What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ata hingano released?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
You're way ahead of me though, Zero, as I was thinking 2013 and Maloney! No way Sticky coached that side.
Maloneys one of those halves that just turned up with a well developed league brain and the ability to execute. He's gone to another level now since he left us. I don't think he really needs a good coach and I'm not sure thats entirely what Ata needs either.

The one thing a player could ever want from a coach is a chance. Stuart has dropped Blake Austin this week for Ata which to me is a huge vote of confidence. Some might say Stuart is a crap halves coach and that might be the case but so far he rates Ata just like we do.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So much for his Raiders debut, one good dummy half run then gets his head between a Greg Eastwood and the pie cart.... goodnight Ata.

Iafeta

Referee
He was dreadful in defence prior to that too. Jersey grabbing all over the place. Looked completely disinterested

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Some might say Stuart is a crap halves coach and that might be the case but so far he rates Ata just like we do.

He is a crap halves coach. And I dunno if he rates Ata, or just that he hasn't made it work with Austin at all and went to his only other option.

If Ata looked disinterested in his first hitout, and I have no reason to disbelieve Iafeta, that's pretty woeful.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He is a crap halves coach. And I dunno if he rates Ata, or just that he hasn't made it work with Austin at all and went to his only other option.

If Ata looked disinterested in his first hitout, and I have no reason to disbelieve Iafeta, that's pretty woeful.
I'm through with Ata to be honest. He started out promising but after watching him with the Raiders, Tonga and us - I reckon he's bog average.

I kinda feel like I keep making excuses for his inability to live up to this GREAT wrap he's been given. First it was Cappy...then Kearney...and now it's Stuart fault he's not playing well. His new coach of 2 months!

I wish him all the best because he's an ex-Warrior but he's the Raiders problem now.

Last edited:

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
CHT is already streets ahead of him. I actually don’t think halves are our biggest issue.

Yeah I agree, although after Green goes, I don't quite know how we're going to work the halves, do we have CHT and Nikorima? That doesn't seem great moving forward, unless one of them learn how to take the reigns.

I like Nikorima, but looking back he may not have been a great buy for us. If we didn't have him right now, we could be pushing for someone like Sezer or Dylan Brown, even Brody Croft.

JJ

Immortal
CHT is already streets ahead of him. I actually don’t think halves are our biggest issue.
Agree, but they are an issue, and the list is long... aside from fullback and possibly the wings although one of them was an issue last year, and obviously using them solely as battering rams doesn't seem very forward thinking

Rich102

Staff member
I am surprised by how slow Kodi appears to be.
We are going to miss Green's nouse.

JJ

Immortal
We still have Keighran remember. Might be the most likely to slip into Green’s role.
yeah, but I kind of have the feeling that Keighran has been put in the convenient scapegoat basket by the potato... so won't get an extended run

Latest posts