What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Stake Removed

First Grade
1. J.Dugan
2. R.Mulitalo
3. B.Xerri
4. J.Ramien
5. J.Morris
6. S.Johnson
7. B.Trindall
8. A.Fifita
9. B.Brailey
10.M.Prior
11. B.Nikora
12. W.Graham
13. J.Williams
14. B.Uele
15. T.Rudolf
16. M.Moylan
17. B.Magoulias

No room for CT or Woods time to move past these guys, impact off the bench, and put Moylan there get him into the game once some of the heat out of it.

Speed to burn in the backs

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
1. J.Dugan
2. R.Mulitalo
3. B.Xerri
4. J.Ramien
5. J.Morris
6. S.Johnson
7. B.Trindall
8. A.Fifita
9. B.Brailey
10.M.Prior
11. B.Nikora
12. W.Graham
13. J.Williams
14. B.Uele
15. T.Rudolf
16. M.Moylan
17. B.Magoulias

No room for CT or Woods time to move past these guys, impact off the bench, and put Moylan there get him into the game once some of the heat out of it.

There is literally 0 chance of that happening.
Moylan and Magoulias off the bench? Trindall at 7 in front of Chad? Come on now

Last edited:

Green_

Juniors
I know we have no money but if we can move on the likes of Moylan, I see Zane Tetevano from the roosters still doesn’t have a contract. Would be good to bolster our forwards because that does look a little weak
Tetevano would be a perfect addition to replace Gal - coming across from the Roosters system and a NZ rep. As it stands, can't see any of our current crop being able to take over the number 13 jersey. Huge hole

Frenzy.

Immortal
1. J.Dugan - yeah, if he is still here
2. R.Mulitalo - Maybe, I think he could be a centre
3. B.Xerri - Not a lay down misery for mine. Ferris will put pressure on. Might be behind at season's start due to having 2 operations
4. J.Ramien - Lock it in
5. J.Morris - Lock it in
6. S.Johnson - Lock it in
7. B.Trindall - Not yet, only through injury. He won't unseat King Chad
8. A.Fifita - bench him in most games. Save him for big games. He is not healthy
9. B.Brailey - Lock it in
10.M.Prior - If he is still here
11. B.Nikora - Lock it in
12. W.Graham - Lock it in
13. J.Williams - Lock him up. Somewhere 1000 miles from any games. Perhaps sell him
14. B.Uele - Lock it in
15. T.Rudolf - Lock it in
16. M.Moylan - No value having him on the bench. Covers only 6 or 1. If he stays he plays. At 1 with Dugan in the centres for Xerri
17. B.Magoulias - Lock it in, covers 5/8, hooker, back row and probably even the middle.

StakeRemoved said:
No room for CT or Woods time to move past these guys,

Will not happen. They have 352 games between them and you want to replace them with 2 guys who have ZERO games at all yet. BT and TR. Last thing I hear was the Sharks have 25 players locked in after Ramien signed. With $300,00 left to get 5 in before June 30th. NRL development contracts are defined at $75,000 so that leave only $150,000 for 3 journeymen or whatever if the club goes with half the allowed dev players. Bit hard when the minimum wage now is $105,000. Therefore ditching Woods and Townsend would be plain dumb as they won't be replaced by anyone with anywhere near the experience. The club may have to go with 4 development players and use up that $300,000 there and try to buy in some experience if/when someone leaves. The fact Feefs has taken a 6 figure pay cut to stay highlights the difficulties.

The club needs to be watching the developments with Gillett and Burgess as well as keeping in mind the Inglis bullshit and consider a medical retirement for Fifita is the NRL sets some weird precedent with giving salcap relief to Souths and Bronocs - which they have already done once.

In 2019 the cap is $9.6 million for 30 players, four of whom can be on a development wage of $75,000. The minimum wage away from that is $105,000
-

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/how-nrl-clubs-beat-not-cheat-the-salary-cap-20190517-p51ofa.html

Stakey said:
impact off the bench, and put Moylan there get him into the game once some of the heat out of it.

The club still has to move one on.

So, as I see it if...

Moylan goes - Duges is Fullback and Xerri plays centre
Dugan goes - Moylan plays fullback and Xerri stays
If Prior goes - we are f**ked up front with Fifita half crippled and the rest inexperienced. TPP then has to start
If they all stay - Xerri out and

1. Moylan - who I don't even think much of
2. Mulitano
3. Dugan (L) - anyone who thinks Xerri is a better option simply due to having an extra yard of pace is deluded
4. Ramien (R) - same, anyone who thinks Xerri is a better option simply due to having an extra yard of pace is deluded
5. Morris

That is the best backline available with limited resources and limited players

Get used to it everyone. The Sharks are in for a lotta pain for a few years

Also remember the usual backline cover, Kurt Scapegoat, is not yet signed.

The only thing that will get this side to the semis for the next few years will be experience so it is madness to even consider ditching the likes of Townsend or Woods

TheMessiah said:

Good to have you back posting Stakey you fargen loon!! :)

Eion

First Grade
Without buying into who’s leaving etc, as it stands for me

1 Doogs
2 Ronaldo
3 Xerri
4 Noodles
5 Morris
6 SJ
7 Chad
8 Feef
9 BB
10 Prizza
11 Nikora
12 Wade
13 Williams
Uele
Woods
Rudolf
Capes

I cannot have Mythlan in the side until he eats a big ass piece of humble pie in reggies. He was diabolical last year and we can’t have his inconsistency when we already have SJ who’ll drop his bundle every once in a while.

Williams is on a watching brief after ending the season pretty poorly.

I’m worried about the health of prizza and feef, so need forwards on the bench for mine. That exposes BB as an 80 min option, but wade, chad can shuffle I spose.

None of it is ideal...

Chimp

Juniors
Without buying into who’s leaving etc, as it stands for me

1 Doogs
2 Ronaldo
3 Xerri
4 Noodles
5 Morris
6 SJ
7 Chad
8 Feef
9 BB
10 Prizza
11 Nikora
12 Wade
13 Williams
Uele
Woods
Rudolf
Capes

I cannot have Mythlan in the side until he eats a big ass piece of humble pie in reggies. He was diabolical last year and we can’t have his inconsistency when we already have SJ who’ll drop his bundle every once in a while.

Williams is on a watching brief after ending the season pretty poorly.

I’m worried about the health of prizza and feef, so need forwards on the bench for mine. That exposes BB as an 80 min option, but wade, chad can shuffle I spose.

None of it is ideal...

Exactly how I see it, though I'm pretty sure Prior will be in Super League next year, so then woods into the starting line up, replaced probably by Billy M, and I guess Capewell ain't gonna be here either.

If both Moylan and Dugan stay, they can hopefully time their guaranteed weeks off so that one or the other plays each week - like a job share.

snout

First Grade
1. J.Dugan - yeah, if he is still here
2. R.Mulitalo - Maybe, I think he could be a centre
3. B.Xerri - Not a lay down misery for mine. Ferris will put pressure on. Might be behind at season's start due to having 2 operations
4. J.Ramien - Lock it in
5. J.Morris - Lock it in
6. S.Johnson - Lock it in
7. B.Trindall - Not yet, only through injury. He won't unseat King Chad
8. A.Fifita - bench him in most games. Save him for big games. He is not healthy
9. B.Brailey - Lock it in
10.M.Prior - If he is still here
11. B.Nikora - Lock it in
12. W.Graham - Lock it in
13. J.Williams - Lock him up. Somewhere 1000 miles from any games. Perhaps sell him
14. B.Uele - Lock it in
15. T.Rudolf - Lock it in
16. M.Moylan - No value having him on the bench. Covers only 6 or 1. If he stays he plays. At 1 with Dugan in the centres for Xerri
17. B.Magoulias - Lock it in, covers 5/8, hooker, back row and probably even the middle.

Will not happen. They have 352 games between them and you want to replace them with 2 guys who have ZERO games at all yet. BT and TR. Last thing I hear was the Sharks have 25 players locked in after Ramien signed. With $300,00 left to get 5 in before June 30th. NRL development contracts are defined at $75,000 so that leave only $150,000 for 3 journeymen or whatever if the club goes with half the allowed dev players. Bit hard when the minimum wage now is $105,000. Therefore ditching Woods and Townsend would be plain dumb as they won't be replaced by anyone with anywhere near the experience. The club may have to go with 4 development players and use up that $300,000 there and try to buy in some experience if/when someone leaves. The fact Feefs has taken a 6 figure pay cut to stay highlights the difficulties.

The club needs to be watching the developments with Gillett and Burgess as well as keeping in mind the Inglis bullshit and consider a medical retirement for Fifita is the NRL sets some weird precedent with giving salcap relief to Souths and Bronocs - which they have already done once.

-

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/how-nrl-clubs-beat-not-cheat-the-salary-cap-20190517-p51ofa.html

The club still has to move one on.

So, as I see it if...

Moylan goes - Duges is Fullback and Xerri plays centre
Dugan goes - Moylan plays fullback and Xerri stays
If Prior goes - we are f**ked up front with Fifita half crippled and the rest inexperienced. TPP then has to start
If they all stay - Xerri out and

1. Moylan - who I don't even think much of
2. Mulitano
3. Dugan (L) - anyone who thinks Xerri is a better option simply due to having an extra yard of pace is deluded
4. Ramien (R) - same, anyone who thinks Xerri is a better option simply due to having an extra yard of pace is deluded
5. Morris

That is the best backline available with limited resources and limited players

Get used to it everyone. The Sharks are in for a lotta pain for a few years

Also remember the usual backline cover, Kurt Scapegoat, is not yet signed.

The only thing that will get this side to the semis for the next few years will be experience so it is madness to even consider ditching the likes of Townsend or Woods

Good to have you back posting Stakey you fargen loon!! :)
I see red
I see red
I see red

Snoop Shark

First Grade
You probably haven’t read it or heard it just yet but trust me on this, the roosters want BX.

I’d be very surprised if Bronson is here in 2021.

imasharkie

Coach
1. J.Dugan
2. R.Mulitalo
3. B.Xerri
4. J.Ramien
5. J.Morris
6. S.Johnson
7. B.Trindall
8. A.Fifita
9. B.Brailey
10.M.Prior
11. B.Nikora
12. W.Graham
13. J.Williams
14. B.Uele
15. T.Rudolf
16. M.Moylan
17. B.Magoulias

Moylan will be on once Dugan has his usual breakdown. I like that team except for Prior, if he's staying he should be on the bench with Toby starting.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Moylan will be on once Dugan has his usual breakdown. I like that team except for Prior, if he's staying he should be on the bench with Toby starting.

No Uncle. You don't dump a 182 game veteran for a 0 game rookie unless. TR might only last 15 minutes in the real world of NRL. He should take the Uele path and TPP should start before TR even if Prior was benched

Weaponhead

Coach
If Roosters want BX that bad they can pay half of Trell’s wage next season and he can wear our 1?

Thoughts?
Old trell will be gassed in 10 minutes playing FB.

If FJ goes well at Easts it will be an enticement to BX. If FJ fails then he would more likely stay.

Easts usually get who they want for the price they want. They know Mitchell has issues and won't overpay him.

Latest posts