What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

taipan

Referee
Let’s dissect his fan pandering statement a little shall we?

1. There’ll be no relocations. No sht Sherlock. There was never going to be any relocations so why even mention it?
2. Sort the refs out, good luck with that. The nrl has been trying for years. What is he going to start telling the refs how to do their jobs? Maybe he is going to tell Greenberg to ignore the media and let the refs penalise to clean the game up?
3. Increase grassroots. Well given that is a key part of the nrl’s strategic plan I’d have thought they were already planning for this?
4. Increase diversity. This I can applaud and is something the game could do better in.
5. Sort out Sydney suburban grounds. Lol yeh of course this is going to happen, after all the flack the nsw govt just copped you think they are going to chuck another $4-500mill at the 6 suburban parks?
6. re expansion all I’ve heard him say so far is not soon and one franchise, which seems a bit pre-emotive given the nrl is spending a shed of money currently doing an expansion review, again.

But hey he knew who the kangaroos capt is so a step up I suppose lol.

Let's consider a perpetual bitching fan whose regular statements , revolve around his wanna be club, and stuff the rest.

1.Correct.And you were the one who advocated removal of Sydney clubs.Fail
2.His view is one ref , perhaps getting Harrigan on board to assist may help.Of course we should continue to put up with the disastrous 6 tackle blunder in the G/F, surely the bunker could have intervened.
3.Well Mr Um and Agh ,and Mr I'm a Banker (and we made money)failed in that regard. Obviously what has been done in the past hasn't worked to increase grassroots.
4.Give me oxygen ,just collapsed,,actually agree with the point on diversity.
5.No amount was mentioned .Bearing in mind Govt grants for schools (private etc) can be on a dollar for dollar basis.That's the basis of the Centres of Excellence..
You don't want Sydney suburban grounds improved then, which would suit your club admirably long term.
Grants do not have to be allocated in the one year, they can be spread over a few.Grants are handed out to various sports year after year ,including ru(which will benefit for the SFS and a refurbished Brookvale.
6.The work Greenburger and his cohorts had to do started in July ,this year and will continue til Feb thereabouts ,as to the footprint the game should be from 2023.It's not a secret. The new Vlad is hardly going to make a firm commitment until the research is finalised and the Board affirms. the way to go.

Seriously the LOLs should be directed at people ,who expect answers in 24 hours ,that fulfil all their entitled needs.

And the Sharks have now advised they will be buying the Kareela Golf Club ,as another asset and income producer, in addition to the ground and club they currently own,.and debt free.Munro the CEO has advised the NRL CFO with the details, and the latter was stated as being very impressed.That's what suburban clubs are or will be doing.Damn shame LOL.

Mr Spock!

Referee
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sp...ndys-on-suburban-grounds-20191101-p536ls.html

Sports minister keen to work with V'landys on suburban grounds
Adrian Proszenko
November 1, 2019 — 3.37pm

Acting NSW Sports Minister Geoff Lee has expressed a desire to work with new ARLC supremo Peter V'landys on the upgrade of suburban grounds to improve the game-day experience for sporting fans.

In his first press conference after succeeding Peter Beattie, V'landys earmarked the redevelopment of ageing boutique facilities among his seven “big ticket” priorities for the game. The Racing NSW chief executive will host Lee on Saturday at the Golden Eagle race meeting at Rosehill, where the subject may be broached.

16c7c709704771b10dbd841a17e76fa0b3c1b646

Manly fans have renewed hope of improvements to their home ground.CREDIT:CAMERON SPENCER

“I’m looking forward to catching up with Peter V'landys,” Lee said. “Coming from somewhere like Parramatta, I know the importance of local grounds for sport.

“Any opportunity we have to leverage off sport, we will have a look at. We’re open to any suggestions and would put everything on the table, especially when it comes to grassroots sport. Making sure it is female-friendly, ensuring the changerooms and amenities being better.

V'landys said Brookvale Oval was the ground in need of most attention and one of his venue priorities. Those sentiments were welcomed by Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn, who is hoping the club’s $33 million centre of excellence will completed by May 2021.

“It’s terrific to have someone of Peter’s calibre overseeing the game,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said. “He is a passionate man through and through and also understands grassroots and the tribalism of rugby league. It’s exciting for all clubs for someone who understands the game and more importantly understands how to bring money into the game.

“He also understands fan expectations and what the clubs need to be sustainable going forward.

“It’s certainly music to our ears now that the overarching government stadia strategy is locked away that he is turning his attention to suburban grounds most in need. Obviously Lottoland is No.1 in terms of teams having it as their dominant home ground.”

The development application for Manly’s centre of excellence was submitted last week. Construction is scheduled to commence after the final home game of the 2020 season. The Sea Eagles hope they will be able to continue to play at Lottoland during the construction phase despite a reduced capacity, although they are likely to request more away games to start the 2021 season.
Titans Centre of Excellence is working well.....

Let’s dissect his fan pandering statement a little shall we?

1. There’ll be no relocations. No sht Sherlock. There was never going to be any relocations so why even mention it?
2. Sort the refs out, good luck with that. The nrl has been trying for years. What is he going to start telling the refs how to do their jobs? Maybe he is going to tell Greenberg to ignore the media and let the refs penalise to clean the game up?
3. Increase grassroots. Well given that is a key part of the nrl’s strategic plan I’d have thought they were already planning for this?
4. Increase diversity. This I can applaud and is something the game could do better in.
5. Sort out Sydney suburban grounds. Lol yeh of course this is going to happen, after all the flack the nsw govt just copped you think they are going to chuck another $4-500mill at the 6 suburban parks?
6. re expansion all I’ve heard him say so far is not soon and one franchise, which seems a bit pre-emotive given the nrl is spending a shed of money currently doing an expansion review, again.

But hey he knew who the kangaroos capt is so a step up I suppose lol.
5. Take a look at your beloved afl .
When Vlad was at the helm he gouged billions out of pollies for grounds the game etc due to his close association & relationship with them .
This bloke has connections in GOVt the media etc ...so he has far more chance of getting $$$$ for ground upgrades than any previous ARLC Chairman .
Try a bit of positivity for a change .
Give the bloke a chance before you run him down .

BadnMean

Juniors
My Asian wife came with me to the Magic Round games on Saturday this year and absolutely loved them. She has watched all the FTA weekend games with me this season, knows who James Tedesco is and sports a Knights jersey better than any of the beige fat white chicks I see at games.

So much for not buying into your “Aussie” lifestyle sh*t for brains. Oh and she offers far more to our way of life than a knuckle-dragging Poorline-worshipping Neanderthal like you.

One thing about Ozzie kulcha we do agree on though, the cricket is f***ing boring, we don’t believe in sky fairies and you couldn’t pay us to stay in Bali.

was going to point out my best mate since kindy, best man at my wedding, spent years on the freezing seats of Bruce stadium for the last 20 years until we finally watched the gf together- he’s Thai.

or my cousins from Vietnam who were at the gf...

or the Asian coaches in the Raiders juniors pathways...

my wife’s brother who was a physiotherapist at the Raiders or my wife whose been to countless games with me. Bleeds green. Children of not only Asian’s but Vietnamese boat people no less.

they love and contribute to all the background and locality and a complete Australian culture in that way.

but why bother

Chook Norris

First Grade
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...k/news-story/4ca960259282caa5e987d7ae7f43dbaa

We need to be inclusive and attract Asians and other Immigrants.

Asians and Indians do not play Rugby League. They are focused on education and offer nothing to our way of life, They do not come here for the "Aussie" lifestyle.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

I'd suggest you have a look at oztag and touch football. There are plenty of Asians (like myself) who play both forms of footy. In Western Sydney, there are whole leagues full of Vietnamese and Chinese teams.

Your first response is likely to be "well that's not rugby league" and you'd be right. But the point is there should be a genuine pathway where people might be persuaded to also try out league. There is a big benefit to building diversity and being inclusive to other cultures.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I'd suggest you have a look at oztag and touch football. There are plenty of Asians (like myself) who play both forms of footy. In Western Sydney, there are whole leagues full of Vietnamese and Chinese teams.

Your first response is likely to be "well that's not rugby league" and you'd be right. But the point is there should be a genuine pathway where people might be persuaded to also try out league. There is a big benefit to building diversity and being inclusive to other cultures.
You also have the physical differences between 40kg Vietnamese kids tackling 100kg Samoan kids.

BadnMean

Juniors

Perhaps he's talking about Japanese rugby- they have some big boys.

I teach at at international school, 20% chinese nationals overseas contingent, rest majority Aussies, Saffers & locals (Singapore). Biggest kids in every grade is usually a Chinese kid the rough size & build of Glenn Lazarus- actual size or scale down for junior grades.

It's just the average build is way smaller than the average Polynesian kid and slightly smaller than the average Aussie kid- who might be as tall fill out only in the senior grades usually. There's always exceptions.

Mr Spock!

Referee
So why can RU get players as big or bigger than the islanders
Does Vietnam play rugby?

Asian kids are GENERALLY smaller.

I've taught some and none of them were keen on league.

They were too small.

They stuck to soccer.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
You also have the physical differences between 40kg Vietnamese kids tackling 100kg Samoan kids.

Actually im pretty sure the stereotype of “Asian are small” comes from the difference in diet between 20thC western and 20thC asian countries...

Europeans/Americans were on average equally skinny before the industrial revolution. But in the last generation, a lot of kids in Asian countries are getting great diets and they are just shooting up.

I was working in high schools in a few countries there and it is amazing seeing these tiny parents and grandparents bringing these enormous teenagers to the gate

TheRam

Coach
Actually im pretty sure the stereotype of “Asian are small” comes from the difference in diet between 20thC western and 20thC asian countries...

Europeans/Americans were on average equally skinny before the industrial revolution. But in the last generation, a lot of kids in Asian countries are getting great diets and they are just shooting up.

I was working in high schools in a few countries there and it is amazing seeing these tiny parents and grandparents bringing these enormous teenagers to the gate

Kinda like Mexicans too.