What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would guess that we haven’t been able to negotiate any deals with other clubs that we are happy with but maybe some negotiations with individual players have come along to the stage that we just need his money back in the cap.

that is the positive spin anyway

Yeah you're probably right, just the fact the Matto thing is more raw atm has the edge

Matto certainly hurts more as he made all the right noises when he signed (his grandfather and great uncles all played for the Maggies,) and gave his all throughout the year and then speared us at seasons end which was bitterly disappointing.

Tiger05

First Grade
I would guess that we haven’t been able to negotiate any deals with other clubs that we are happy with but maybe some negotiations with individual players have come along to the stage that we just need his money back in the cap.

that is the positive spin anyway

Which isn't a good outcome because we have a quality player on probably below market value.

He sounds like such a merkin though that the club just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Which isn't a good outcome because we have a quality player on probably below market value.

He sounds like such a merkin though that the club just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Meh, past performance is not a predictor of future performance.

He is 25 and had one good season in his career, acting like a twat and would probably be a destabilizing factor in the team.

In reality, while ever the NRL is happy to allow player agents to dictate terms (thanks Wally :)) clubs just have to react and try and make the best out of it.

We could probably go close to getting Lomax and Leilua for what we would of been paying Matto next year and they could be just as good value as he is

super_coach

First Grade
Early days yet, who knows what has happened behind the scenes. Matto’s management has players scattered across most clubs and they were rumoured to be involved in a possible take over of the Titian’s. So maybe they have arranged a home for JR, or arranged for another player to come across to us.
I just don’t believe they have let Matto walk without getting a good deal.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brown would be awesome. I'm getting a bit tired of all these players trying to find their best positions (Reynolds, Mbye, even Matterson etc). Brown would slot straight into 13 Jersey and just belt merkins all day

Latest posts