What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther Mick

Juniors
You can't really say without him playing that position a few months.

I wouldn't do it but some clubs sign players on potential. Potential of talent or the chance to play a certain position.
Maybe part of negotiations happening right now from his management is the choice to play 5/8 at his current club or a new one?
Centres don't usually command a million dollars a season.

OldPanther

Coach
I wouldn't do it but some clubs sign players on potential. Potential of talent or the chance to play a certain position.
Maybe part of negotiations happening right now from his management is the choice to play 5/8 at his current club or a new one?
Centres don't usually command a million dollars a season.

I don't think it'd ever happen. Our signing policies seem to have changed since Gus left and big money risky signings like him are a thing of the past.

BxTom

Bench
Funny that they are making up the number. No doubt tigers will make an offer but don't write a figure if you don't know. Hate journos.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...sPv_pVAYMyXt5QzO5iLt-GS8h_KQWGL1gZusHuRuV7G58

"With money available for 2020, the Tigers could make Mitchell a $3.3 million plus offer over three seasons."

Won't happen. The club has had a clear shift in recruitment policy which seems to be against high money deals that Mitchell seems to want.

Don't think they care at this point. Everyone is struggling to keep up with the big 2 clubs and everyone will become more desperate as time goes by. Tigers for example haven't played finals since 2011. They don't have the luxury of caring anymore.
Nathan Cleary says thanks for his 5 year deal on ~$900k (plus?)...

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree with being disciplined with contracts etc. At the same tine the idea of him playing outside Kikau is mouth watering.

Even with all my concerns he could be a match made in heaven. I am so conflicted. Can you imagine the back line. But the high maintainance Phew.

Question for those in the we want Latrell camp.
A few stories this year has been his desire to play 5/8 in the future. Could be next year or could be in a few years time.
Would you pay him a Million to play 5/8 here?

No.

His main talent is in scoring his own try, he’d be more effective a little wider.

One player who the club developed doesn't refute or confirm the signing policy. If anything it's pretty standard to over pay halfbacks at the moment.

It’s not standard for a 20/21 yo to receive that type of deal. Yes, he played origin, but he also did very little on the stage, it was more a case of there being very little depth in the position.

Other halves that produce similar numbers are paid less than Cleary. Guys like Reynolds, Moses, Brooks.

Cleary got hype level money.

His best NRL performance(by a long way) has been in the 6. Id play him there over 1 or 4 if we signed him for a mil(rather not tho).

Which game?

I wouldn’t say no to trying him there, but he’d be less effective as a try scorer. That’s what we really need right now.

The yak

Juniors
Rumour time.

New Zealand prop Zane Tetevano has turned down a move to Super League to find a new club in the NRL.

Tetevano, 29, was linked with a move to Warrington, but the Daily Telegraph reports that he wants to keep his young family in Australia.

Sydney Roosters recently revealed they had no room on the cap for the prop for 2020, with the likes of Penrith, St George Illawarra, Wests Tigers and Gold Coast being linked with the Kiwi.

His stock will have increased following his performance for the Kiwis against Great Britain last week – while he has also previously played internationally for Cook Islands.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/zane-tetevano-turns-down-super-league-move/

betcats

Referee
Which game?

I wouldn’t say no to trying him there, but he’d be less effective as a try scorer. That’s what we really need right now.

I think I got the games mixed up. There was a really good one followed by a terrible one. He did play well in round 1 or 2 V the storm at 6.

betcats

Referee
Rumour time.

New Zealand prop Zane Tetevano has turned down a move to Super League to find a new club in the NRL.

Tetevano, 29, was linked with a move to Warrington, but the Daily Telegraph reports that he wants to keep his young family in Australia.

Sydney Roosters recently revealed they had no room on the cap for the prop for 2020, with the likes of Penrith, St George Illawarra, Wests Tigers and Gold Coast being linked with the Kiwi.

His stock will have increased following his performance for the Kiwis against Great Britain last week – while he has also previously played internationally for Cook Islands.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/zane-tetevano-turns-down-super-league-move/

Tetevano is not a very nice person, would rather find someone else, he is very lucky he didn't get Ben Barba'd cause he is far worse.

OldPanther

Coach
It’s not standard for a 20/21 yo to receive that type of deal. Yes, he played origin, but he also did very little on the stage, it was more a case of there being very little depth in the position.

Other halves that produce similar numbers are paid less than Cleary. Guys like Reynolds, Moses, Brooks.

Cleary got hype level money.

Well Nathan had hype AND was re-signed by Gus.

Status
Not open for further replies.