What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I didn't say being a nice guy doesn't make a good captain. I just asked the question, nice guy or tough nut? Although a quality I think you need in a captain is a never say die attitude and he tries to install that into the players.

No, but the implication was that you're either a nice guy, or a tough nut - but why not both?

hindy111

Post Whore
I disagree there, has the involvement but not the skills. Although Tedesco was similar at Tigs but developed his skills at Roosters. Maybe Holmes could at the Cows but have my doubts. The team just hasn't evolved since they won the gf and have gone backwards as have many of their players.

I'd trade Guth for Holmes

Bazal

Post Whore
Guths involvement and overall skill leaves Holmes for dead in terms of the fullback role. His ballplaying on the edge has become excellent.

I do think he tries too hard at times and maybe needs to let the halves do more, but apart from explosive speed I don't reckon there's a single area Holmes is better. Again, that's in terms of fullback play. Holmes is a far superior option on the wing

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Also, whats the chances of Holmes getting back to the level that he was at before he left the NRL?

I dont think you can be out of the game for as long as he has without losing skills and match fitness. Big gamble signing him.

Gronk

Staff member
Still waiting for confirmation on your source, as per forum rules.

wave.gif
Over to you champ.

No good having a good roster with a shit coach and staff. BA has shown he has nfi and his defensive coach is useless, another of BA buys. You'd think also that he'd make changes to the staff to save his job but by the performance of the team this year he is incapable of even doing that.

Is that what Jack de Belin gets per year, $239k? If so, wow, just think of the amounts we are paying for a shit load of nuffies in our squad. No wonder we're a basket case on the field.

But how long did the good form last? Once we had our first loss we seemed to slide into a hole, the same hole we fall into every year, and the coaching staff seem powerless to do anything about it, which also happens every year. Our coaches are poor and don't instill any confidence, mongrel, unity or leadership into the group, and at the moment they can't even catch the ball ffs. Same shit year after year, even good players turn to shit, and my mood turns shitty. Even well coached teams have lulls, lose a few games but quickly recover. We do shit for 5-6 weeks and even longer (like 2018) and very rarely get back to any decent form thereafter and the season is gone with another bottom 8 finish.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Found some more...

Agree Hindy, obviously our systems are shit.

So much for the supposed systems BA has put in place and we're still shit at it. BA has been here since 2014 and nothing has really changed. Our talent identification has apparently changed, more athletic types now instead of size, but the same result. Zilch, none, nothing. Hopefully with our own NSW Cup team things may change, we can only hope.

Yes a big problem for him, but more importantly, if our forwards turn to shit, which they seem to do every second game, his performances suffer accordingly. Imagine Cronk behind our pack, he'd just be another of our nuffie halfbacks. Need the forwards to be consistent for Moses to perform much better.

And how did every one of those signings turn out for Parra? Shit is the word that comes to mind but I think you already know that.