What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Not saying you are wrong Oldy but it might be a premature to draw that conclusion, we aren't even through the first offseason post Gus.

True. I just think Ivan seems very conservative in how he approaches things and they don't seem to be going against that. Even the list Franklin had was made up of solid guys but nothing big money high risk/reward like Mitchell.

mxlegend99

Referee
As if Bulldogs are going to want a lazy half hearted player at fullback ahead of DWZ.

For all the talent Mitchell has. You can't phone it in at fullback without being caught out.

He would be a terrible signing for Bulldogs... actually I cant see many clubs other than Roosters getting their moneys worth out of him. At a club without superstars around him those lazy efforts would be stand out a lot more.

mxlegend99

Referee
Which probably means that super duper want him. LOL. Like RCG is in our plans for 2020. DWZ will see out his contract.

Expect an announcement within 2 weeks. :p:eek::p
Even if we want him. He wouldnt want us.

He wants money. Pure and simple. $1m a year for some lazy merkin who goes missing in games. No f**king wonder clubs arent interested.

Roosters overvalued him at $800k and he still wasn't happy.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
As if Bulldogs are going to want a lazy half hearted player at fullback ahead of DWZ.

For all the talent Mitchell has. You can't phone it in at fullback without being caught out.

He would be a terrible signing for Bulldogs... actually I cant see many clubs other than Roosters getting their moneys worth out of him. At a club without superstars around him those lazy efforts would be stand out a lot more.

Well said I totally agree. I also think clubs are sick and tired of player managers attempting to hold clubs to ransom re contracts. This is an interesting link. https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...rs-cody-walker-2020/v7sszyrwfemc1jc2e29sngnje

BxTom

Bench
Cleary Snr has shown over an extended period that he has virtually zero man management skills - he prefers to get rid of players that he doesn't get along with, Lewis, DWZ, Blake, RCG etc. All to get the cap down he and his mates say. But it is documented that he and Lewis had a falling out at training. The last thing that we need is to sign somebody like Mitchell. Trent Robinson and Rorter's management are obviously very good and experienced at handling problem children and if they can't control Mitchell, Cleary Snr has NO chance.

Zampaa

Juniors
The only place latrell is getting the money he wants is Toronto.
Thank f**k were not getting him, it would be a disaster unless you could convince him to sign 1 year contracts for the rest of his career, which he won't do.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's an exaggeration but yeah it's the big issue everyone has with him. Shame because the natural ability is there. I'd rather just have:

Burton/Crichton centres with Naden/To'o on the wings.

I think Crichton can reach those levels he has everything Mitchell does. Just after a few older heads for a year or 2

OldPanther

Coach
How does a guy who scored 19 tries & 9 assists only turn up for 4 games?

Yes, he can go missing, but he has more good games than bad.

The concern is whether that number of good games would drop when he leaves the Roosters. He has some of the best players and coaches around him. I don't have an answer but I do think it's a legitimate question.

The concern is whether that number of good games would drop when he leaves the Roosters. He has some of the best players and coaches around him. I don't have an answer but I do think it's a legitimate question.

For sure it’s a legitimate question, but how are we in a position to play it safe? Clubs like ours need to take some risks in recruitment.

We don’t have anyone that’s even close to Latrell Mitchell’s talent level in our outside backs. I’d rather take the risk and back ourselves than die wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts