What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t know bro, I could name more then three great nsw stadiums.
- Newcastle
- Central Coast
- BankWest
- Old SFS wasn’t that bad

thats two. Cc isn’t and allianz is gone it was that good. You’ll have 4 which in population comparison to qland 3 is a poor go.

thats two. Cc isn’t and allianz is gone it was that good. You’ll have 4 which in population comparison to qland 3 is a poor go.

NSW had the spending commitments of the Olympics which probably set things back a bit.

Also Queensland is only 2.5 stadiums, half the funding came from the federal govt for Townsville. In fact I believe they committed to the project first.

Suitman

Post Whore
A closer view. Click on the pic for a larger view.
Looking great!

XdDccpp.jpg

RolledOates

Juniors
SEQ are looking to bid for the 2032 Olympic Games. There will be stadium upgrades and new stadiums built.
I think there'll be great benefits from that largely stemming from the football tournament. Potential upgrades/new stadiums at North Ipswich Oval and Sunshine Coast would be great. Also the main athletics stadium would become a 30k boutique rectangular stadium.

I think there'll be great benefits from that largely stemming from the football tournament. Potential upgrades/new stadiums at North Ipswich Oval and Sunshine Coast would be great. Also the main athletics stadium would become a 30k boutique rectangular stadium.

Is that what they’ve officially said about the athletics stadium?

I was presuming it’d be the new home of AFL & Cricket

VictoryFC

Bench
Not a fan. Like Bankwest, when those seats at the back are unused, it does stick out. Should have just gone with scattered pattern whole way around.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If that pic was very recent, we're a long way having a new stadium.

I seem to recall Suncorp wasted no time.

We're now just over a year from the last ever game there and there's very little progress.

We're now just over a year from the last ever game there and there's very little progress.

There’s no builder in place, that’s why. It’s
Still being tendered after Lend Lease pulled out/were punted

axl rose

Bench

Waratahs to North Sydney Oval/Brookie for another 5 years, Sydney FC to Leichhardt, Roosters to Gosford/SCG. Its been the AFL loving merkins in the government and on the SCG trust goal all along. Get me my tin foil conspiracy hat.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Dirt update

aGUwfVy.jpg

While we all wait for a builder, why don't the Roosters play a game against some interstate team there?

Sure, no modern facilities, but imagine the fun of seeing Roosters V Titans (for instance) in the dirt... or better still a mud-bowl if it rainsl! ;)