What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
The NRL's policy on injury retirements state that the injury that forced the retirement cannot be the degeneration of an ongoing problem. He's had an issue with that shoulder for years. I'm not an expert, but it certainly looks to me like his salary should be coming out of the cap.

It's unlucky for Souths but I'm tired of the NRL acting like a clown organisation and making the rules up as they go along.

Feel for all players who get cruelled by injury but I'd rather be in Sam's (financial) position than say, Tim Browne or Te Maire Martin.
Thanks for Explaining the rule. However, it makes no sense. Why have such a stupid rule? What terrible mischief are they stopping? Just another way to restrict players salaries, just like the salary cap. Every older player you sign has a risk an old injury can finish their career. What complete and utter horse shit.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thanks for Explaining the rule. However, it makes no sense. Why have such a stupid rule? What terrible mischief are they stopping? Just another way to restrict players salaries, just like the salary cap. Every older player you sign has a risk an old injury can finish their career. What complete and utter horse shit.

He will get paid what he is owed... Just if it Souths be on the cap.

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont think you could expect BMM to bring that form to the NRL. He wouldnt play with the same passion he does for Tonga.

Jennings outplayed Wighton and Mitchell aswell. He was incredible... like BMM and most other Tongans his effort was at a higher level than we see at club level.

Status
Not open for further replies.