What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

This week's show was excellent. The opener was awesome, the second tourny match was good too even though the Dark Order suck. Bucks/Friends match was good, love OC! Womens match was good. Really liked the Inner Circle segment, the look on Jericho's face at the end holding up his ticket like a cross to Dracula, was priceless. The main event was great and I loved the finish. Could have done with a Moxley promo right at the end I reckon. He was screaming bullshit anyway, why not do it on the mic. But yeah, great show. I heard NXT was very good too. Wednesday nights are definitely the night right now!

f**k it’s hard avoiding the results before I got a chance to watch it. Need to delete YouTube and Twitter :rofl:

overall my thoughts are so far that it’s doing pretty well. It’s definitely not perfect, but I think they are doing enough to build up a strong base of characters that will position them well for years to come

a couple of gripes:

- matches are too long
- too many tag matches
- too many big moves that aren’t followed up by pin attempts
- not enough promos (give page, mox or even omega the stick ffs)
- get rid of the three man f**king booth. Mask guy needs to go

f**k it’s hard avoiding the results before I got a chance to watch it. Need to delete YouTube and Twitter :rofl:

overall my thoughts are so far that it’s doing pretty well. It’s definitely not perfect, but I think they are doing enough to build up a strong base of characters that will position them well for years to come

a couple of gripes:

- matches are too long
- too many tag matches
- too many big moves that aren’t followed up by pin attempts
- not enough promos (give page, mox or even omega the stick ffs)
- get rid of the three man f**king booth. Mask guy needs to go
Agree big time about the promos. Plenty of wrestlers I know of through reading PW Insider, but know nothing about.

Excalibur is a good commentator, as he really helps Ross & Schiovane navigate the modern scene. But just like above, I’d love to know the story behind the mask, because I don’t know why he’s wearing it.

Otherwise, you’re right. Too many long, even matches (and multi tag matches) where guys & girls try and jam all their shit in.

Watching my first episode of Dark (Episode 3 with Taz on commentary). Been quite entertaining so far. Would love to see 1 or 2 more genuine big guys on their roster. They have Jake Hager now, but would love to see guys like Alexander Hammerstone, Davey Boy Smith Jr or Killer Kross here in AEW. I reckon it could really shift things up.

They need a few guys to return from Japan, such as the KES. Size on the roster is an issue right now.

And yeah, a few other guys need to have a go on the stick. Even if theyre just minute long pretapes. Let em have a crack.

They need a few guys to return from Japan, such as the KES. Size on the roster is an issue right now. Archer re-signed with NJPW recently.

And yeah, a few other guys need to have a go on the stick. Even if theyre just minute long pretapes. Let em have a crack.
DB Smith Jr is no longer with NJPW, but I would guess his MLW contract is similar to MJF & Jimmy Havoc in that he could sign there as he was part of MLW before AEW existed.

The two other guys I would go after if I were AEW are Killer Kross and Alexander Hammerstone. Kross is having legal issues with Impact at the moment, so that could take some time. Hammerstone is going to be a big star one day in my opinion.

Didn't enjoy the pay per view this time round. It was a bit flat until the World Title match, which was quite good but certainly not mindblowing. Cody did take a hell of a knock though! The postmatch stuff with MJF was well received in our viewing party thats for sure. Main Event was a crazy death match that saved the show imo. Overall, a B. Nothing horrible but it never really got going.

They probably should have opened with the tag title match. I know they wanted to build the show as it progressed, but the crowd have grown accustomed to a hot opener and I think it really affected the rest of the show. That being said, Bucks doing storytelling was something unique!

Womens Division is really meh right now. The quicker they get the belt off Riho, the better Ireckon.

They need to get the local girls into the title picture. Even to the AEW smart mark crowd, not a lot of them care that much about joshi promotions. The quicker the likes of Britt Baker and Awesome Kong either get the title, or at least into the title picture, the better.

Didn't enjoy the pay per view this time round. It was a bit flat until the World Title match, which was quite good but certainly not mindblowing. Cody did take a hell of a knock though! The postmatch stuff with MJF was well received in our viewing party thats for sure. Main Event was a crazy death match that saved the show imo. Overall, a B. Nothing horrible but it never really got going.

They probably should have opened with the tag title match. I know they wanted to build the show as it progressed, but the crowd have grown accustomed to a hot opener and I think it really affected the rest of the show. That being said, Bucks doing storytelling was something unique!

Womens Division is really meh right now. The quicker they get the belt off Riho, the better Ireckon.

yeh the opening tag was good, got lost in the middle though. Why not give mjf or hagger a match instead of that spears and janela shite

not sure about the death match thing. Was a bit too Indy for me, especially if they are going for a mainstream audience. I personally like it but no way it’d appeal to the wider audience

god I was hoping for rvd to come out when one of them (can’t remember who) did the rvd taunt

azzah72

Bench
I didn't really end up enjoying the deathmatch, too long and heaps of them wandering around looking/setting up stuff.

I look at something like Gargano/Ciampa's matches that were better and even those had time issues and boring spots.

Rest of the card was fine with, in my option, the womens match being quite good as while the tags and the title match were all fine, it all feels a bit overdone or something, I can't articulate what I mean.

I didn't really end up enjoying the deathmatch, too long and heaps of them wandering around looking/setting up stuff.

I look at something like Gargano/Ciampa's matches that were better and even those had time issues and boring spots.

Rest of the card was fine with, in my option, the womens match being quite good as while the tags and the title match were all fine, it all feels a bit overdone or something, I can't articulate what I mean.

I can! There’s way too many fugging tag matches

I hope these guys can organise for Taz to be their fill-in guy for when Tony Schiovane has to work College Gridiron. Both add authenticity to the roll that JR and Excalibur don’t: Taz as a top level competitor and Schiovane as an analyst.