What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

Saint or sinner

Juniors
tyson frizell should be offered a4 year deal and made captain of our club...if we lose him I will lose all faith in our club(if I haven't already)..we should already have resigned him before November 1 ..the man plays at a100 mikes and hour and from his heart.i fear he may go for the lack of finals football with dragons and he might look else where..also hearing a possible swap of leilua for matterson with tigers

hewi

Bench
In the next couple of weeks we will know how much water the once mighty St George Titanic is taking on. Lomax, Frizell and Luc. I am not filled with confidence.

Dragonsamy

Bench
In the next couple of weeks we will know how much water the once mighty St George Titanic is taking on. Lomax, Frizell and Luc. I am not filled with confidence.

Agree hewi
I have a feeling t that we will lose at least one.
Hope I'm wrong but.

tyson frizell should be offered a4 year deal and made captain of our club...if we lose him I will lose all faith in our club(if I haven't already)..we should already have resigned him before November 1 ..the man plays at a100 mikes and hour and from his heart.i fear he may go for the lack of finals football with dragons and he might look else where..also hearing a possible swap of leilua for matterson with tigers

Sign him up yes, make him captain NO!

We've had a recent history of throwing the captaincy at players who are half out the door (Gasnier, Creagh, Widdop) in order to keep them around and it always ends up bad.

Tyson is one of the best there is, and although he wasn't alone, he played with zero heart this year and it showed big time in comparison to his NSW and Australian performances.

In my opinion, as much I love him, if he's not happy I'd rather see him go than play with no heart. There's always gonna be a junior coming through who'll be more hungry for the job.

RED73V

Juniors

We've had a recent history of throwing the captaincy at players who are half out the door (Gasnier, Creagh, Widdop) in order to keep them around and it always ends up bad.

Tyson is one of the best there is, and although he wasn't alone, he played with zero heart this year and it showed big time in comparison to his NSW and Australian performances.

In my opinion, as much I love him, if he's not happy I'd rather see him go than play with no heart. There's always gonna be a junior coming through who'll be more hungry for the job.
Why would you play at 100% when you already know the game plan is shit & your not going to win? I am not making excuses for him but the whole team played that way too. They showed no confidence and were beaten accordingly. Until Mcdipshit is gone we have no hope end of story

You should play at 100% because you're part of a team, it's your career and you're playing for St.George.
If you need more incentive, man up. You're getting paid a small fortune to do it too.

I said in a previous thread that St.George players of today have no idea about what they're playing for and what came before them. It baffles me as we're run by old boys from the top down, even the Titans are delving into their Goldcoast history going forward. But as I said, that's in a different thread so won't start that up again here.

As for Friz. I don't want to see him go and I agree that not one player (Jimmy Graham and Cam McInnes the exception) put in 100% effort at all. And as a fan, it was painful to watch.

If it were me, McInnes lifted when he got the C. He's my leader going forward.
Don't throw the glory to those who don't deserve it. We've been down that road before.

BLM01

First Grade
Extend Frizz by 12.00am tomorrow morning please if you had any nous...St George Illawarra, dont let him come off contract! :rolleyes:

Dragon_psa

First Grade

Hard to play with heart when you're one of the best edge 2nd rowers around and your dumbshit coach insists on playing you like a middle forward/battering ram week in week out.

possm

Coach
I've already lost faith in our Club's management however, I live in hope that WIN is starting to hurt financially and so, may just say enough is enough.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

The horse has already bolted on this.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I've already lost faith in our Club's management however, I live in hope that WIN is starting to hurt financially and so, may just say enough is enough.

You do realise that the club’s main benefactor, Mr B. Gordon, is a billionaire? I dare say he hasn’t noticed any financial hardship, especially when the Dragons are concerned.

Walpole

Juniors
It's easy to say sign him now or throw the captaincy at him.

The problem is, Frizell will get well paid wherever he plays - if money's his only motivation then he will go to the highest bidder. But he's already played for NSW and Australia and now maybe he wants to win a comp before he retires. Faced with two more years of McGregor (which is the reality, in spite of rumours and desperate hopes) he realistically knows that is not going to happen at the Dragons so you can't blame him for looking around.

BLM01

First Grade
Dont you think that a senior club official / board person gets a senior player like Frizz sits down with him one and one and asks him hand on heart what do yoiu think, how are things going and or asks do you want to leave? and why?....to learn what is going on in the inner sanctum of players
Because we do it at country club land to keep our best and do what it takes within reason and money available and value their input not just speak to the coach. If they dont do that they should not be in a club position of power.

But at the end of the day those who have mentioned the highest bidder and what a club can afford are these days just about all what is about. Players will adjust to whatever. The rest is paper trash talk to appease and create stories. Especially when they talk about other BS excuses. Most players accept the best offer of course if it is a team with Top 4 written all over it, well that is the cream on top.
The Dragons want Frizz to extend but can they make the offer more inviting financially enough to ward of the others.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
This includes back-rower Tyson Frizell who remains contracted to the club.

This statement, within the Saab, Lovodua and Kerr announcement, leads me to believe Friz wont be around in 2021.

Wittenberg

Juniors
This includes back-rower Tyson Frizell who remains contracted to the club.

This statement, within the Saab, Lovodua and Kerr announcement, leads me to believe Friz wont be around in 2021.
He will be lucky to last the 2020 season with us. He wants out and I don't blame him. The Gould 'Review' would have been the last straw if you were a player unsure if you should stay at the Club or not. Quite frankly the Gus Review and the re-appointment of Mary has put this Club on the road to destruction. It will take a long time to get over the 'Mary Years'.

Latest posts