What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess retires

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Jesusss, some of these Souths fans... I hope Headspace operate extensively in the Redfern area.

As for medically retiring Sam and Gillett with nothing to be counted on the cap. Yeah fine, go for it. Because the week after we'll sign JWH & Friend to 5yr 3m deals and medically retire them after 2-3 years, thus allowing us to retain the likes of Verrills.

That can of worms, beware beware...

No surprise that you as a Rorters fan would think that way

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nah I get it.

Good luck making the money Sam made in 10 years looking after firewalls your entire life.

Already done, 10 years ago.

Anyone would think he is on Bill Gates money, even for an athlete, very poorly paid.

There are baseball players who earn more in 4 games than Sam made in his entire career.

This place is bizarre.

MilkShark

First Grade

Anyone would think he is on Bill Gates money, even for an athlete, very poorly paid.

There are baseball players who earn more in 4 games than Sam made in his entire career.

This place is bizarre.
No way, so you’re saying there are people paid more than Burgess?

f**k me mind blown

nick87

Coach

What the f**k does that got to do with anything? He was paid in the highest teir of his profession. I have a feeling Big Sammie is going to be alright for cash, especially since he's clearly going to have a career through Nine/Fox as an analyst moving forward if he chooses to take it

Haha. What a bizarre line of argument.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So I’ve skimmed what I’ve missed, but are people seriously suggesting Burgess should be given a medical retirement without question because he’s Sam Burgess?

bull rider

Juniors
What the f**k does that got to do with anything? He was paid in the highest teir of his profession. I have a feeling Big Sammie is going to be alright for cash, especially since he's clearly going to have a career through Nine/Fox as an analyst moving forward if he chooses to take it

Haha. What a bizarre line of argument.

I hope not, the merkin can hardly speak English.

probably won’t be long until he ends up in the same facility as finchy

Springs09

Juniors

This place is bizarre.

Pfft so what?

Nothing screams poorly paid like earning $3m for doing nothing.

Springs09

Juniors
I hope not, the merkin can hardly speak English.

probably won’t be long until he ends up in the same facility as finchy

He's been contracted to Fox for a while.
He literally already has a high paid job lined up but nah, needs millions more dollars cause poor millionaire Sammy didn't earn as much as baseball players.

BranVan3000

Coach
So I’ve skimmed what I’ve missed, but are people seriously suggesting Burgess should be given a medical retirement without question because he’s Sam Burgess?

Im guessing you have no problem with Matulino being medically retired for some reason though :thinking:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Im guessing you have no problem with Matulino being medically retired for some reason though :thinking:

Hmm let’s see:

* Player 1 had played 52 of the last 53 games before said injury, then doesn’t play again

* Player 2 played 14 of a possible 18 games AFTER said injury and now is in a world of shit off field

Of course I have zero issue with a legitimate medical retirement, they are going to happen in a game as tough and physical as ours. The issue is when clubs are clearly taking the piss with them

Chimp

Juniors
The top and bottom of it (if the reports are true) are that Sam hasn't been told he can't play again. He's been told he needs further ops and 2 years out - that's very inconvenient, and he may well decide he can't be arsed with that, but that isn't medical retirement.

Latest posts