What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will there ever be another rugby league game

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'm sure there will be at some stage.
I hope so. I actually skipped the last one not realizing it was going to be the last one lol

Matua

Bench
Rugby League Live 2 was okay. 3 and 4 were garbage.
Was that the version where you could bring the blind side winger in from a scrum and they'd run on a diagonal to score untouched.

My mates and I had to ban that play but on career mode Henry Fafilli was easily my top try scorer from doing that until I banned myself.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Question should be, will we ever get another good rugby league game?
I skipped RLL3 but picked up 4 because I really had a wanting to play it. Played a total of about 10 games, 5 vs a mate.
It’s so hard to get in to.

Springs09

Juniors
Was that the version where you could bring the blind side winger in from a scrum and they'd run on a diagonal to score untouched.

My mates and I had to ban that play but on career mode Henry Fafilli was easily my top try scorer from doing that until I banned myself.

That was most likely Rugby League 1 or 2 from last decade. The Rugby League Live series started in 2010 and there's only been one okayish one, the rest have been awful.

Matua

Bench
That was most likely Rugby League 1 or 2 from last decade. The Rugby League Live series started in 2010 and there's only been one okayish one, the rest have been awful.
I actually didn't mind 4 - once I realised it was far from perfect I just played it for what it is and the career modes were actually quite fun.

edabomb

First Grade
If another game is made it needs a new engine. I think the last one I gave a go was RLL2 but it still had that animation where a player is 2 or 3 metres clear of a defender but can't manage to get the ball down without being caught in a vibrating waltz by the defender.

Every demo I saw for future versions appeared to still be on the same engine.

natheel

Coach
NRL have said they are working with thier licensee on a product for 2020. Knowing the NRL, expect a release for the Gameboy colour.
If that’s true then I’d say players will be having their photos taken for the developers in the pre-season. I remember before RLL4 came out in the preseason their were photos of players getting their faces being photographed for the game

Matua

Bench
They're making a new rugby (union to you Ockers) game due out next year ... I've always been surprised that the makers of a rugby and a league game don't join forces to create all the general movement stuff (obviously they need dedicated teams for stuff specific to each game).

axl rose

Bench
I've always been surprised that the makers of a rugby and a league game don't join forces to create all the general movement stuff (obviously they need dedicated teams for stuff specific to each game).

The old Mega Drive Rugby League and Union games by EA were the same engine, with lineouts etc removed. In the league version it was glitchy and the players would sometimes dive it to form a ruck making it look like 6 man tackles. Actually the old ETs Rugby League was built on the ‘World Class Rugby’ union engine as well.

Last edited: