What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Mr Spock!

Referee
What news article is that from?
It’s saying nospam21.com
So obviously not a reputable site.
Any from Fox, Nine, SMH, NRL.com etc?

My son play junior league and have come across Gagai a few times. He came here for GI and the money we offered him was less than the Knights but we could offer him TPA with Indigenous programs we have that the Knights couldn’t.
So your source is my son saw him a few times....

Bennett was quick to offer him the door... No way was Gagai worth 700k.

Spot On

Coach
So someone's 9 yr old son asked Gags how much his contract is worth and that cancels out all reported figures ???

Where is Sarasassypants??? She knows all re Gags.

Spot On

Coach
Can you please find me a news article saying Gagai is on 750k?
You don’t even support Souths but you constantly on here reporting Gagai is on 750k.

My 9 yr old son met a bloke who knows a guy whose sister knows a bloke who lives in Sydney who has a nephew that plays for Cronulla jnrs that just happens to have an uncle who works for Souths and he watched them train and asked an assistant how much Gags is on.

Reply =Too much.

Last edited:

Rabbit57

Juniors
It looks like Latrell is on the market for 2020 but is he a risk?

All for players looking after them self and their family but will they look after their team mates and supporters. Could be great or could be a major headache

I will watch with interest on where this one lands.

upload_2019-11-6_7-51-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-6_7-51-19.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-6_7-51-19.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 2

handyman2190

Bench
It looks like Latrell is on the market for 2020 but is he a risk?

All for players looking after them self and their family but will they look after their team mates and supporters. Could be great or could be a major headache

I will watch with interest on where this one lands.

View attachment 33994
Id say we are now in the box seat hopefully, we can offer him 800k plus some 3rds to say 900k and maybe get him at this stage i would say its a priority,he can only get better,maybe GI can whisper sweet things in his ear

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I don't really care how much who is on, because they have to do all the work while I sit back and watch. :joy:. But I reckon Dane would be on at least $700K and Latrell will get between $800K to $1.2M. Who ever don't offer that, won't be in the race to get him. If Latrell was looking for an easy way out of the Roosters to join the club he and his family loved, then God has given him the ticket to leave. If I was him, I wouldn't play other teams in the move to Redfern because they will remember it and can cause plenty of unrest. Just do what you have to do and do sooner rather than later. I always believed Latrell is a $1,000,000. I'd offer him that.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
The Roosters would never ever release him to us. Not in a million years. Uncle Nick would pay him to sit on the sidelines for 12 months before he'd allow him out of a contract to join Souths.
Maybe you are right. But in the end, that's a lot of money they would have to pay out for someone who isn't playing. I personally think they will release him if his money is returned And, he's upset the chairman Nick Soandso. In fact, I'm hearing he's been told to leave. And I hope they say the same thing to Jared as well. Hahaha. Oh they are a funny bunch over there. I can imagine the old goat. ILL SACK THE LOT OF 'EM. IM ME. I CAN. YOU TRENT, GET AND TELL EM IM ME AND I WILL. Hahahaha :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile::innocent:

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
It's reported the Easts deal for Mitchell that was pulled was worth $800k a season.
It's also reported Wests are offering 3 years at $1.1m a season.

I'm guessing I'm in a minority here but i don't believe he is worth the club throwing $800k+ at. I have my doubts that he'll deliver consistently enough to justify the price tag.
Unproven at 1 and 6 and inconsistent at centre.
The risk is too high to pay that kind of money for a player who is just as likely to be playing bush footy in 5 years as he is being an international imo.

There's a reason why Easts have re-signed Joey Manu already and pulled their offer for Latrell. Because he wasn't even the best centre at his club.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
It's reported the Easts deal for Mitchell that was pulled was worth $800k a season.

I'm guessing I'm in a minority here but i don't believe he is worth the club throwing $800k+ at. I have my doubts that he'll deliver consistently enough to justify the price tag.
The risk is too high to pay that kind of money for a player who is just as likely to be playing bush footy in 5 years as he is being an international imo.

There's a reason why Easts have re-signed Joey Manu already and pulled their offer for Latrell. Because he wasn't even the best centre at his club.
Fair enough. I think they pulled the deal because he was talking to other clubs long before he was supposed to. Then he went in after the news was leaked and told them he wanted out. Wests can offer 2.1 if they want. So can the Dogs. But he wants to play for Souths the club he and his family are fans of. Would I pay one million for Latrell Mitchell? My Bloody Oath I Would. We can all see what he has in his game. Playing under Wayne Bennett for the club he loves is a big recipe for success. And I can see Gagai, Johnston, Walker all lifting their games another gear with Latrell there.

Last edited:

Peter Quinn

Juniors

Another reason is Joey was much cheaper to keep. I'm tipping next year they will start looking at moving him on too.

handyman2190

Bench
Fair enough. I think they pulled the deal because he was talking to other clubs long before he was supposed to. Then he went in after the news was leaked and told them he wanted out. Wests can offer 2.1 if they want. So can the Dogs. But he wants to play for Souths the club he and his family are fans are. Would I pay one million for Latrell Mitchell? My Bloody Oath I Would. We can all see what he has in his game. Playing under Wayne Bennett for the club he loves is a big recipe for success. And I can see Gagai, Johnston, Walker all lifting their games another gear with Latrell there.
Id take him in a heartbeat,inconsistent he may be but he is a winner and a gamechanger, tell me who is better on the market? And who better to replace GI, come on boys talent costs suck it up

Peter Quinn

Juniors
In regards to Latrell, Richo has apparently told reporters we are not interested in signing Latrell. Of course, we said the same thing about Roberts and look what happened. Who knows if it's true of not?

Also,

Sam Burgess denies intimidating father-in-law as AVO upheld: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sa...her-in-law-as-avo-upheld-20191106-p537ua.html
That story of Richo was about six months ago when reporters were asking Latrell are you going to the Rabbitohs, that it's been circling for a few weeks. Latrell denied he knew anything and didn't know where it came from. Then they asked Richo and he said he hasn't spoken to Latrell and nor had he. We will just have to stay tuned on where he goes now. He wants to play fullback and the Dogs just recently signed Dalin WZ for another two years. So I guess that might rule them out. Wests need a fullback and they do have space. But that could really change in two years over there. Souths need a fullback. They, if granted cap relief, are the only logical choice. As for Sam, well I'm staying out of making any comments about anything that happens. There are a lot of people anti Sam and anti Souths and have experience in turning everything they say around . I'm not getting into any more about Sam except to say he's the best forward I've ever seen and I saw Macca, Coots, Stevens, Sait Lurch etc.

handyman2190

Bench
That story of Richo was about six months ago when reporters were asking Latrell are you going to the Rabbitohs, that it's been circling for a few weeks. Latrell denied he knew anything and didn't know where it came from. Then they asked Richo and he said he hasn't spoken to Latrell and nor had he. We will just have to stay tuned on where he goes now. He wants to play fullback and the Dogs just recently signed Dalin WZ for another two years. So I guess that might rule them out. Wests need a fullback and they do have space. But that could really change in two years over there. Souths need a fullback. They, if granted cap relief, are the only logical choice. As for Sam, well I'm staying out of making any comments about anything that happens. There are a lot of people anti Sam and anti Souths and have experience in turning everything they say around . I'm not getting into any more about Sam except to say he's the best forward I've ever seen and I saw Macca, Coots, Stevens, Sait Lurch etc.

I like the boy!!! Same here brother Quinny.