What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frizell

Juniors
I still think he is being coached to run under lines like another prop. When he runs at gaps and halves that are in front of him he scores tries or creates fast play the balls. Watching his club games to rep games you can see the difference in how he plays to coaching directives.

possm

Coach
I still think he is being coached to run under lines like another prop. When he runs at gaps and halves that are in front of him he scores tries or creates fast play the balls. Watching his club games to rep games you can see the difference in how he plays to coaching directives.
Yes, get Saints a decent NRL coach and you will see players like, Frizell, Lomax, Hunt and Leilua shine. The team as a whole has plenty of room for improvement under a good coach.

I'd say that by bringing in a new head coach like Brown, Griffin or Toovey would even have Frizell, Leilua and others happy to extend.

The calm one

Juniors
Yes, get Saints a decent NRL coach and you will see players like, Frizell, Lomax, Hunt and Leilua shine. The team as a whole has plenty of room for improvement under a good coach.

I'd say that by bringing in a new head coach like Brown, Griffin or Toovey would even have Frizell, Leilua and others happy to extend.
No more old boys. It's already a boy's club. We don't need anymore

TruSaint

Referee
Sam Burgess to be medically retired by South Sydney Rabbitohs

Burgess has been retired just now... Sou$$s looking to cash in.

The Rabbitohs were reportedly in talks with the NRL over a $3.6 million payout to Burgess if he was forced into retirement, which the club hopes can be excluded from their salary cap.

The club are expected to confirm Burgess' retirement on Wednesday afternoon.

sporting news site.

redVinme

Juniors
Sam Burgess to be medically retired by South Sydney Rabbitohs

Burgess has been retired just now... Sou$$s looking to cash in.

The Rabbitohs were reportedly in talks with the NRL over a $3.6 million payout to Burgess if he was forced into retirement, which the club hopes can be excluded from their salary cap.

The club are expected to confirm Burgess' retirement on Wednesday afternoon.

sporting news site.

Twice in a year... When is the onus on the club for doing poor business.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Forget worrying about who we will sign, we should all worry about who we will keep. So everyone had Aitken and Dufty going - nope. No one would of thought Luch and Frizz going, but there is a good chance one if not both will go before next season, or they will certainly go after it. Think about this, Matterson was signed for three years by the Tigers for $350k a season. Yes he made 18th man for the Origin but his manager has told the Tigers he is closer to a $800,000 player and unless he received a sizeable increase he would ask for a release. He might be worth more than $350,000 but the Tigers, to their credit, have stuck to their guns and told him that they would only re-negotiate the amount for his THIRD year if he reproduced his form from this season, this would of course be on top of any extra money they have to pay him if he makes Origin in 2020. So if the swap happens between Luch and Matterson we will be considerably out of pocket. Another Hunt 'overs' situation? Maybe. My worry is that the Tigers may well be getting a player, if it happens, who just might become something special who they can build their pack around. But don't worry Mary is safe.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Surely they replace with David fifita

I would belueve this to be more of a plan. The timing of his retirement, the amount that would be requested to be excused under the cap, all fits into the David Fafita scenario more than Friz. Plus Friz and Fafita are contracted for next year. One is 28 and the other 19, its a matter of how much the investment for the future.

As far as Friz, obviously his manager is looking at securing his clients (probable) last contract. A 3yr deal would see him into his 30's.

Out of those three, Toovey is the stand out.

possm

Coach
Forget worrying about who we will sign, we should all worry about who we will keep. So everyone had Aitken and Dufty going - nope. No one would of thought Luch and Frizz going, but there is a good chance one if not both will go before next season, or they will certainly go after it. Think about this, Matterson was signed for three years by the Tigers for $350k a season. Yes he made 18th man for the Origin but his manager has told the Tigers he is closer to a $800,000 player and unless he received a sizeable increase he would ask for a release. He might be worth more than $350,000 but the Tigers, to their credit, have stuck to their guns and told him that they would only re-negotiate the amount for his THIRD year if he reproduced his form from this season, this would of course be on top of any extra money they have to pay him if he makes Origin in 2020. So if the swap happens between Luch and Matterson we will be considerably out of pocket. Another Hunt 'overs' situation? Maybe. My worry is that the Tigers may well be getting a player, if it happens, who just might become something special who they can build their pack around. But don't worry Mary is safe.
Clearly Millward is out of his depth and does not have the skills to retain 'good' players when the chips are down. Clean out the swamp and get professionals in to do the job.

BLM01

First Grade

None of those players above will be going
The ones I believe you may not see next year and dont be surprised
JDB (obvious reasons and they need to make a call before court date).
K Sims could be like v like money swap salary for Matterson in Tigers eyes as Matterson was on low money),
Pearson
and I hear Graham has not made a decision for next year....hope he does stay
But we need to but some big boppers if that is the case

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Frizell needs to be re-signed as Graham and De Belin will not be playing in 2020. We should give him a 3-4 year contract and co-captaincy
with Mc Innes.

Latest posts