What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
At the time of signing them everyone knew they were the best spine players in those positions on the market.

Injury was a risk. But that is true for every player. Teddy took measures to decrease the chance of more knee injuries. Not sure our club put that much thought into players welfare... if so it hasnt been public.

mxlegend99

Referee
Manly offering 6 year $1m+ deals to each of the Turbo boys to tie up ,$2m+ per year for the next 6 years. Ontop of DCE having a similar deal.

That's 30% of their cap in 3 players. Hard to argue they arent worth the money right now. But those deals are even longer than Gus was offering and an injury or poor form could really burn them.

MrBlack

Juniors
Manly offering 6 year $1m+ deals to each of the Turbo boys to tie up ,$2m+ per year for the next 6 years. Ontop of DCE having a similar deal.

That's 30% of their cap in 3 players. Hard to argue they arent worth the money right now. But those deals are even longer than Gus was offering and an injury or poor form could really burn them.

Staggering.

It's now become a sport where contracts are based on speculation, betting on the future value of a player.

So far its worked for the Cowboys with the other JT.

Didn't quite work out for the Titans with Ash Taylor.

DCE only now paying some dividends.

N Cleary - yet to be determined....

I reckon Tom is worth that but not Jake. But they’ve been forced into offering Jake similar money to keep his brother happy.

Don’t get me wrong, Jake is a very good player, but I reckon without his brother he’d get 800-900k max.

OldPanther

Coach
I reckon Tom is worth that but not Jake. But they’ve been forced into offering Jake similar money to keep his brother happy.

Don’t get me wrong, Jake is a very good player, but I reckon without his brother he’d get 800-900k max.

Jake is the equal best lock in the game though.

Fangs

Coach
Big Jake is one of my favourite players. I do consider 1 million overs for him but I'd pay it to see him at Penrith. He is an absolute gun and should be NSW/Australian captain once plodner gets shafted.

franklin2323

Immortal
Big Jake is one of my favourite players. I do consider 1 million overs for him but I'd pay it to see him at Penrith. He is an absolute gun and should be NSW/Australian captain once plodner gets shafted.

30% of the cap on 3 players is nuts

martielang

Bench
Much like Cleary, I think JT has a lot more value to the club then just his playing ability. I think he’s worth that money personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts