What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So Latrell is free for 2020.. I am torn on it.

Me too. I have some loose connections to Taree. This bloke is very talented. But and this is a big but. He is a loose as, makes moyza look like a choir boy. On the drink he causes trouble and causes it often. I understand his family don't help the situation either. Mitchell's brother ended up 'carrying the can' for behaviour during this season at Old Bar bowlo. According to those who where there they were pretty feral.

My issue are Penrith strong enough (without Gus) culture wise to keep him on a short leash. I think not. If he came to Penrith it could end up like Diane Laurie, Idris and jimmy the jet rolled into one.

Would it be an accident waiting to happen ?

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Considering both the Dogs and Roosters have pulled back from him something is obviously going on. Maybe his management asking for too much.

Are we as a club going to be silly enough to think 'all that glitters is gold' ? Will the club be smart with this, or will they see talent only.

and by heck he is very talented on his day. To me it's HUGE risk.

Flashstep

Juniors
Seems to me he is after to much money, heard he turned down 800k from the Roosters which is pretty much as high as clubs should go in my opinion.

A good player on his day sure but has clear consistency issues and possibly some attitude ones, don’t think he’d do to well outside of the Roosters system either to be honest, if he came to Penrith for example we’d just waste him I reckon.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
If a professional club like the Chooks can't keep his ego in check I hold little hope for other clubs.
Seems to me he is after a big pay day.
That is not the correct line of thought he should be in. At his age and talent he should be asking himself who will get the best out of my talent right now, and will I be happy there.
That is not us the Dogs or Tigers right now.

OldPanther

Coach
Reports this morning the tigers are possibly going to offer Latrell big money(report says 3.3m for 3y).

Funny that they are making up the number. No doubt tigers will make an offer but don't write a figure if you don't know. Hate journos.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...sPv_pVAYMyXt5QzO5iLt-GS8h_KQWGL1gZusHuRuV7G58

"With money available for 2020, the Tigers could make Mitchell a $3.3 million plus offer over three seasons."

Are we as a club going to be silly enough to think 'all that glitters is gold' ? Will the club be smart with this, or will they see talent only.

and by heck he is very talented on his day. To me it's HUGE risk.

Won't happen. The club has had a clear shift in recruitment policy which seems to be against high money deals that Mitchell seems to want.

And a wife basher to go with it... they are hopeless

Don't think they care at this point. Everyone is struggling to keep up with the big 2 clubs and everyone will become more desperate as time goes by. Tigers for example haven't played finals since 2011. They don't have the luxury of caring anymore.

kinghippo

Juniors
I can see how much of a risk it is but latrell is such a rare talent.
Give him the $$$ and strap ourselves in for the roller coaster.
Our team is so boring at the moment we need some spark. Put him next to kikau and let them cause havic

betcats

Referee
I can see how much of a risk it is but latrell is such a rare talent.
Give him the $$$ and strap ourselves in for the roller coaster.
Our team is so boring at the moment we need some spark. Put him next to kikau and let them cause havic

He is a rare talent but he is lazy and has attitude problems and hes looking for more than 800k to play centre, lacking spark or being boring isn't a good reason to give out bad contracts imo. Lets not be desperate and look for a quick or easy fix, be disciplined and look for value and build a good, winning culture. Discipline starts in the front office, throwing money at Latrell when we know he is probably not worth it just isn't good management, its the type of management that brought us the Elliot years IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.