What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Spot On

Coach
This is not a jealousy post, nor am I suggesting he should say, but I'd love for pro athletes to spare us the "looking after my kids" spiel.

If he plonked his last 2 years 'modest' earnings in some low risk investment account and did nothing else he'd have more money for his family than 95% of families in the country.

Ya don't need $1.2M a year to look after 3 kids lol

Correct.

adamkungl

Immortal
True. But you don't spend $250,000 on something that will be worth $100,000 in 4 years time if your number one concern is the financial future of your family

Twitter users have claimed that Big Boy Hoops has no f**king idea and the car in question is actually a different model worth about 80k

Valheru

Coach
The saddest thing about this whole saga is that oxygen thief Anthony Mundine has decided to use this situation to try and become relevant again.

It is quite clear Latrell will never play for us again and I genuinely hope his career doesn't go down the toilet from here but it is a distinct possibility.

He is already loing the PR battle which is a shock given the roosters are on the other side of the PR battle.

adamkungl

Immortal
I dunno if I'm ready to buy the "never playing for us again" yet.

Of the thousands of words written on the subject there's been barely a quote from either Roosters or Latrell.
He and Robbo have always had a seemingly good relationship. I doubt Robbo has burnt any bridges in telling him he's free to look around.

There might be an amicable solution still

Exsilium

First Grade
The whole situation is sad.

He’s great when he’s just playing football and enjoying what he does. When he’s in front of the media you can easily forget how good a footballer he really is.

Vee

First Grade
True. But you don't spend $250,000 on something that will be worth $100,000 in 4 years time if your number one concern is the financial future of your family
Perhaps it's because he's making decisions like that that he needs the extra money.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
lol that James Big Man Hooper article is the worst thing i've ever read
As if the Roosters give a f**k what car he's driving
It's actually really strange. When the media pick a target they just keep on and on. It's Daily Mail type stuff almost. Not saying he will have one, but it's like they just wanna keep piling on the kid until he has a nervous breakdown.

Waiting for Hooper's next article, apparently Latrell got a new phone and the Chooks are concerned because he went with Android instead of Apple.

Latest posts