What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
I would have thought they would get cap relief for Burgess and so they should. He can’t play because of his injuries, why should that be included in the cap? Makes no sense. There is no suggestion of an attempt to fiddle the salary cap. Why would any team sign up a player like Burgess on a big contract and then let him go. I’m sure they would rather he was playing. Instead they have an insurance claim to file and a negotiation over a payout.

Why would you want to stop teams retiring injured players and hit them with salary cap restrictions? The punishment these players put their body through deserves sympathy and their plight not turned into a circus for the media to feed on while a player is losing their livelihood. Do we think South’s want to pay 3 years of a huge contract for Burgess while he sits in the stands sipping cocktails?

I feel sorry for players that go through this. 30 years old is no age to stop doing what you love.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I would have thought they would get cap relief for Burgess and so they should. He can’t play because of his injuries, why should that be included in the cap? Makes no sense. There is no suggestion of an attempt to fiddle the salary cap. Why would any team sign up a player like Burgess on a big contract and then let him go. I’m sure they would rather he was playing. Instead they have an insurance claim to file and a negotiation over a payout.

Why would you want to stop teams retiring injured players and hit them with salary cap restrictions? The punishment these players put their body through deserves sympathy and their plight not turned into a circus for the media to feed on while a player is losing their livelihood. Do we think South’s want to pay 3 years of a huge contract for Burgess while he sits in the stands sipping cocktails?

I feel sorry for players that go through this. 30 years old is no age to stop doing what you love.

Having some girl seat in your shoulder dancing away isn't a good look legally. Speaking from experience

age.s

First Grade

The NRL's policy on injury retirements state that the injury that forced the retirement cannot be the degeneration of an ongoing problem. He's had an issue with that shoulder for years. I'm not an expert, but it certainly looks to me like his salary should be coming out of the cap.

It's unlucky for Souths but I'm tired of the NRL acting like a clown organisation and making the rules up as they go along.

Feel for all players who get cruelled by injury but I'd rather be in Sam's (financial) position than say, Tim Browne or Te Maire Martin.

Crashtest

Juniors
Man I hate the bloody Daily Telegraph's firewall to their articles!

There is an article on their site saying Titans prepared to let players walk. Does anyone know which players are mentioned in the article? Hopefully Brimson??

Bulldogs bound? Titans ready to let players walk
BLINDSIDE New Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook has finally arrived and his first point of business is rebuilding his player roster, with one star offered up to Canterbury.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/d6f80a980d9f0a3c2a14de4e45f09e2b

Bob

Juniors

There is an article on their site saying Titans prepared to let players walk. Does anyone know which players are mentioned in the article? Hopefully Brimson??

BLINDSIDE New Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook has finally arrived and his first point of business is rebuilding his player roster, with one star offered up to Canterbury.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/d6f80a980d9f0a3c2a14de4e45f09e2b
Nathan Peats as he is on 600k and they don’t feel he’s worth it

Crashtest

Juniors

Nathan Peats as he is on 600k and they don’t feel he’s worth it

Thanks Bob. Well that's a disappointing player release, but can understand why they want to unload him if he is on that sort of money.

franklin2323

Immortal
Twal, Clark, Aitken and Lomax end of next year, Tualau is off contract, cowboys didn’t renew him, former Australian schoolboys player, played all his junior football at right centre, right side player so green plays him left side wing, Lomax is talking to the tigers atm, Aitken has been told he is free to go

Then how do the Dragons get a 30 man squad? They might want to get rid of them but they need to field a squad. I will believe it when I see a lot of these guys signed elsewhere... Seems to be every team trying to offload guys but without replacements lined up

I see Milford is rumoured to be on his way out at Brisbane, probably get polarised opinions on him but if you wanted a ball playing fullback he’d fit that role pretty well.

Coastal

Juniors
Then how do the Dragons get a 30 man squad? They might want to get rid of them but they need to field a squad. I will believe it when I see a lot of these guys signed elsewhere... Seems to be every team trying to offload guys but without replacements lined up
Penrith need to fill a squad too... hopefully not a wooden spoon one as well.

Flashstep

Juniors
Milford would be a great signing but it sounds like Tigers are chasing him and I doubt we’d be able to match their offers now that they have Matulino, Masters and Matterson off their books.

betcats

Referee
I see Milford is rumoured to be on his way out at Brisbane, probably get polarised opinions on him but if you wanted a ball playing fullback he’d fit that role pretty well.

For the right price perhaps but I’d rather sign Brimson at fb. He can ball play very well from fb if we were looking to move edwards.

I don’t think they will sign a fb though that’s why I suggested Brimson at centre the other day. Edwards has a year left, I think they will go with him and weigh up our options(Laurie, Staines) for 2021 and beyond.

franklin2323

Immortal
For the right price perhaps but I’d rather sign Brimson at fb. He can ball play very well from fb if we were looking to move edwards.

I don’t think they will sign a fb though that’s why I suggested Brimson at centre the other day. Edwards has a year left, I think they will go with him and weigh up our options(Laurie, Staines) for 2021 and beyond.

I see the same issue in most positions. More getting solid FGers until these things play out

Status
Not open for further replies.