What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Spot On

Coach
Yes but that’s because Matthew Johns has everyone on Fox and MMM sucking his dick and Joey has everyone on 9 doing the same. If he left the Knights suddenly these 2 lose their hard on for him and everyone in the media stops fingering their arse when he makes a tackle break

He makes tackle breaks???

The Rosco

Bench
I still think that its highly possible that Mitchell stays at Roosters. They have withdrawn their existing offer (supposedly $ 800K). All the better to say that he re-signed for a lower rate because he loves the club and opening up more cap space.
That's how they roll under the protection of the sombrero

Zadar

Juniors
I read that post as being passively critical at the notion Mitchell could leave to take up the other deal. But it is entirely possible (or even probable haha) those were earnest questions and i've misinterpreted them

sigh.

i f**king hope this is not true.

Gee and I thought he wanted to stay close to his family in Taree, Gonna be a few absences during the season if he moves that far north, good luck Mr green.

nick87

Coach
Gee and I thought he wanted to stay close to his family in Taree, Gonna be a few absences during the season if he moves that far north, good luck Mr green.

Im not following why im quoted.

Val Homes, Latrell Mitchell, Michael Morgan and Lolo is a pretty solid base though! That'd interesting.

beave

Coach
Im not following why im quoted.

Val Homes, Latrell Mitchell, Michael Morgan and Lolo is a pretty solid base though! That'd interesting.

We couldn’t afford both Val and Mitchell. It would be one or the other.

this is my take, 2 things could be playing out.

1. NQ have told Badel to run this story to force Val’s hand to make a decision. Either option he makes, at least NQ know where they stand.

2. This is that f**kwit Rushtons way of driving up Latrells price by trying to drum up media attention and ghost offers that just simply aren’t there.

Latrell is highly talented but a sulking dickhead IMO. I said it earlier, he’s a flat track bully. Watch the tonga game on the weekend for a prime example. Once he’s around a crew that isn’t as talented as the chooks, he’s pretty much a non-event. Which will be what happens, if god forbid, he comes to NQ.

We don’t have the talent as the chooks do, especially if Green persists with that fuzzy haired fruitcake at #9, we are long on our way to another shitful year.

King hit

Coach
@beave

Do you think this is even a serious thing anyway? I can't help but think it's just his manager trying to get the Roosters to up the ante with their offers. Latrell has a young family so I'll be surprised if would want to move them right up to North Queensland from Sydney.

@beave

Do you think this is even a serious thing anyway? I can't help but think it's just his manager trying to get the Roosters to up the ante with their offers. Latrell has a young family so I'll be surprised if would want to move them right up to North Queensland from Sydney.
This.
He's even come out and said he wants to do what's best for his family and I somehow don't think that involves moving 2000 km away when he's got much closer offers on the table lol

beave

Coach
@beave

If he wants to avoid the spotlight and all that bullshit of the bigger cities, than Tvl is perfect for him. He could do a lot of good in the indigenious communities up there and at Cowboys House (google it to get an understanding about what it is). There is merit I guess but I think there are games at play here by either NQ or Latrells management.

I personally think Val would be a better fit, I have nfi what either of them are like off the field but i think he’s a better fit being local lad and married to Morgos missus sister.

$1mil for a centre to come and play for us? I’d be more comfortable in getting Val and shifting $1mil Morgan to the centres and having Drinkwater and Clifford in the halves. Allows Morgan to focus on his strength which is his running game. And you get to fit all 4 into the side.

Canard

Immortal
We couldn’t afford both Val and Mitchell. It would be one or the other.

this is my take, 2 things could be playing out.

1. NQ have told Badel to run this story to force Val’s hand to make a decision. Either option he makes, at least NQ know where they stand.

2. This is that f**kwit Rushtons way of driving up Latrells price by trying to drum up media attention and ghost offers that just simply aren’t there.

Latrell is highly talented but a sulking dickhead IMO. I said it earlier, he’s a flat track bully. Watch the tonga game on the weekend for a prime example. Once he’s around a crew that isn’t as talented as the chooks, he’s pretty much a non-event. Which will be what happens, if god forbid, he comes to NQ.

We don’t have the talent as the chooks do, especially if Green persists with that fuzzy haired fruitcake at #9, we are long on our way to another shitful year.

The third option is that the Roosters are happy to free up cap space and have either Fifita or Holmes all but signed up.

Why else would they be keen to release him straight away?.

t-ba

Post Whore
The figures being thrown around are insane but when you remember this is Ash Taylor money being offered it doesn't seem so insane...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The figures being thrown around are insane but when you remember this is Ash Taylor money being offered it doesn't seem so insane...
Ash Taylor should be a glaring example that clubs really need to consider who they offer 1 mil to. On the flip-side player managers take it as some sort of green light to get all their players a million dollar contract.

You should be able to build a team around a 1 mil player and Latrell certainly isn't that. He's a super talented but lazy AF player that got dropped from NSW because he has a sh*t attitude. TBH I think the money the Roosters offered him was ridiculous and he really should have taken it.

He will get more than a million per year from someone... Does he deserve it? Probably not, but someone will pay it.

Clubs floating around the bottom of the table with a bit of cap money will see him as a quick fix and a talisman of sorts. Someone that can make an immediate difference to their team. They'll see all the points he scored last year and forget about the fact that a centre is usually only as good as the halves standing between him and the ruck.

They'll think back to the difference that signing Greg Inglis made to South Sydney and see Latrell as someone who can do the same thing when really, Souths got lucky that Inglis was a fantastic fullback as well as a centre and it was only once he went to the back that he made a decent difference at Souths. Can Latrell make a go of fullback? Who knows?

If you spend a million bucks a year on a player, he really needs to be in your spine or at least in the middle of your pack where he can make 50 tackles a game and 30 hit ups.

$1million for a centre who may touch the ball 10 times on a good day is bad business. If he can't then make the leap to fullback or 5/8 then you've probably consigned yourself to be stuck near the bottom of the table with horrible depth.

Zadar

Juniors
He will get more than a million per year from someone... Does he deserve it? Probably not, but someone will pay it.

Clubs floating around the bottom of the table with a bit of cap money will see him as a quick fix and a talisman of sorts. Someone that can make an immediate difference to their team. They'll see all the points he scored last year and forget about the fact that a centre is usually only as good as the halves standing between him and the ruck.

They'll think back to the difference that signing Greg Inglis made to South Sydney and see Latrell as someone who can do the same thing when really, Souths got lucky that Inglis was a fantastic fullback as well as a centre and it was only once he went to the back that he made a decent difference at Souths. Can Latrell make a go of fullback? Who knows?

If you spend a million bucks a year on a player, he really needs to be in your spine or at least in the middle of your pack where he can make 50 tackles a game and 30 hit ups.

$1million for a centre who may touch the ball 10 times on a good day is bad business. If he can't then make the leap to fullback or 5/8 then you've probably consigned yourself to be stuck near the bottom of the table with horrible depth.

It’s always good having a player of GI or latrell for the big finals games, they can turn the match on their own, and that’s when the money is justified.

It getting to those matches that may be the problem though, as these players aren’t your consistent performers.

I would still take a punt on him if I was a club with the cash to spend, the kids love him, and he is actually quite well spoken.

Will miss him at the chooks, but wish him well wherever he ends up,

Never forget B2B.

Latest posts