What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Attention BOARD MEMBERS.

The Dragons have the largest fanbase.............. FACT!

Look below to see that in 2019, we had the lowest fan attendances......... FACT!

Now keep telling yourselves that McGregor had nothing to do with it ........ you IDIOTS!

received_533308900757343-jpeg.32895

Qapm

Juniors
ok someone has to ask the big question,if and when we get rid of mary what the hell do we all talk about then some of our members without mentioning names will be left with nothing to do they may have to resort to talking to there wifes girlfriends or both.i can see this being a problem for some hopefully sooner rather than later.

Everyone will be too busy watching the Dragons win more games than they lose and this thread will only be a bad memory

getsmarty

Immortal
De Belin drama no excuse
Local Sport
r0_0_5352_3647_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

LOOKING INWARD: The Dragons won't let the Jack de Belin saga be a distraction this preseason. Picture: NRL Photos

IT loomed large over their 2019 campaign but the ongoing Jack de Belin saga won't disrupt the Dragons preparations for next season according to star prop Paul Vaughan.

De Belin was stood down in February under the NRL's controversial no-fault stand-down policy after he was charged with aggravated sexual assault.

De Belin vehemently denies his guilt and mounted a challenge to the policy, with the support of the Rugby League Players Association, in the NSW Federal Court.

The court's ruling came down in favour of the NRL two days before the Dragons were smashed 45-12 by the Knights in Mudgee - a point from which they never recovered.

De Belin dropped an appeal against the decision in September after he and co-accused Callan Sinclair's trial date on the charges was brought forward to March 2 next year.

It will come just two weeks before the start of the 2020 season, ensuring the matter will linger around the Dragons preseason, but Vaughan says his side won't be derailed this time around.

"You can't say 'oh we didn't play well because we had this hanging over us. I think that's done now," Vaughan said.

"Best case scenario Jack gets through and, he's one of the best forwards in the game so he'll improve our team, but we can only focus on the task at hand.

"Obviously there's going to be a lot of media around that because that's the way these things are.

"We just need the boys keen to get into preseason and be a hundred per cent focused and mentally strong enough to get through that."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6464467/de-belin-drama-no-excuse/?cs=302

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
De Belin drama no excuse
Local Sport

LOOKING INWARD: The Dragons won't let the Jack de Belin saga be a distraction this preseason. Picture: NRL Photos

IT loomed large over their 2019 campaign but the ongoing Jack de Belin saga won't disrupt the Dragons preparations for next season according to star prop Paul Vaughan.

De Belin was stood down in February under the NRL's controversial no-fault stand-down policy after he was charged with aggravated sexual assault.

De Belin vehemently denies his guilt and mounted a challenge to the policy, with the support of the Rugby League Players Association, in the NSW Federal Court.

The court's ruling came down in favour of the NRL two days before the Dragons were smashed 45-12 by the Knights in Mudgee - a point from which they never recovered.

De Belin dropped an appeal against the decision in September after he and co-accused Callan Sinclair's trial date on the charges was brought forward to March 2 next year.

It will come just two weeks before the start of the 2020 season, ensuring the matter will linger around the Dragons preseason, but Vaughan says his side won't be derailed this time around.

"You can't say 'oh we didn't play well because we had this hanging over us. I think that's done now," Vaughan said.

"Best case scenario Jack gets through and, he's one of the best forwards in the game so he'll improve our team, but we can only focus on the task at hand.

"Obviously there's going to be a lot of media around that because that's the way these things are.

"We just need the boys keen to get into preseason and be a hundred per cent focused and mentally strong enough to get through that."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6464467/de-belin-drama-no-excuse/?cs=302

________________________________________________________________________________

Yep, a decent coach will sort that out.

De Belin drama no excuse
Local Sport

QUOTE="getsmarty, post: 13882394, member: 31120"] De Belin drama no excuse
Local Sport

This is the same player who spoke up publically in support of Mary during the critical final rounds.

In this article he says they won’t be distracted but by speaking up he’s already distracted and bringing it up to all and sundry.

Which genius in sgi public relations set this up?

They are already setting up excuses for 2020.

After such a pathetic turn out last year, none of the players should be seen anywhere near the media. They really need to shut up and do their jobs.

They can hug and praise jdb and Mary in private if they want.

All the boys should be preparing for 2020 without jdb. Not because I think he is guilty ( I don’t know) but because it makes more sense to plan for worst case scenario. Then if he can play, adjust for that which will be easier because he’s quality. It’s a lot harder to fit in a lesser talent.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
This is the same player who spoke up publically in support of Mary during the critical final rounds.

In this article he says they won’t be distracted but by speaking up he’s already distracted and bringing it up to all and sundry.

After such a pathetic turn out last year, none of the players should be seen anywhere near the media. They really need to shut up and do their jobs.

Football clubs are a bit like family.

If I want to heap shit on my club or family, that’s my prerogative. If other supporters need to vent, I’m happy to listen to them.

If anyone else does it, as far as I’m concerned, they can f**k right off.

BLM01

First Grade

All the boys should be preparing for 2020 without jdb. Not because I think he is guilty ( I don’t know) but because it makes more sense to plan for worst case scenario. Then if he can play, adjust for that which will be easier because he’s quality. It’s a lot harder to fit in a lesser talent.

I am glad you changed your words from
"This is the same player who had a woeful 2019 and then came out and supported Mary."
to what you rewrote

For a moment there I thought you were talking about your team and Packer & Matulino when you said woeful 2019...but silly me
You get mighty verbal for a non supporter.
You play us in Round 1..I would of thought you'd be happy if we are distracted!
What player when asked dumb questions by the journos does not come out in support of what his club or coach are doing and talking positive.
Your whole club are right behind Ryan Matterson and saying nice things publicly about what he is doing. Privately ha.....What about the distraction for the Tigers!

TruSaint

Referee
I think our club should start preparing a case to have the NRL reduce the time reduced to six months and then we could sack McIdiot

Flanagan was very fortunate to be given a break, to be fair.
Took a 10 page apology for him to be granted an assistants role.

I know we look at it with red and white glasses on, but he had 2 strikes with the NRL. Neither trivial.