What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2019

lockyno1

Post Whore
Least it ain’t Moreira #deaddosh

Mooore isn't much better this year

Mind you it was hardly that bad a ride on Constaninople anyway, honestly couldn't believe the go for it. It was Fame Game all over again. Every man and their dog gets sucked into horses that have a great finish late in a Caulfield Cup...hasn't been a great form race for the Melbourne Cup lately!

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Mind you it was hardly that bad a ride on Constaninople anyway, honestly couldn't believe the go for it. It was Fame Game all over again. Every man and their dog gets sucked into horses that have a great finish late in a Caulfield Cup...hasn't been a great form race for the Melbourne Cup lately!
Besides the winner running second.......

blaza88z

Coach

Why wouldn't they be?

A race under handicap conditions that leads in nicely with the timing of the race a couple of weeks prior to the Cup, the drawback is if you win you cop a penalty which dents your chances but there are always several runners who come out of the Caufield Cup and run well in the Melbourne Cup.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why wouldn't they be?

A race under handicap conditions that leads in nicely with the timing of the race a couple of weeks prior to the Cup, the drawback is if you win you cop a penalty which dents your chances but there are always several runners who come out of the Caufield Cup and run well in the Melbourne Cup.

It's a horrible form race, they can run well all they like but they aren't winning it lately. You have to go back to Ethereal in 2001 for the last one to complete the Caulfield-MC double. That's almost 2 decades ago. I recon I look at the European races, Ebor, and a few other races a lot more and have done for a decade.

blaza88z

Coach
It's a horrible form race, they can run well all they like but they aren't winning it lately. You have to go back to Ethereal in 2001 for the last one to complete the Caulfield-MC double. That's almost 2 decades ago. I recon I look at the European races, Ebor, and a few other races a lot more and have done for a decade.

It's already been stated but the Melbourne Cup winner came out of the Caufield Cup

coolsteve

Juniors
The doyen of form analysts has spoken

to_ddeath

Coach

Muntahaa - nowhere in the Cup post-Ebor
Tusk & Mustajeer - See above.
The next tier up of internationals have proven clearly superior, as soon as they figure out how to bring quality pacemakers over to assist their top stayers, the Cup goes international again in a heartbeat. End of.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This 2 yr old race is harder to pick than a broken nose, I’m going the 7 Glen Fiddich great name.