What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

joe lovodua ..........

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If he hasn’t learnt yet now he never will. Yesterday’s man....he needs to go and he has needed to go for quite a while.
In a way I agree with you but he actually hasn't been dropped yet and I would love to see how he actually goes with a different coach, especially if Flanno ends up being our reserve grade coach.

possm

Coach
In a way I agree with you but he actually hasn't been dropped yet and I would love to see how he actually goes with a different coach, especially if Flanno ends up being our reserve grade coach.
I believe it has already been reported that D Young will be the reserve grade coach and Flanagan will be the defensive coach and everything else by the looks of it.

Mary will be …………. ???

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I believe it has already been reported that D Young will be the reserve grade coach and Flanagan will be the defensive coach and everything else by the looks of it.

Mary will be …………. ???
It has not been reported that DY is the reggies coach..it has been reported he has been spared the axe.

BLM01

First Grade
Still helps us win a title and for that will always the legend on the field to me. But not sure you'll ever make it as a coach
LOL...you are correct I only made it so far as equal to a park footy 1st grade coach and that was enough for me dealing with Gen Y. I saw the light back in 2009 where voluntary committee is now enough for me dealing with Gen Y.
Back to Dean...I feel his personality is similar to Mary's and like Hornby should do his apprenticeship elsewhere if he wants to be coach but i believe his job going forward is more mixed and includes team welfare etc and that CC coach belongs to someone else?...well i hope that is the case anyway.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Back to Dean...I feel his personality is similar to Mary's and like Hornby should do his apprenticeship elsewhere if he wants to be coach but i believe his job going forward is more mixed and includes team welfare etc and that CC coach belongs to someone else?...well i hope that is the case anyway.

Well said let hope it works out that way

possm

Coach
Still helps us win a title and for that will always the legend on the field to me. But not sure you'll ever make it as a coach
There is a long list of ex Dragons that I love and still admire as contributors of many hours of quality entertainment for me. This includes Mary, Craig and Dean Young, Brian Johnston and many others.

This said, these players were marked on their ability to PLAY quality rugby league. To extend that love to another career in management or coaching is another matter. I tend to judge on their ability in a new role and how their contribution improves the Club and is keyed to the best interest of the Club.

I'm afraid that although I loved the above mentioned people as players, I detest them for the poor quality of work they are doing in their current roles.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
There is a long list of ex Dragons that I love and still admire as contributors of many hours of quality entertainment for me. This includes Mary, Craig and Dean Young, Brian Johnston and many others.

This said, these players were marked on their ability to PLAY quality rugby league. To extend that love to another career in management or coaching is another matter. I tend to judge on their ability in a new role and how their contribution improves the Club and is keyed to the best interest of the Club.

I'm afraid that although I loved the above mentioned people as players, I detest them for the poor quality of work they are doing in their current roles.

Yes- if anything, there tends to be a weak correlation between playing ability and coaching ability. The best and most successful coaches of the last 40 years or so were mainly average (at best) players- I'm referring to Jack Gibson, Warren Ryan, Bennett and Bellamy.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yes- if anything, there tends to be a weak correlation between playing ability and coaching ability. The best and most successful coaches of the last 40 years or so were mainly average (at best) players- I'm referring to Jack Gibson, Warren Ryan, Bennett and Bellamy.
Bennett did make a kangaroo tour

The calm one

Juniors

Mary will be …………. ???
Mary will be top dog. No coach is coming here

NRLMad

Juniors
I didn't waste my time watching but I'm guessing it was another one sided joke exhibition game from a couple of international teams that any NRL team would flog on a bad day?
Wasted weekend of footy, rugby league is only and should only be a club game.
You are quite the moron. The only way the game can grow is -

1. by expansion - Perth, bris2, nz2
2. Via international competition - tonga beating Australia? Yeh right would any team in the nrl beat them.