What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GB Tour - Sat 2 Nov - NZ 12-8 GB @ Eden Park

NZ v GB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Not the prettiest win, but a hard fought grinding one. Proud of the guys for getting away with the win.

Not much territory or possession, but defended well and took some limited opportunities.

Chook Norris

First Grade
GB ended up looking a lot better when Hodgson got out of the game and they could get their outside men some early ball. Still, they couldn't do it. So many dumb dumb plays

This Year?

Immortal
GB's backline is absolute gash. I'm still in shock how they only scored 1 try with all that ball, then I looked at who are in the ball playing positions and it made sense.

Wizardman

First Grade
That was the worst attempt at finishing a try I have seen from a winger in years from McGillvary. Absolutely embarrassing! Vast majority of QCup/NSW Cup wingers finish that try. Im stunned by that effort from an international winger.

Springs09

Juniors
That was the worst attempt at finishing a try I have seen from a winger in years from McGillvary. Absolutely embarrassing! Vast majority of QCup/NSW Cup wingers finish that try. Im stunned by that effort from an international winger.

Not only that but the previous 2 players could probably have scored themselves. One of the worst bombed tries I've ever seen.

typicalfan

Coach
On the other hand, it was a great effort by Kenny Bromwich to ensure the try was not a foregone conclusion. One of the most improved players in the comp.

Wizardman

First Grade
On the other hand, it was a great effort by Kenny Bromwich to ensure the try was not a foregone conclusion. One of the most improved players in the comp.
Good work from the Kiwis to defend it sure....but that try is scored by 95% of wingers in that situation. 1. Why he did not simply dive is a question that only he can answer. 2. The way he carried the ball...the guy should have tucked the footy into his arms instead of holding it in from of him waiting for an opposition player to swat it out of his hands.
Inexcusable for an international winger.....should not play test footy again.

typicalfan

Coach
Good work from the Kiwis to defend it sure....but that try is scored by 95% of wingers in that situation. 1. Why he did not simply dive is a question that only he can answer. 2. The way he carried the ball...the guy should have tucked the footy into his arms instead of holding it in from of him waiting for an opposition player to swat it out of his hands.
Inexcusable for an international winger.....should not play test footy again.
That's true, I just think Kenny turned it from a 99% try scenario to maybe 85/90% and the odds ended up in his favour. Definitely a poor effort by the winger but thought it was worth mentioning.

BadnMean

Juniors
Sad part is McGilvary is clearly their best winger- one of very few in the team to look decent in general play. But yeah, botched the finish big time.

Bennet has jumped the shark. Has taken a GB team filled with skilful, ball playing forwards & can create a bit (watch what Whitehead, Hodgson, Bateman do for Raiders) & forced them into a dull, robot-wayne-ball system where you can't actually play footy.

Then decided Hastings was the answer at half? Seriously? Meanwhile Raiders-bound half Williams sits out of the team.

Then picks a squad with no centres or backup wingers... Picks Hall who no-one even had close to the top 5 wingers in SL when he was there last. Fair enough Mackinson is injured but Charnley should be there and even Grace if they want some badly needed speed & flair.

Latest posts