What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Oceania Cup Test - Sat 2 Nov - AUS 12-16 TON @ Eden Park

Australia v Tonga

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springs09

Juniors
This is the greatest thing to ever happen to International Rugby League

Bravo Tonga

One of the greatest moments in rugby league full stop.

Only thing that would make it better is if it were in a comp that actually meant something. Imagine if this was in a final or a semi.

Danish

Referee
Just quietly... how piss weak was old mate Sutton in the final 45 seconds?

NRL pedigree coming through there just completely losing control of the game.

I did like though that effectively the final play of the game came from a penalty because the Aussie players assumed the stupid strip “interpretation” rule isn’t allowed under the correct international laws of the game

Saxon

Bench
Well done Tonga. Great performance.

But, I would like to add:
1. Worst Australian team I have ever seen - worse even than the team that lost to the French in 1978.
2. Cordner offers nothing as captain
3. Meninga offers not much as coach. I'm a Qld fan, but it just goes to show that the theory that Mal's success was more due to Neil Henry and Queensland culture is on the money.
4. Giraffe Neck. WTF?
5. Latrell is in fact as dumb as he looks.

Slackboy72

Coach
Please pay overs shitchell bulldogs. It's been good to see you stink it up these last couple of years and it'll be good to see you prop up the table with another salary cap disaster for another ten.

Well done Tonga. Great performance.

But, I would like to add:
1. Worst Australian team I have ever seen - worse even than the team that lost to the French in 1978.
2. Cordner offers nothing as captain
3. Meninga offers not much as coach. I'm a Qld fan, but it just goes to show that the theory that Mal's success was more due to Neil Henry and Queensland culture is on the money.
4. Giraffe Neck. WTF?
5. Latrell is in fact as dumb as he looks.

Slater
Lockyer
Thurston
Cronk
Smith

Glen

Bench
Incredible! Congrats Tonga!

Embarrassing effort by Aus. There is zero leadership in that team and the halves are a joke. I don’t blame Paul Vaughan for that horrible fluke grubber when he sees Munster and DCE on either side on the last tackle. And that weak prick Latrell should be sacked for not having the guts to dive on that loose ball

Canard

Immortal
Trying to belittle the Tongan's achievement by running down the Kangaroos is salt personified.

wibble

Bench
You know Tonga have some great players.

Taumalolo, Taukeiaho, Fifita, Fanua-Blake, Pangai are world class and would be picked for any team if available.

But they had a large contingent of players who are good, but played out of their skins. Guys like Murdoch-Masila, Staggs, Jennings, Tupou, Katoa, Hopoate, Hurrell, were all as good as anyone on the field.

Munster and DCE lack the game management of Thurston or Cronk (DCE has been injured all year though), so if it becomes a shootout between individuals Tonga have enough great players, and the rest playing out of their skins, to win that. Aussies needed to use team play, game management, and percentage plays to win, but had too many cowboys not willing to play that way, and only one individual (Haas) able to stand up to the brilliant Tongan individuals.

Latest posts