What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Next year you'd assume our reserves backline has Parry, Dunster and Gennings. We still need to fill 2 spots, one being at fullback.

Will Smith may play fullback, or in the halves, or hooker. Other than maybe the 2 Fijians stepping up I can't see anyone from our Flegg squad making the initial move to reserves.

Tui Aufulo? He was all the hype a few years back.
Ordinary back ups considering this year we had Bevan and Hoff

Next year you'd assume our reserves backline has Parry, Dunster and Gennings. We still need to fill 2 spots, one being at fullback.

Will Smith may play fullback, or in the halves, or hooker. Other than maybe the 2 Fijians stepping up I can't see anyone from our Flegg squad making the initial move to reserves.

Does Dunster own some photos of BA f**king a goat or something? On the limited times I've seen him he seems undersized, makes poor decisions in defense and doesn't seem to have anything magic that makes up for these. Maybe I've just seen a bad sample.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Tui Aufulo? He was all the hype a few years back.
Ordinary back ups considering this year we had Bevan and Hoff
This is true but our top 17 is stronger and so if a club like the Eels are any chance of a premiership we need to stack the top 17 and hope for minimal injuries. Who knows, perhaps one or two of the young blokes may surprise if called upon.

We have a much better chance now I reckon (provided the Matto signing talk is true).

I love the fact that it’s only November and we have a clear top 15 or 16 with the utility role and perhaps a bench middle the only positions up for grabs.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
With Matto in the squad he is a like for like replacement for Ma'u so he doesn't strengthen the squad. But our spine are another year older and along with RCG our team will be much stronger. This is the year for Drown to really step up. With more emphasis on defence and minimal injuries next year I'm confident the team will comfortably sit in top 4.

Tooooks

Bench
Does Dunster own some photos of BA f**king a goat or something? On the limited times I've seen him he seems undersized, makes poor decisions in defense and doesn't seem to have anything magic that makes up for these. Maybe I've just seen a bad sample.

He’s bigger than Josh Addo-Carr so I don’t think size is the issue. It’s more the distinct lack of talent.

Gronk

Staff member
With Matto in the squad he is a like for like replacement for Ma'u so he doesn't strengthen the squad. But our spine are another year older and along with RCG our team will be much stronger. This is the year for Drown to really step up. With more emphasis on defence and minimal injuries next year I'm confident the team will comfortably sit in top 4.
Sorry to troll you, but literally 3 or 4 months ago you were enraged, spewing that we were a “shit club, shit coach and shit team”.

Did you have a recent blood transfusion? Cos it’s possible that you ended up with a batch from one of my donations to the blood bank.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am not sure any team is that superior bar the Rooster for next season that a window is present.
Are we far better then some of the sides who finished 15th? Are we far worse then Souths or Canberra.
Heaps of teams will contest a GF spot and think they have a chance if the Rooster take a step back. I reckon if hold onto our 6,7 and 9 we stay competitive for that length of time which could be up to 10yrs.

eels_fan

First Grade
We are entering a premiership window and to me it feels very much like 2005-2007 when we should have jagged at least one comp. Or is it more like 1998-2001?

Think we are a quality utility/backup 9 away from being a true contender.

hindy111

Post Whore
Think we are a quality utility/backup 9 away from being a true contender.

I'd like one more prop. I see the starting side picks itself. But what does the bench look like?

Taka, Nikuore, Evans, Alvaro, Terepo, Stone, Salmon, Kafusi, Stefano.

It is a bunch of average guys unless a few step up. And with injuries a few of these guys will start.
Most teams that are succesfull tend to have a bit more fire coming off the bench. Have a look at the Roosters bench. Yes no other team matches this quality

14. Angus Crichton 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Nat Butcher 17. Siosiua Taukeiaho + N.Friend

Storm would bring Papenhauzen,B.Smith and Welch

Most other teams bring a similar bench to ours. Some slightly better.