What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

joe lovodua ..........

Dragonsamy

Bench
Crush,

Mate can i ask, will you watch SOO tonight ?

Not being a smartass here, but 43% of NRL players today are from the Pacific islands. I think it means more to them than most would imagine, and whilst SOO is the so called pinnacle of our game, its only a matter of time until these events become a spectacle annually.

Rather than focus on risky investments in the random games in the USA / China, we should be engaging these nations and making these events even better.

100% true well said

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I found this interesting:

Joe Lovodua has played 6 International for Fiji
Euan Aitken has played 3 Internationals for Scotland

one is playing 1st grade and one is a DS member playing reserve grade.

Only signed till the end of 2019 so, if the Dragons record of losing promising juniors remains intact, he'll be gone by the end of the year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I found this interesting:

Joe Lovodua has played 6 International for Fiji
Euan Aitken has played 3 Internationals for Scotland

one is playing 1st grade and one is a DS member playing reserve grade.
Out of curiosity, since Aitken made his debut, how many test matches have Scotland played and how many have Fiji played over the same period?

Bench
We need a World Series like in the states, there are no outside teams participating yet it’s still called the world series

The calm one

Juniors
Saab signed for 4 years. Him, Sailor and Lomax are future stars. Buy 2 experience decent backs to help these guys along and pi$$ off Lafai. Aitken needs a stint in CC as he has some promise under a different coach. Lafai was let go by the Dogs and you can see why.
No more excuses for Aitken. I don't care who the coach is. You can tackle or you can't. He can't tackle. He has had many moons to get it right

BLM01

First Grade
No more excuses for Aitken. I don't care who the coach is. You can tackle or you can't. He can't tackle. He has had many moons to get it right

CalmOne.....How is the moonlight and stars as you stare up there pondering life being within to invigorate that soul...reaching out..relaxing...take another deep breath ..breathe....breathe
Reach out to Aitken....he means you no harm
Sorry...see and breathe what... forgot about the haze :oops:
Rather inhale the other stuff ;)...enjoy

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Saab signed for 4 years. Him, Sailor and Lomax are future stars. Buy 2 experience decent backs to help these guys along and pi$$ off Lafai. Aitken needs a stint in CC as he has some promise under a different coach. Lafai was let go by the Dogs and you can see why.
I agree he needs a stint in CC, I noticed this season especially from mid season on he was starting to pass a bit but they were never crisp and usually in front or behind a touch. Instead of using him off the bench as a forward give him a good stint in CC to practice his passing game and defensive reads against lesser opposition. He actually can tackle and I've seen him absolutely smash a few blokes and he's as strong as an ox. It is more his defensive reads that let him down, so often when he makes a tackle he's off balance or in the wrong position. FG is not the place to learn these skills and 3 months in CC could set up the rest of his career, If he starts dominating he may even regain his spot at the expense of Lafai.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I agree he needs a stint in CC, I noticed this season especially from mid season on he was starting to pass a bit but they were never crisp and usually in front or behind a touch. Instead of using him off the bench as a forward give him a good stint in CC to practice his passing game and defensive reads against lesser opposition. He actually can tackle and I've seen him absolutely smash a few blokes and he's as strong as an ox. It is more his defensive reads that let him down, so often when he makes a tackle he's off balance or in the wrong position. FG is not the place to learn these skills and 3 months in CC could set up the rest of his career, If he starts dominating he may even regain his spot at the expense of Lafai.
If he hasn’t learnt yet now he never will. Yesterday’s man....he needs to go and he has needed to go for quite a while.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Lomax may well end up being the Tigers’ future, after all look at how Mary ‘used’ him this year, and Sailor will be a Bronco. Sailor is only staying in 2020 to finish his course at the University of Wollongong and then he will be gone. He will head to Wendall’s spiritual home and the Broncos have made no secret that they see a future for him there.

The calm one

Juniors
T
CalmOne.....How is the moonlight and stars as you stare up there pondering life being within to invigorate that soul...reaching out..relaxing...take another deep breath ..breathe....breathe
Reach out to Aitken....he means you no harm
Sorry...see and breathe what... forgot about the haze :oops:
Rather inhale the other stuff ;)...enjoy
Thanks mate, love it. You coming on me next trip to the Forrest, do some share farming :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Dragsters

First Grade
Joe is playing hooker for Fiji v Samoa, just scored the first try with a neat dummy. Lafai & Leilua playing for Samoa.

I have seen him play for fiji 4 times and every time he is one of their best 3 at games end. Smart player. Needs to continue to develop his passing game from dummy half if 9 is his future...

Latest posts