What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Arrow is off the table (more than likely it is), yeah we definitely need an experienced forward. We have a lot of young guns in the front row but they really need someone to lead them.

Now...before everyone starts yelling...what about taking Woods back if we get a very cut price deal for it? i.e. if we paid $200k and Sharks paid the rest for 1 or 2 years.

There was a long period where Woods was brilliant. His form dropped off massively but he definitely has it in him to be a very very good prop. If anyone can get it out of him its Madge.

I'd take him back for a cut price deal and an apology video (just for lols)

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting that Souths have announced Sam Burgess retirement today, when tomorrow is open slather day for signings?
Anyway, I hope the man will be OK and likes his new job as water boy for the club at $1m a season.:D

Edit: Sorry, trading day starts Friday, not tomorrow.
Also interesting is he has just had a AVO put on him from his ex's father, which could have meant charges against him and of course not eligible to play if it went goes to court under the new rules.
Just coincidence, I'm sure.

If Arrow is off the table (more than likely it is), yeah we definitely need an experienced forward. We have a lot of young guns in the front row but they really need someone to lead them.

Now...before everyone starts yelling...what about taking Woods back if we get a very cut price deal for it? i.e. if we paid $200k and Sharks paid the rest for 1 or 2 years.

There was a long period where Woods was brilliant. His form dropped off massively but he definitely has it in him to be a very very good prop. If anyone can get it out of him its Madge.

I have thought about Woods as well for a number of reasons, BrotherJim, he is a Tiger at heart (I was told this by someone who is very close to him and has apparently said he'd like to finish his career back there). He also just might want to prove his distractors wrong (which would be 99% of people on this forum). He will never get his rep positions back but he could finish his career trying.

Could I see it happen? Why not, the Tigers took Farah back after all the negative publicity surrounding his last season at the Tigers. But, as you say BrotherJim, the deal would have to be one hell of a cut price deal and the Sharks can keep Moylan.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Leulia seems like a classic high risk/high reward type of player. He has so much skill and talent like a Feleti Mateo or Sione Faumuina, but his body shape and excess kgs seems to indicate that he is a lazy trainer and only coasts by on talent.

If he bought into Madge's hard arse training culture he could be anything, but more than likely he would crack the shits like Matterson and say it is all to hard.

Leulia seems like a classic high risk/high reward type of player. He has so much skill and talent like a Feleti Mateo or Sione Faumuina, but his body shape and excess kgs seems to indicate that he is a lazy trainer and only coasts by on talent.

If he bought into Madge's hard arse training culture he could be anything, but more than likely he would crack the shits like Matterson and say it is all to hard.
He looks like his brother in so many ways, his brother looks like the best centre in the world when playing against the Tigers and at other times, well, its rocks and diamonds.

Perth Tiger

Bench

For that price, and if he is explicitly told he is not a star player anymore so when he gets tackle to get straight to his feet and play the ball rather than stand there for 5 seconds complaining to the ref every time thinking he can get the typical Sam Burgess type penalties.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Wanting Woods back? I'd say no, not because he left, but the manner of his leaving - urging his other star players brethren at WT to go with him to the Dogs. I dont mind any player trying to make a better deal in their short playing lives- but the manner in which they do it does.

I dont like the way Woods, Moses and now Matterson have done it. Tedesco I'm 50-50 on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Woods? Lol, please, he’s the last player we need. Luckily he isn’t a Maguire style forward. If we’re going to bring an ex Tigers prop back make it Jesse Sue

Tcoggs

Juniors
Woods? Lol, please, he’s the last player we need. Luckily he isn’t a Maguire style forward. If we’re going to bring an ex Tigers prop back make it Jesse Sue
Jerimiah Sue....mmm....No thank you
Been in caterbury Cup most of the year........
Was going backwards at Wests Tigers the longer he stayed...

Tcoggs

Juniors
i could imagine him at training goofing off..prancing around as if hes king shit.
spitting water from his water bottle..
"it is what it is" "the 1% ers.......lol

BrotherJim05

Bench
Absolutely no way we have gotten nothing out of Matterson release. Why would we release him bang on 1st Nov if we didn't have a favourable outcome? If the team had started training again and we needed to get rid of him ASAP I'd understand, but it makes no sense that we would just release him now without something in the works.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Absolutely no way we have gotten nothing out of Matterson release. Why would we release him bang on 1st Nov if we didn't have a favourable outcome? If the team had started training again and we needed to get rid of him ASAP I'd understand, but it makes no sense that we would just release him now without something in the works.
Agree totally, to much of a coincidence the timing of the announcements. I'm hoping there'll be some signing announcements soon with new players on board ready for first day of pre season.

Tiger05

First Grade

I hope you are right.