What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so the website threw up when he tried to get his application in ?

well he is Victorian

Bazal

Post Whore
Listening to Hodge on a couple of podcasts in recent years I've warmed to him a bit tbh.

Certainly he'd be a better selector than the ones we've had recently... Although to be fair that's as much a knock on them as anything

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I do think we need some new blood, hard to find one without any bias though.

Warnie has been banging on about Pukovski and trying to influence selectors. He also wrote an article saying we have a serious lack of depth and dont do enough to promote and assist our spinners, he then went onto to list all our spinners and where he rates them.

It was like SOK never existed.

Then again they cant all be as bad as Warnie.

undertaker

Coach
India/BCCI finally agree to play a day/night test match:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...bangladesh-test-eden-gardens-day-night-affair

Will be interesting to see what the feedback from this test will be. As much as I disliked him during his playing career, I admire Ganguly for pushing for India to play day/night tests. Hopefully the BCCI support for it will lead to more being played worldwide, as Australia seemed to be the only country playing them and the future of it was looking doubtful during the current and future World Test Championships. It still sucks how Cricket Australia bent over to the BCCI twice last summer: 1) refusing to play the day/night test at Adelaide and 2) refusing to play in Brisbane.

Matt23

Staff member
Mental health is effecting a lot of Melbourne based players, you have to wonder if it's the pressure they put on their athletes down there...

Eelectrica

Referee
So does this mean Maxi won't be in the test team? Damn.

But seriously though, I do wish him well in his recovery. I've got nothing against the bloke and he is fun to watch when playing well.

undertaker

Coach
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/gle...a-break-from-cricket-mental-health/2019-10-31

Wow, hope he is ok

Maxwell taking a break from the game due to mental health

So does this mean Maxi won't be in the test team? Damn.

But seriously though, I do wish him well in his recovery. I've got nothing against the bloke and he is fun to watch when playing well.

I know he's been on mic'd up many times in the past during T20 matches, but last night he wasn't his usual self, a lot more talkative than usual and at the time it struck me as odd, not knowing that all this news about him 'taking a break' was going to emerge in the media the following day.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I know he's been on mic'd up many times in the past during T20 matches, but last night he wasn't his usual self, a lot more talkative than usual and at the time it struck me as odd, not knowing that all this news about him 'taking a break' was going to emerge in the media the following day.

When he made that throw for the run out in game 2 v SL, I think it was Paddy who was next to him afterwards kept hugging him and congratulating him non stop. Then the others turned up they did the same. I remember thinking yeah was a great throw but really why the over the top love fest.

So maybe in hindsight he was struggling well before it became puplic?

Anyway like I said before hope he sorts himself out. Doubt he would have wanted not to play in these 6 t20s, which is his bread and butter format

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Hope Maxwell is ok - if nothing else he always provides material for discussion and interest among cricket fans.

It is good that there's a level of understanding now, and players in all sports are being more open about their struggles - got to be helpful for the general public to see that everyone is vulnerable, and everyone faces demons at times

Rules question :

If a bowler bowls 5 legitimate balls in an over. ..at fast pace off 15 steps...then decides to turn around and quickly bowl spin off three steps...does he have to tell both umpires and inform batter?

In this scenario bowler told umpire as he turned and bowled as batter reset. Batter looked up and was bowled having not taken stance.. Batter who argued he wasn't informed.
Umpire at bowler end said he had been informed by bowler and didnt have to tell batter. Batter argued umpire should have told him too. Stood his ground.

Ball was subsequently called dead. Rebowled. Batter kept in.

Thoughts?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Obviously maxwell isn't a Qlder.

Maybe these merkins could get a job and try paying their bills on $500 a week.

Maybe then they won't have 'mental health' problems.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Rules question :

If a bowler bowls 5 legitimate balls in an over. ..at fast pace off 15 steps...then decides to turn around and quickly bowl spin off three steps...does he have to tell both umpires and inform batter?

In this scenario bowler told umpire as he turned and bowled as batter reset. Batter looked up and was bowled having not taken stance.. Batter who argued he wasn't informed.
Umpire at bowler end said he had been informed by bowler and didnt have to tell batter. Batter argued umpire should have told him too. Stood his ground.

Thoughts?
Nope. Only needs to inform Umpire when changing to over or around the wicket.

See Colin Miller who bowled both pace and spin.

That's like saying you need to tell the batsmen everytime you bowl a slower ball.

Should've been out.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rules question :

Thoughts?

Umpire is weak.

It's etiquette to tell the umpire, beyond that, no requirement at all

Latest posts