZ being unavailable.

Diesel

Coach
Also notice that of the first 7 rounds, we only get 2 home games, the first one is at the Central Coast in Round 2. The second one is Round 4, at 6.15 pm on a Sunday v Titans at the SCG. Our next home game is then not until Round 8 and that is the Magic Round at Suncorp against the Cowboys. So effectively we get 1 home game in Sydney in the first 8 weeks of the season.
No reason for a massive crowd in Round 9, if that’s your next home game at the SCG.

blaza88z

Coach
I just want to know how many luxurious prime FTA time slots do we get and how many games in a row do we have in QLD leading into the finals series, thanks.

Diesel

Coach
I now understand some of why the Roosters have so few home games in Sydney in the first 8 weeks of the season, and we can blame the Indian Cricket Board for it. Due to them stamping their feet over scheduling, there are 3 Australian cricket games which are going head to head with NRL games in Sydney during the first 3 weeks of the season - which effectively mean the SCG is unavailable for league. Hope this doesn't re-occur in 2021 as the pressure on stadiums will be even worse with both Shark Park and ANZ being unavailable.
That makes sense then. Are the Waratahs and Sydney FC at the SCG, or BankWest now?

Timbo

Staff member
That makes sense then. Are the Waratahs and Sydney FC at the SCG, or BankWest now?

Not sure about Sydney FC but the Waratahs are opening their season with games in Wollongong and Newcastle due to the issues at Moore Park. I vaguely recall Sydney FC may be bouncing between Kogarah and Leichhardt but someone else can correct me on that.

Valheru

Coach
Also notice that of the first 7 rounds, we only get 2 home games, the first one is at the Central Coast in Round 2. The second one is Round 4, at 6.15 pm on a Sunday v Titans at the SCG. Our next home game is then not until Round 8 and that is the Magic Round at Suncorp against the Cowboys. So effectively we get 1 home game in Sydney in the first 8 weeks of the season.

Round 7 is at SCG on ANZAC Day albeit an away game.

Note that the warriors game in July is also at venue TBD due to the swans playing at the SCG that day. It will be interesting where they play that as they have sold members packs based on 9 games at the SCG so it will have to be somewhere that facilitates members tickets and a reasonable place for members to travel. I think Bankwest and Jubilee are the best options and are both available that day as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Diesel

Coach
Round 7 is at SCG on ANZAC Day albeit an away game.

Note that the warriors game in July is also at venue TBD due to the swans playing at the SCG that day. It will be interesting where they play that as they have sold members packs based on 9 games at the SCG so it will have to be somewhere that facilitates members tickets and a reasonable place for members to travel. I think Bankwest and Jubilee are the best options and are both available that day as far as I can see.
That’s poor form by the people doing the draw. You’d think they’d be able to check
It before it was released

Valheru

Coach
That’s poor form by the people doing the draw. You’d think they’d be able to check
It before it was released

I get the impression that given it is the one and only clash with the swans, there was likely a late change to the AFL draw (to be released on Thursday) as you would think there would be other clashes if they didn't consult each other.

Valheru

Coach
Sydney FC are playing some games at Leichhart Oval, some games at Kogarah-Jubilee Oval and some at the SCG. I dunno about the Waratahs.

Waratahs have their first 3 home game locked in for Bankwest, Newcastle and Wollongong. No other announcements made thus far.

I can't imagine their games against the other Australian opposition won't be at the SCG,

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/36ae9b9e89229326c41da87b83be7436

Rival codes Super Rugby and the NRL will join forces for what they claim is a world first double-header at Eden Park next year.
Canberra’s two premier teams the Raiders and the Brumbies will take on their Auckland counterparts the Warriors and the Blues in the first cross-code event of its kind on March 21.

The Warriors will host the Raiders for their round two NRL clash in the first game before the Blues host the ACT Brumbies in round eight of the Super Rugby season.

Warriors chief executive Cameron George and Blues chairman Don Mackinnon released a joint statement revealing the idea had been planned over months of negotiations.
“We have much in common as professional teams in international competition and we know that we have fans that follow both clubs,” the statement said. “Both clubs have worked together in recent years when the opportunity has arisen, and we have been trying to make this idea work for a couple of years.
“This year we trialled a single ticket promotion to both of our games on the same weekend and fans from both codes absolutely loved it.

“With both clubs playing Canberra teams on the same weekend, it was the perfect chance to give it a go.”
It will be the Warriors’ first home game of the NRL season.

Raiders chief executive Don Furner said the club was excited to be a part of the unique event with their Canberra code rivals.

“This history-making event is a chance for both codes to showcase their teams on the big stage and hopefully we see a Raiders and Brumbies double on the night,” he said.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Doggies have a sweet draw, only playing a couple of decent teams twice (Parra & Manly, maybe Souths?).

They play Storm, Roosters, Raiders and Broncos only once.

Also there’s a bit of a nostalgic feel with the likes of Tigers v Bulldogs at Cambo & Bulldogs v Manly at Belmore! About time they brought a big rival from ye days of olde. I’ve been to hundreds of matches but forget most. Watching dogs v sea eagles at a packed BSG in the early 90s is one of the most memorable. Standing room only on the hill and epic intensity on the field.