What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons cashed up

TruSaint

Referee
How come we are now cashed up whereas before we didn’t have two pennies to our name

Simple,

The assumption can only be, they have already earmarked players to be sold. We couldn't use the dispensation payment for JDB, so where does the 4 mil come from ? We could pay out Mary, so where does the 4 mil come from ?

As the article says, its 2021 they are aiming for.

If they are waiting on membership and merchandise sales, then good luck. Players will be sacrificed here. The costs for coaching staff hasn't decreased at all with Flanno and Shepherd, replacing outgoing Hornby and co.

Gareth67

First Grade
In today’s market $4mil. will not take you too far - now if they had said $14mil. that would had got me excited, perhaps enough to have a little celebratory drink .

Still it certainly is not chicken feed and hopefully Mr. Millward will be able to put it to good use .

TruSaint

Referee
In today’s market $4mil. will not take you too far - now if they had said $14mil. that would had got me excited, perhaps enough to have a little celebratory drink .

Still it certainly is not chicken feed and hopefully Mr. Millward will be able to put it to good use .

Gaz, its not the $$ amount my friend.
4 mil is a massive chunk of the cap, however the question is at what cost ? Key players?
Surely, a portion of that could have been used to pay out Mary, and move on. Just my opinion.

How come we are now cashed up whereas before we didn’t have two pennies to our name
The bigger questions is how come we ae suddenly cashed up and we don't have enough money to pay out McGregor and send him on his way?
There is a big difference between not having the money and being cheap....

Old Timer

Coach
Club's philosophy must be keep a dud coach until such times a you have some cash and the change roster and the coach at the same time.
Evidently not worthwhile having a good coach with a bad roster.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

BLM01

First Grade
Because it is journo trash sensationalism. The add up players coming off contract or guess who may retire (Graham) as potential free cap spending....which would be correct if we dont want any of them.
We dont have $4 mill spare. We need to resign half of those 2020 players off contract which will cost us more than they do now.

Latest posts