What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So What are our thoughts on the draw???

super_coach

First Grade
I think it’s the best draw we have had in some time. Turn around are good and most of our time slots are good.
Only play the Storm and the Chooks once is a bonus. If there is such a thing we have a good start playing non top eight teams for the first few weeks.

Have not researched how we are placed around SOO games. Iam disappointed that we sacrificed our home game again for the magic weekend in Brisbane, but I guess there is a monetary reason behind it.

anyway no excuses guys with draw...get the job done

simmo1

First Grade
First half looks great with lots of day games, but then for some reason we play all the local Bankwest derbies in a row during the Origin period again Must be the NRL trying to limit the sub 10k crowds as much as possible. It's disappointing because these would all draw 20k+ if played at a more favourable time of year. We then go back to a heap of day games to finish the year which is nice.

Good to only play the Storm and Roosters once, and avoid road trips to Brisbane and Brookvale.

Vic Mackey

Referee
At first glance it looks pretty favourable. Seen a few break downs on twitter saying:

* only play 1 2019 Top 8 side in first 7 weeks
* Storm without their Origin players (Munster, JAC, Finnucane, Kaufusi at the minimum)
* as SC mentioned Storm and Roosters once
* 12 games v Top 8 sides/12 against bottom 8
* 5 day games at Traditional grounds
* Souths at Leichhardt on a Sunday will be insane
* Manly taking their home game against us to Gosford. Sharks play us at Kogarah
* Souths 3 days after Origin 3

So yeah overall I'm pretty happy with it, up to us now to make the most of it

super_coach

First Grade
It looks good. We now have to win more than our fair share.

and that will depend who we sign over the next month or so. Bit of gossip going around that their is a big signing to be announced end of the week.No names but all the usuals are being thrown around,Lomax,Moylan etc but two new names, Frizzel and Chrighton.
Of course they would be in the 100 to 1 market...but you never know

First point - Todd said he's proud of the draw so as long as he's happy........

and that will depend who we sign over the next month or so. Bit of gossip going around that their is a big signing to be announced end of the week.No names but all the usuals are being thrown around,Lomax,Moylan etc but two new names, Frizzel and Chrighton.
Of course they would be in the 100 to 1 market...but you never know
Interesting that Crighton is now mentioned, would rather more game time and not start on the bench perhaps. Radley certainly has gone past him.
Crichton & Frizell would be happy to be pushed by Madge but who is the better option? Can Crichton pass a ball coz Frizell can't. I'd take the Dragon pair though.

Tigerm

First Grade
Was looking forward to the trip to Cows new stadium, bummer. No game against Broncos in Brisbane either. Looks like just the Sharks game for Magic Round and a GC game for me. And a trip to Sydney see us in the GF at the SCG of course.
Yep, atm we are equal leaders of the 2020 comp:D

Vozzy

Juniors
In terms of teams we play it is pretty fair. There are a string of games from the time we play parramatta where we don't really have a proper home game. Playing parra at bankwest becomes an away game then our next game is the the sharks in Brisbane then I think we play canberra at scully park. I think it's a run of like 8 games where it is pretty much away games really. I rather they play say parra at leichardt or campbelltown and the Knights at bankwest

Tcoggs

Juniors
Better draw than previous years.......BUT we will still manage to lose the unloseable games now and again and run 9th...

macnaz

Staff member
In terms of teams we play it is pretty fair. There are a string of games from the time we play parramatta where we don't really have a proper home game. Playing parra at bankwest becomes an away game then our next game is the the sharks in Brisbane then I think we play canberra at scully park. I think it's a run of like 8 games where it is pretty much away games really. I rather they play say parra at leichardt or campbelltown and the Knights at bankwest
Dumb f**ks using OUR home ground round to play at Wankfest Stadium against Parta again in 2020 is just plain pathetic.. pure money grab and throwing 2 competition points away. Obviously the club learnt zero from this year... oh well good to see we are still being run by halfwits.

Seriously!!! How can this club be so friggin stupid.

Tiger05

First Grade
We just have to perform better but some better cattle would help. Mind you we had the Turd when he was playing well and we did nothing.

Probably the easiest draw we've had in 10 years. Unfortunately it coincides with the weakest team we've had in 10 years. Granted the team will be improved but my prediction again is 9th

Can whinge about plenty of things for 2020, but this draw isn't one of them. Certainly got kissed on there arse there.