What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Thought Terminator was a decent action flick. The story is nothing inspiring but really enjoyed the fighting scenes (especially the one at the start). I really like Grace’s character but thought Dani was a bit “forced”. I’d say it’s worth watching but don’t expect a masterpiece.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Terminator Woke Fate, I hated this movie from the first two minutes. I got Alien 3 flashbacks right away. The action scenes were pretty good but honestly I had switched off after the start. Talk about taking a dump on on T-2. I have to admit Armie was hilarious in an ironic sort of way. Time to die Terminator franchise.

Joker .... didn’t really think it was that good story wise ...
Great acting and visuals but no where near as good as Ledgers version ... this one seemed like a bitch to be honest

Smack

Coach
Joker. Will probably be my movie of the year and Phoenix deserves an Oscar for it. And no, its not about Incel culture.

it shocked me a bit, but I guess he got what he deserved

hqdefault.jpg

mongoose

Coach
Filth - Great movie from a few years back. James Mcavoy plays a completely vile degenerate Scottish police detective who will do anything to get a promotion. Really funny.

Trading Places

Still a pretty tight, funny film after all these years. Jamie Lee Curtis...purr. Eddie Murphy is ace.

Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi

Always a fun time. Note - the blu ray version has banged in Hayden Woodenson in to the Jedi ghosts at the end. Total WTF?!?! Even my kids picked it apart, noting Obi Wan died old, ghost is old...so why did they shit can Sebastian Shaw?

Commando

Ha! Still block rocking beat downs and glib one liners. Love it. Some good violent revenge kills too. So many plot holes but classic Schwarzenegger.

Better Off Dead

This was classic when I was a kid. Typical 80's teen movie now. "Humourous" look at forlorn teen and suicide. Full of holes, barely any character development but John Cusack is always worth a couple of extra points. I want my two dollars... LOL! Would be an angst ridden pap now.

Men In Black III

Surprisingly good. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith still make a tight pairing. Good time travel story. Josh Brolin nails it. A real bittersweet emotional punch ending too. A thousand times better than the eye cancer that was MIB International this year.

Generalzod

Immortal
Trading Places

Still a pretty tight, funny film after all these years. Jamie Lee Curtis...purr. Eddie Murphy is ace.

Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi

Always a fun time. Note - the blu ray version has banged in Hayden Woodenson in to the Jedi ghosts at the end. Total WTF?!?! Even my kids picked it apart, noting Obi Wan died old, ghost is old...so why did they shit can Sebastian Shaw?

Commando

Ha! Still block rocking beat downs and glib one liners. Love it. Some good violent revenge kills too. So many plot holes but classic Schwarzenegger.

Better Off Dead

This was classic when I was a kid. Typical 80's teen movie now. "Humourous" look at forlorn teen and suicide. Full of holes, barely any character development but John Cusack is always worth a couple of extra points. I want my two dollars... LOL! Would be an angst ridden pap now.

Men In Black III

Surprisingly good. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith still make a tight pairing. Good time travel story. Josh Brolin nails it. A real bittersweet emotional punch ending too. A thousand times better than the eye cancer that was MIB International this year.

Commando
"Don't disturb my friend his dead tired"

axl rose

Bench
Terminator Woke Fate, I hated this movie from the first two minutes. I got Alien 3 flashbacks right away.

It's bombing pretty bad, 100m loss. Almost as if the franchise died long ago and Arnie and Linda Hamilton are not a box office draw anymore. Probably didn't help that director Tim Miller came out and said anyone that doesn't like the movie is a misogynist. Actually amongst the awful plot and terrible CGI Mackenzie Davis was great.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I just watched it. Ridiculous trash, enjoyable in parts especially first half - although very close to T2 in action sequences and story line. I blame all these superhero movies for upping the ante on introducing ridiculous action sequences and and physics. At least in t2 there was an air of believability.

I've now just read its only the first of a trilogy. I'm not sure how they will keep momentum/interest after that one. But maybe it will adress the big plot holes

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
My son is 18 years old he loves Terminator 2, Last night he went to see Terminator Dark Fate, I asked him what he thought about it, dad he said it was shit. Everything looked fake in this movie T2 looks better and that's 30 years old.

myrrh ken

First Grade
My son is 18 years old he loves Terminator 2, Last night he went to see Terminator Dark Fate, I asked him what he thought about it, dad he said it was shit. Everything looked fake in this movie T2 looks better and that's 30 years old.

The opening scene looked like claymation. how could they have been happy with that?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Note - the blu ray version has banged in Hayden Woodenson in to the Jedi ghosts at the end. Total WTF?!?! Even my kids picked it apart, noting Obi Wan died old, ghost is old...so why did they shit can Sebastian Shaw?
I wonder if Obi-Wan is getting the same treatment in Rise of Skywalker. Ewan McGregor has confirmed that he's playing Obi in a series set between Eps III and IV but wouldn't be surprised if they used him as a force ghost in the new movie.

I wonder if Obi-Wan is getting the same treatment in Rise of Skywalker. Ewan McGregor has confirmed that he's playing Obi in a series set between Eps III and IV but wouldn't be surprised if they used him as a force ghost in the new movie.

Wasn't there a rumour both McGregor and Neeson were seen with JJ?

bileduct

Coach
I just watched it. Ridiculous trash, enjoyable in parts especially first half - although very close to T2 in action sequences and story line. I blame all these superhero movies for upping the ante on introducing ridiculous action sequences and and physics. At least in t2 there was an air of believability.

I've now just read its only the first of a trilogy. I'm not sure how they will keep momentum/interest after that one. But maybe it will adress the big plot holes
Surely this film killed off the Terminator franchise.

How many bad sequels can there be?