What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

possm

Coach
Anthony Mundine is in the middle of Latrell Mitchell contract talks with the Bulldogs
NRL Premiership

james_hooper.jpg

909d95f7cc5891884c74798effb59ec7

Latrell Mitchell is in the sights of the Bulldogs.Source: News Corp Australia
Champion boxer Anthony Mundine has emerged as a surprise intermediary in the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs pursuit of Kangaroos and Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell.

The Bulldogs football department is currently crunching the numbers to work out how the club can have a red hot crack at trying to sign Mitchell.

The development comes after Fox Sports revealed Mitchell has personally visited a high-ranking Bulldogs official’s home as part of the club’s pitch to sell the vision about the Canterbury-Bankstown family.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2c9c986ce80d8f18661ffb504b8e1309

So why are we again not in the hunt for a marquee player. Mitchell would make an ideal fullback or centre at SGI. We need to add at least one quality player to our backline. I say that Millward should get on the phone and arrange a meeting. It seems to me every other club can be in the market for quality players except us.

BLM01

First Grade
Anthony Mundine is in the middle of Latrell Mitchell contract talks with the Bulldogs
NRL Premiership

james_hooper.jpg

Champion boxer Anthony Mundine has emerged as a surprise intermediary in the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs pursuit of Kangaroos and Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell.

The Bulldogs football department is currently crunching the numbers to work out how the club can have a red hot crack at trying to sign Mitchell.

The development comes after Fox Sports revealed Mitchell has personally visited a high-ranking Bulldogs official’s home as part of the club’s pitch to sell the vision about the Canterbury-Bankstown family.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2c9c986ce80d8f18661ffb504b8e1309

So why are we again not in the hunt for a marquee player. Mitchell would make an ideal fullback or centre at SGI. We need to add at least one quality player to our backline. I say that Millward should get on the phone and arrange a meeting. It seems to me every other club can be in the market for quality players except us.
1. Money
2. Cap space
3. Most marquees come at an inflated price for the desperate clubs like us
4. Mitchell at 1.1 or 1.2 a season asking is testament to no. 3 above
5. Mitchell wont be the same player in a crap team
5. see all above. Mitchell not worth that money. Tedesco, Turbo or Ponga YES

FlameThrower

Bench
NRL Premiership

james_hooper.jpg

Seriously....we are struggling to hold onto players and may see Tyson exit after 2020 - there is no way any marquee player will be joining us anytime soon.

FlameThrower

Bench
Latrell has proven he can be a good player when he has his head on right and but strikes me as another player with attitude who has to bring other issues into his life rather than, just shut up and play footy.

Don't want him a country mile near us.
Don’t worry OKB, Roosters seen as glamour club, endless TPA. Well drilled coaching structure and support. Big corporate connections, back to back premiers.
But we do have the blow hole in Kiama.....

St Georgio

Juniors
Too much like inglis for mine.

Too expensive for few good games a year...
I'll have him if he brings Glory like Inglis did for the wabbits..You need guys like the Mitchells, Mundines, and the Barbas of the world, Yes there unpredictable but they will get you a comp or close to it!
Mitchell 2 x Premiership Winning Player
Barba Sharks Premiership winning Player
Mundine 1999 Magic Player-only to hog the last pass to Glory!

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
Don't be surprised if he ends up elsewhere Samy...Heard souths a while ago...Any of Roosters/Dogs or Souths...

If roosters wanted to keep him they would....Simple...

Never coming here....

That's what I think Roosters but if it's just money the others are in.
Roosters have kept the best of their centres any rate in Manu. So I don't think they be to upset

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If, if, if he ever left the Roosters and lets look at $1m per season, why would he come to us to not play finals football?

I think he's just testing the waters to guage interest. The only place he'd go to is Souths but I think he'll stay at the Roosters.
The Dogs have enough problems and need to retain their current players, spending $1m+ on Mitchell would put them straight back into salary cap problems.
Until McGregor is gone we are just a festering abscess on the butt of the NRL.

Gareth67

First Grade
NRL Premiership

james_hooper.jpg

Shoosh possum ! We don’t want our fools spending the 2021 - $4 Mil. war chest on Latrell’s first 6 months salary.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
1. Money
2. Cap space
3. Most marquees come at an inflated price for the desperate clubs like us
4. Mitchell at 1.1 or 1.2 a season asking is testament to no. 3 above
5. Mitchell wont be the same player in a crap team
5. see all above. Mitchell not worth that money. Tedesco, Turbo or Ponga YES
Let Hunt return to Broncos and use his cap to sign Mitchell. He wants to p;ay fullback and we need a fullback.
Sailor or Dufty to play five-eighth and Norman to halfback and run the team.

possm

Coach
If, if, if he ever left the Roosters and lets look at $1m per season, why would he come to us to not play finals football?

I think he's just testing the waters to guage interest. The only place he'd go to is Souths but I think he'll stay at the Roosters.
The Dogs have enough problems and need to retain their current players, spending $1m+ on Mitchell would put them straight back into salary cap problems.
Until McGregor is gone we are just a festering abscess on the butt of the NRL.
Aitken to the Dogs and Lafai to Souths. Mitchell to the Dragons.