What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

carcharias

Immortal
I gotta tell yas

One of my fave brevilles is chicken, cheese and creamed corn.

It translated really good to a pizza. Might be even better as a calzone.

Mate I had that as an apprentice everyday for about 6 months ... too much
Then I couldn’t even stand the smell of it again for years.

Now I make it for my kids with left over bbq chicken
It’s unreal again.

Quigs

Immortal
GAL DAY - GAME DAY - TRIBUTE TO GAL GAME DAY COOK OFF.

Last night - this morning I prepared and created the last of season 2019 batch of Pea N Ham.

4 x 2 litre Woolworths Ice Cream containers full of the finest P & H as a tribute to the great mans last game at Shark Park.

Go you good thang.

peasoup-gal-1.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
I am officially withdrawn from the event and not on the Stewards' advice.

Believe it or not I am on day No2 of my whole food diet. Going to give it a whirl for at least a month.

No bread, dairy, meat or processed shit.

Dropped a kilo and a bit already and 'me' sugar has gone down from 9.1 to 7.7.

So watch it if I get back down to me fighting weight.

I am officially withdrawn from the event and not on the Stewards' advice.

Believe it or not I am on day No2 of my whole food diet. Going to give it a whirl for at least a month.

No bread, dairy, meat or processed shit.

Dropped a kilo and a bit already and 'me' sugar has gone down from 9.1 to 7.7.

So watch it if I get back down to me fighting weight.
I used to do that once a year for 2 months. It works. I'm just enjoying eating and drinking too much at the moment.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Roast pumpkin, fennel and chorizo with pappardelle (flat egg pasta) Swimming in garlic butter. Also thyme, italian parsley and fennel stalk chopped up and thrown over it.. I tell ya folks. it's awesome!

Created by accident when we had to raid the cupboards one evening.

Also I've recently found a full strength beer Burleigh Bighead. No carbs no sugar and full of flavour. Winning.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Battered Obviously... Beer Battered best

haha. Nuh sorry BF. Piece was a bit thick so baked it in foil in butter, fennel, chilli and lime after basting it in buttermilk for a few hours. I read you do that cause shark can have an ammonia taste and the buttermilk neutralises it.

Texture IS like chicken. Taste is like chicken.

I had a sneaky bitta Barra ready in case LOL

3B2BA329-D257-41E6-98CB-BE984A2D5F58.jpeg 69990AE6-62A1-4978-9155-885E917DD88F.jpeg

haha. Nuh sorry BF. Piece was a bit thick so baked it in foil in butter, fennel, chilli and lime after basting it in buttermilk for a few hours. I read you do that cause shark can have an ammonia taste and the buttermilk neutralises it.

Texture IS like chicken. Taste is like chicken.

I had a sneaky bitta Barra ready in case LOL

View attachment 33965 View attachment 33966
Well it looks and sounds good, but you could throw in the colonels 26 secret herbs and spices and a McDonalds Pickle .... AND the Saltwater Barra with a bit of Lemon would still be better