What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

franklin2323

Immortal
You miss the point. You’re making dire predictions that halves must be able to kick, but the facts don’t back you up. Several teams operate with one kicker, we’ve won plenty of games with one kicker.

You can go into each game and come up with excuses for why your theory still holds weight, but if your theory truly did hold weight I wouldn’t be able to give you all the examples I have.

You just played yourself with your Tyrone Peachey example too. That literally proves my point. The secret can’t be James Maloney, because other teams win plenty of games with only one kicker.

Also, we’re not making the grand final anytime soon. There’s nothing to say Luai can’t improve his kicking before we’re competitive enough to do so.

But the idea teams aren’t making the grand final because they only have one kicker is ridiculous. There’s heaps of factors in teams making the grand final, you can’t boil it down to such simplicity.

You’re totally overthinking this kicking thing.

You listed several but I can't think of any that went well. It is just too easy on tackle 4 to pressure the teams kicker. Have them playing it on the last you likely end up with a poor last tackle play.

Depends. I see winning 2 from our 1st 5 rounds as a good achievement... That alone could delay major changes

There’s no rush to make major changes, we aren’t a top flight team.

If the coaching staff are being realistic, next year will be about combinations, building experience etc.

You listed several but I can't think of any that went well. It is just too easy on tackle 4 to pressure the teams kicker. Have them playing it on the last you likely end up with a poor last tackle play.

So Souths coming 3rd isn’t going well?

Manly had a great season, defied expectations to come 6th. Not going well?

Come on.

MugaB

Coach
Luai getting a shot at halfback for samoa, in one game hardly counts as a bad game considering they were up against Fiji Bati being the monsters that they are, what he did in the nines and mid year international game was enough for me to say he is worthy of 1st shot at club 5/8th, or halfback if nathan goes to 5/8th
That mid year test he brained it from hooker,
And the nines was a different game but his combination with To'o and leota was a very good reason they made it to the semis, they were lacking another good half, had Milford played yesterday, the score might not have been a blow out as it was, also Asako going to the Kiwis probably didnt do them no favours either

franklin2323

Immortal
So Souths coming 3rd isn’t going well?

Manly had a great season, defied expectations to come 6th. Not going well?

Come on.

What is different between what Manly did and us under Hook? We should be aiming to be getting better if not then why paying for 2 coaches? Could of just kept hook to get us to the 2nd week of the finals.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai getting a shot at halfback for samoa, in one game hardly counts as a bad game considering they were up against Fiji Bati being the monsters that they are, what he did in the nines and mid year international game was enough for me to say he is worthy of 1st shot at club 5/8th, or halfback if nathan goes to 5/8th
That mid year test he brained it from hooker,
And the nines was a different game but his combination with To'o and leota was a very good reason they made it to the semis, they were lacking another good half, had Milford played yesterday, the score might not have been a blow out as it was, also Asako going to the Kiwis probably didnt do them no favours either

The mid season game he was hooker. It was the 3 NSW Cup games too when he struggled similarly too

maple_69

Bench
Looking at our initial squad for 2020, we only have 6 guys signed past 2021 (Cleary, Leota, Burns, JFH, Kikau & Api). We should certainly have scope to burn the squad to the ground if we have a rough year.

betcats

Referee
Re Tyrone May, when did he last play a competitive game of footy? He got injured in 2018 sometime..He might miss two years worth of footy or more even if is found not guilty.

When is his court case? Any news on that? He is still very much around the players and club(based on social media) id imagine if he gets found guilty and put in jail during the season next year it will be quite disruptive and distracting to our playing group. I really wish we just bit the bullet with Tyrone May and sacked him last year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Re Tyrone May, when did he last play a competitive game of footy? He got injured in 2018 sometime..He might miss two years worth of footy or more even if is found not guilty.

When is his court case? Any news on that? He is still very much around the players and club(based on social media) id imagine if he gets found guilty and put in jail during the season next year it will be quite disruptive and distracting to our playing group. I really wish we just bit the bullet with Tyrone May and sacked him last year.

It's a difficult one, isn't it ? Perhaps the club are confident that 'things' may not be as cut and dried as the media have portrayed it ?

The wheels of the justice system are ridiculously slow, but I’d expect it to be finalised by round 1

betcats

Referee
It's a difficult one, isn't it ? Perhaps the club are confident that 'things' may not be as cut and dried as the media have portrayed it ?

I really hope so. I probably sound harsh wishing him sacked, I know what he did all of his mates were doing too but that excuse never worked for me! I do feel for him despite that but at this stage anything that might disrupt our season needs to go IMO.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I really hope so. I probably sound harsh wishing him sacked, I know what he did all of his mates were doing too but that excuse never worked for me! I do feel for him despite that but at this stage anything that might disrupt our season needs to go IMO.

I totally agree. Something in me died this year when that came to light. There is NO excuse for videos being taken whilst having sex and then sharing the said videos around like cake at morning tea.

Personally I was horrified at such behaviour. The ladies involved are someone's sisters, daughters etc etc.

I'd like this sorted sooner rather than later too.

No talk of Matt Burton being left out of the top 30???

Would’ve thought people would be shocked, I kinda am. Dean Blore appears to have been given the reserve half spot. You can lock in Luai as our 5/8 too.

I totally agree. Something in me died this year when that came to light. There is NO excuse for videos being taken whilst having sex and then sharing the said videos around like cake at morning tea.

Personally I was horrified at such behaviour. The ladies involved are someone's sisters, daughters etc etc.

I'd like this sorted sooner rather than later too.

If it was consensual I don’t see a problem, if it wasn’t then it’s a serious matter. Not my place to judge other people’s consensual activities.

OldPanther

Coach

Would’ve thought people would be shocked, I kinda am. Dean Blore appears to have been given the reserve half spot. You can lock in Luai as our 5/8 too.

I just replied to the other thread. He was the big one I was expecting. Without him we are going all in on Luai.

mxlegend99

Referee

We still have 3 spots left.

We can give one to Burton if our recruitment fails to sign anyone. If not he goes on a development contract and can play mid-season anyway.

That's by far the weakest roster we have had since we rebuilt back when Ivan first arrived. Assuming we have 2x signings to announce based on 27/29 being named. Chances are like other clubs we sit on that 30th position until we have to fill it.