What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Tiger5150

Bench
Either that or it puts the Dragons and Tigers in the 'dumb as f**k' category.

Which should be any club's response to a player or agent that says, "but but Ben Hunt got a million!"

"Yeah well, this ain't the Dragons and I'm not Mary".

Hard to argue with but I think its more widespread than that and is symptomatic of the "struggling" clubs paying overs to attract talent int he hope of "turning it all around:"

Dragons - Hunt
Tigers - Reynolds, Mbye (inherited from bulldogs thanks to Cleary/Taylor)
Bulldogs - Foran
Titans - Ash Taylor,
Broncos - Milford, Bird (ok not a struggling club but paying overs)
Knights - Pearce
Parra - Moses

In this company and to go to any of those clubs, Latrell is $1M, but the end of the day you are paying $1M for a centre and I cant see that ending well. At those clubs on that money you need him to play fullback and I'm not sure he has the ticker or motor.

Lambretta

First Grade
Somehow think if he goes there he'll turn into one of the other Matautia brothers and fade away.

Especially with a new coach.

He surely has enough talent not to do that. Surely?

Adam O'Brien has gone to Newcastle from the Roosters and hasn't Craig Fitzgibbon gone there too? Could be a gamble for all parties really.

If Latrell goes to Souths he has Wayne Bennett. I seem to remember him having a success or two over the years. Plus Latrells family are Souths fans and the Aboriginal community connections could inspire him.

The Dogs with Dean Paye is a gamble , but Dean is no mug and might be able to handle him.

Ikuvalu fan

Juniors
Coaches always have conversations with the League. The conversation didn't need to make that public and pour more scorn on the referees

They have a hard enough job as it is and I thought the standard across 2019 was very high.

As for Robson. Whenever the Roosters are beaten and journos bring up refereeing decisions in press conferences, his usual reply is to say "winning and losing games is down to the players . if mistakes are made its up to you to overcome them"

If that's bitch whinging then please don't watch Channel 9, your brain will explode
Don't engage mate. They look to blame everyone else but themselves for the game (fans that is, not the players or coaching staff) and when that fails, they attack the personality of someone just because they manage to outplay/coach them!

jiorl

Juniors

Adam O'Brien has gone to Newcastle from the Roosters and hasn't Craig Fitzgibbon gone there too? Could be a gamble for all parties really.

If Latrell goes to Souths he has Wayne Bennett. I seem to remember him having a success or two over the years. Plus Latrells family are Souths fans and the Aboriginal community connections could inspire him.

The Dogs with Dean Paye is a gamble , but Dean is no mug and might be able to handle him.
Fitzgibbon is still with us

Mr Spock!

Referee

Knights have rookie first grade coach and matautia bros came on as stars.

It really depends on who wants to pay a million for a guy who goes missing in tough games.

Tiger5150

Bench
If its true that the Roosters offered him $800K, then that is exactly what he is worth, but of course he will get more at a struggling club.

The unknown

Juniors
Well according to Voldemort aka James Hooper, my club is now in the hot seat to sign Latrell, of course with no actual inside info just guess work. He must be sauced

Latest posts