What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Wittenberg

Juniors

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Reports are that Matterson has gone to Parramatta his junior club. Hopefully Luc stays put as we will be without Graham in 2021and De Belin in 2020 onwards. The Club needs to build up depth in both in the forwards and more pressingly in the backs where we have zilch defence and a pop gun attack.

BLM01

First Grade
Reports are that Matterson has gone to Parramatta his junior club. Hopefully Luc stays put as we will be without Graham in 2021and De Belin in 2020 onwards. The Club needs to build up depth in both in the forwards and more pressingly in the backs where we have zilch defence and a pop gun attack.
Why will we be without JDB in 2020 and onwards?...2020 I can see but...what if he is found innocent?...is the club going to flick him anyway?

Old Timer

Coach
Why will we be without JDB in 2020 and onwards?...2020 I can see but...what if he is found innocent?...is the club going to flick him anyway?
Regardless of the result of the case IMO there will be some horrid details that will come out during the trial and that will be potentially career ending
The DPP wouldn’t be so determined if they didn’t have some graphic detail
The club is far better cutting its losses and moving on

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If he is found innocent I would say he would be a man on a mission and I see no reason why he would be let go. The club has stuck by him pretty well and id say he'd be pretty keen to repay that loyalty. He is also a player that has been very loyal to us, no shopping himself around rubbish and constantly and openly admits Dragons is the only place he wants to be which is rare these days. I hope he is cleared and has a ripping season for us.

Old Timer

Coach
If he is found innocent I would say he would be a man on a mission and I see no reason why he would be let go. The club has stuck by him pretty well and id say he'd be pretty keen to repay that loyalty. He is also a player that has been very loyal to us, no shopping himself around rubbish and constantly and openly admits Dragons is the only place he wants to be which is rare these days. I hope he is cleared and has a ripping season for us.
Far too much baggage and detrimental to the WAGS and female supporter group.
There will never be a clear resolution that he didn't do something even if found innocent which doesn't mean "not guilty".
Never considered JDB to be very bright or mature and the fact that he was out with a teenager on the piss and chasing skirt proves that in spades.
Anyway all will be revealed shortly enough but the stain will always be on him and I for one don't want it on our jersey.

TruSaint

Referee
There will never be a clear resolution that he didn't do something even if found innocent which doesn't mean "not guilty".
Never considered JDB to be very bright or mature and the fact that he was out with a teenager on the piss and chasing skirt proves that in spades.
Anyway all will be revealed shortly enough but the stain will always be on him and I for one don't want it on our jersey.

I think you mean, if found "not guilty ", doesnt make him innocent.
Overall I agree with your sentiment.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m sure the full story will come out sooner or later. Only then will I judge. The amount of charges against him means to me at least that to play again he has to beat all charges. If he manages to do so then there is a good chance this is a Brett Stewart type situation again. Unfortunately I doubt the case will be decided before the season. Seems a bit complex.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I’m sure the full story will come out sooner or later. Only then will I judge. The amount of charges against him means to me at least that to play again he has to beat all charges. If he manages to do so then there is a good chance this is a Brett Stewart type situation again. Unfortunately I doubt the case will be decided before the season. Seems a bit complex.
Seems to me JDB has claimed his innocence on this matter and fought like a caged lion to get the NRL off his back, I'm rooting for the boy. Innocent until proven guilty... Go the big REDV

Gomarchin

Juniors
Which means McWreckor has a ready made excuse (sorry, reason) for 2020 being another failure. Of course they will be planning on DeBelin getting off the charges and playing from round 1. I bet no one has even considered the possibility that a) he doesn't get off and b) the case drags on for a few months. So looks like 2020 will be repeat of 2019 but we'll be pushing for the spoon IMO.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Which means McWreckor has a ready made excuse (sorry, reason) for 2020 being another failure. Of course they will be planning on DeBelin getting off the charges and playing from round 1. I bet no one has even considered the possibility that a) he doesn't get off and b) the case drags on for a few months. So looks like 2020 will be repeat of 2019 but we'll be pushing for the spoon IMO.
Spot on.

Latest posts