What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

yakstorm

First Grade
Not many tickets left on the East or West now. All very encouraging before the walk ups start... Hopefully the Tongan, Samoan and Kiwi fans walk up in force as well...

adamkungl

Immortal
Despite my criticisms of the event and its planning, it really should be an excellent day of Rugby League.

I would have loved to go, but 1 too many holidays for this year already. Hopefully this tournament gives some worthwhile events long into the future..

deluded pom?

Coach
Not a bad day overall. GB lost playing the most boring rugby I’ve seen for many a year. Australia beaten by Tonga and a result in a certain other match. Meatloaf was right. Two out of three ain’t bad.

RedVee

First Grade
Does GB losing 2 Tests affect England’s rating position ? Or do GB get their own rating spot ?

siv

First Grade
Looks like a lot left after the NZ v GB game

We need to think where to best play Fiji games. They only have a small following at home or away

taste2taste

Juniors
Looks like a lot left after the NZ v GB game

We need to think where to best play Fiji games. They only have a small following at home or away
Once Fiji get a league team to follow next year the support for league will ( hopefully ) grow.

Playing Fijis internationals at Suva ( capacity 15k ) could be a go'er ?

The biggest problem playing in Fiji is the gate, I'd imagine tickets would be about $5AUD each ?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Once Fiji get a league team to follow next year the support for league will ( hopefully ) grow.

Playing Fijis internationals at Suva ( capacity 15k ) could be a go'er ?

The biggest problem playing in Fiji is the gate, I'd imagine tickets would be about $5AUD each ?
Get the Fijian big name league players in the team and play in Suva. Got to start from somewhere and keep building even if only 5000-6000 attend.

Can’t expect instant success for what is essentially an alien sport in Fiji compared to union and union 7’s.

RedVee

First Grade
NO it doesn't affect England's rating position...as it's not England that's lost!
Ok, so GB sit at the tail of the ratings at 0/2 until they drop off through lack of games. Or don’t even make the ratings.

Bit of a disappointment GB.

adamkungl

Immortal
A journo on twitter, cant remember which one, said that GB-nations get ranking points proportional to the number of players in the squad...

If that is indeed the absurd case, it means bad news for England.

roughyedspud

Coach
A journo on twitter, cant remember which one, said that GB-nations get ranking points proportional to the number of players in the squad...

If that is indeed the absurd case, it means bad news for England.

That is absolutely not the case...I thought you would have learned ages ago not to listen to journos on twitter

jim_57

Staff member
So, I wonder how Christchurch is selling?

They really should have tried to get Samoa V Tonga on the "undercard" for this one and played PNG V Fiji in one of those countries.

In saying that though would there be much Tonga or Samoa hype in Christchurch compared to Auckland?

Latest posts