What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Dave's mate

Juniors

Based on one game? People wanted both halves gone to make way for future immortal Luai after one game aswell.

Young halves tend to be wildly inconsistent, unpredictable and have alot of form fluctuations. Burton could very well be the same
Luai runs around like a headless chook. For him to succeed he'll need a very good coach....we don't have that

franklin2323

Immortal

Based on one game? People wanted both halves gone to make way for future immortal Luai after one game aswell.

Young halves tend to be wildly inconsistent, unpredictable and have alot of form fluctuations. Burton could very well be the same

Based on Luai having no idea with structure. Even May over Luai

mxlegend99

Referee
Based on Luai having no idea with structure. Even May over Luai
I think it could be a perfect balance with Nathan Cleary sticking to structure and game plans.

Luai deserves a chance to succeed before being written off IMO. Especially ahead of a 1 game rookie. His development has been held back through no fault of his own.

I think give him ~5 weeks or so. If he hasnt shown enough give Burton a crack and try Luai elsewhere.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it could be a perfect balance with Nathan Cleary sticking to structure and game plans.

Luai deserves a chance to succeed before being written off IMO. Especially ahead of a 1 game rookie. His development has been held back through no fault of his own.

I think give him ~5 weeks or so. If he hasnt shown enough give Burton a crack and try Luai elsewhere.

Luai should be in the 17 every week regardless

mxlegend99

Referee
May over Luai?!

I’ve read some crazy stuff on these boards, that’s right up there.

We’ll never score any points with Cleary & May as our halves.
I wouldn't want May as a half for us... but this just isn't true. We've proven it before.

Screenshot_20191102-184905_Chrome.jpg

1. Edwards
6. May (wearing #19)
7. Cleary
9. Rein

Nathan Cleary had 2 try assists to go along with his 3 tries.

I wouldn't want May as a half for us... but this just isn't true. We've proven it before.

View attachment 33949

1. Edwards
6. May (wearing #19)
7. Cleary
9. Rein

Nathan Cleary had 2 try assists to go along with his 3 tries.

Firstly, I was being hyperbolic.

But when I say something like that, I’m talking long term. There’ll always be individual games that are an exception, but if you had Cleary & May as the halves over an entire season our point scoring total would be low.

Also it doesn’t surprise me that a more structured game plan worked against the warriors.

We simply can’t afford to have two running halves if we want to compete for the top of the table.

Our attack is one dimensional as is, it would be even more predicable with those halves.

This season our points for was the 4th worst in the comp, could anyone seriously say that’d improve with Tyrone May at 5/8?!

We‘ll be lucky to match it with Burton or Luai at 5/8 (we likely won’t) with May it’ll be a fair bit worse.

luv my panfas

Juniors

Your dead right mx burton very well could be worse but as i have said numerous times Luai could be anything but at this point in time to much air between the ears Saw nothing today change my mind

franklin2323

Immortal
May is a more proven 5/8th than Luai. We have won a finals game with him and Cleary halves. Especially if Luai is at the back or the x factor off the bench

franklin2323

Immortal
Think Luai needs a consistent run at 5/8 before we judge him, but if he isn’t good enough I don’t think he could he used elsewhere tbh.

True but too many games like he had today when he has been in the halves.

9 now app has all the NSW Cup games they televised... Check out the last 3 of ours and Luai/Burton were the halves. Very very ordinary

May is a more proven 5/8th than Luai. We have won a finals game with him and Cleary halves. Especially if Luai is at the back or the x factor off the bench

As I remember it, it was a Bryce Cartwright that largely won us that game.

I still don’t understand the Luai off the bench idea, he was far worse there than he was at 5/8 for us. All his better games were at 5/8.

if you’re going to consider past games, why ignore the ones where he played terribly off the bench?

Latest posts