What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien

Like what happened at Newy, not sure of your point.

If media and this forum is correct he went to newy for personal family reasons not for love of that club. Club and coach problems made him want back to where he had success . Surprised if he doesnt come back with a vengeance and big point to prove. In 2019Sharks there were players unhappy with assigned positions and coaches authority questioned Unlike newcastle we now have good replacements in backline for anyone not happy with their position or assignment . Should be easier now for coach to say" my way or the Highway " from the start..

Thats my point.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
If he will be on the right, I hope we actually use him with early footy. Not Johnson side crab to inside ball.

chewsta

First Grade
To be honest I think I'd prefer Ronaldo over Xerri. Ronaldo just wants to smash merkins and be the best player on the field every time he takes it.
Xerri is a very good player but he doesnt want to do the dirty work.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
We’ve got four centres to go into two spots now. Someone will either have to play wing or miss out completely and I personally think it will be Ronaldo. No way that Xerri, Dugan, Morris or Ramien miss out.

Just on Josh Morris, hopefully he can mentor Jesse to take his game to the next level. 2019 was a stinker for him and he can’t afford to have another bad season like because he knows that there’s literally 2 other blokes that will take his spot.

Quicksilver

Bench
To be honest I think I'd prefer Ronaldo over Xerri. Ronaldo just wants to smash merkins and be the best player on the field every time he takes it.

I don’t know.

I reckon Xcherry was made to do too much dirty work. Taking hit ups out of our own 10 when there were harder heads available.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think xerri will be much better next year. A bit tougher. Got to remember the kid only turned 19 on the 10th September. He played every game this year except the semi as an 18 year old.

Backline 2020.
1. Duges or Moylan I suppose
2. Ronald
3. Xerri
4. Ramien
5. Morris
Agree with this backline... gotta remember Wadeo only played a handful of games with him also. Will be a massive improver next year with Wade as his minder and creating room and opportunities for him.

txta2

Bench
I don't understand how they can take pay cuts. Considering recent history with the cap Im hoping the club is doing the right thing.

Chimp

Juniors
If it's a shoot out between Xerri and Ronaldo, I'd be picking Ronaldo everytime.
I just can't see us having all 3 of Moylan, Dugan and Morris at our club come round 1, there must be some deals in the pipeline - Hopefully Moylan OUT.

Inferno

Coach
I don't understand how they can take pay cuts. Considering recent history with the cap Im hoping the club is doing the right thing.

It is a curious one, Melbourne weren't allowed to do that.

Their cheating was on a different scale though.

Perhaps it's allowed if incorporated into a new deal

eg, Fifita on 750k a year for another 2 years becomes 600k a year for 3 years.

Could be smart business by both the player and the club really.

That type of intelligent forward thinking is usually beyond us though.

Xerri is an obvious great player in the making . Like a couple other greats early in their careers hes not the finished product . ETs positional play, lines and defense improved immensely over a few years and same for Steve Renouf. I think Renouf was even dropped once after scoring two tries and making no glaring errors.. He was never a certain pick in his first couple years even though was obviously a future star.

At this stage surely Ronaldo and Ramian are in front of xerri,and surely its a good message for the coach to be sending to players that they get picked on current form of all round game and benefit to team, not flashes of individual brilliance or potential..

Latest posts