What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Hamblin

Juniors
This thread Says Rumoured and Confirmed Signings. I don,t care about BMM etc he is not likely to play for Penrith again. Has anyone heard whether S Crighton and S Blore have resigned

Reactions: Bob

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I dont think you could expect BMM to bring that form to the NRL. He wouldnt play with the same passion he does for Tonga.

Jennings outplayed Wighton and Mitchell aswell. He was incredible... like BMM and most other Tongans his effort was at a higher level than we see at club level.

Sadly I agree. Sione today has his best game since comming into grade. Will this translate with week to week gring footy who knows.

Coastal

Juniors
He should go to the dogs to learn from Katoa.
Katoa had a great game against Australia yesterday, and was a big part of the win against GBL the week before.
Maybe with Katoa its the players he's playing alongside rather the player himself.

age.s

First Grade
Havent watched the full game but from the footage is saw Katoa didn't look like he'd swallowed a sheep. Not surprised that he carved up.

Coastal

Juniors
Katoa can play. Was an easy scapegoat who took the bullet for our hugely underperforming halves. Should be our no.14 in 2020.
Agree totally.
In the Samoa v Fiji game, if Luai is destined to be 6 for Penrith in 2020, I hope that they don't let him kick in general play, he had three kicks, 2 bombs from 30-40 out that both landed and were taken safely in the in goal, not a chaser within cooee, then the next a grubber from 10 metres out that he would have done better bouncing it off his nose, they were all rubbish.
And yes BxTom..oh the game plan, Penrith to hopefully find one on game day and explain it to the coach at full time.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Agree totally.
In the Samoa v Fiji game, if Luai is destined to be 6 for Penrith in 2020, I hope that they don't let him kick in general play, he had three kicks, 2 bombs from 30-40 out that both landed and were taken safely in the in goal, not a chaser within cooee, then the next a grubber from 10 metres out that he would have done better bouncing it off his nose, they were all rubbish.
And yes BxTom..oh the game plan, Penrith to hopefully find one on game day and explain it to the coach at full time.

Luai is usually a very good kicker of the footy.
No reason to worry.

Luai is usually a very good kicker of the footy.
No reason to worry.

Good short kicking game from what I’ve seen, but it does appear he’s struggled with other kicks.

I think there’s ways around this anyway. 5 teams last year basically only had 1 kicker in their team, you can also have Api do some kicking and possibly someone else in the team.

Or Luai could improve his long range kicking game.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Tongan coaching staff is Kristan Woolf. Fairleigh and Hook. I highly doubt there was a good plan was just attitude

mxlegend99

Referee
The Tongan coaching staff is Kristan Woolf. Fairleigh and Hook. I highly doubt there was a good plan was just attitude
Tonga wanted to win. Everyone put in. They didnt win through fancy attack or doing anything special. They fired up, showed pride in their jersey and fought to thedeath.

Being the underdogs I think any coach could have fired them up for it. The real tragedy ishow little Australia seemed to care. Guys like Mitchell, Munster, DCE etc. Treated the game as if it was a joke IMO. No passion for the jersey.

That said you could easily argue we were outcoached since I dont think Meninga does any coaching. Just relies on his superior roster and class toget it done.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tonga wanted to win. Everyone put in. They didnt win through fancy attack or doing anything special. They fired up, showed pride in their jersey and fought to thedeath.

Being the underdogs I think any coach could have fired them up for it. The real tragedy ishow little Australia seemed to care. Guys like Mitchell, Munster, DCE etc. Treated the game as if it was a joke IMO. No passion for the jersey.

That said you could easily argue we were outcoached since I dont think Meninga does any coaching. Just relies on his superior roster and class toget it done.

exactly was easy for them to get up...Harder for the weaker guys in that squad to do it over a season. You seen all the assistant coaches? Mal is just a figurehead

Status
Not open for further replies.