What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I remember when @TheRam suggested we sign Lane a few years ago, he got laughed at for days. Now all of a sudden lane is a world beater in the eyes of eels supporters. Kikau is an excellent attacking player, there’s things he does lane won’t be able to do in 3 lifetimes.

Mate same as RCG. People where bagging hin big time last year saying if he didnt have his MOE he wouldn't of made origin. His form since origins been piss but all of a sudden he is the man to take us to a title....The grit we need. Lol.
I know Penrith players better then most.
The Vicous fish is the one we wanted. He will be in top 5 forwards in game.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Kikau is 122kgs and runs like the wind. Yes he has flaws but he is unlike any other 2nd rower in comp. He is a go to player.

Lanes a tidy player. I like him a lot also but not as special.
He avoids the defensive component of the game?

strider

Post Whore
The Vicous fish is the one we wanted. He will be in top 5 forwards in game.

FFS do i need to make another list?

I agree about RCG. People here get all stary eyed when we sign someone .... i think RCG is a bit of a gamble. Hope he gets his mojo back.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When Matterson gets confirmed as a recruit do we stop there ? Where else are we short. Personally I’d go after Lomax from the Dragons. He needs a change.

Maybe also another prop but it isn’t vital IMHO.

good question

if you can tell me how much celery we have left I can tell you whom we should go for, I really dont think we would have too much to play with tbh

we allegedly upgraded Sivo and Dylbags that I know of and I reckon thats money well spent and bought RGC and Wanga although didn't cost much as Panfers are paying half, then there's Matto if signed

so the big question is, how much o we have left to spend ?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I know it's not the same, but anyone who bothered to watch Gutho's defence in the nines and calls him a poor defender is kidding themselves.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Ryan Matterson has agreed to terms for a three year deal with the Parramatta Eels commencing in 2020, which includes an option in the third year.

The second rower is a Parramatta Eels junior, and played three years in the lower grades where he represented the Australian School Boys and Australian Junior Roos while playing in the Under 20’s National Youth Competition.

Ryan signed with the Sydney Roosters where he made his NRL debut in 2016 and later played in the winning 2018 grand final team.

In 2019 Ryan moved to the West Tigers where his football went to another level and he earned selection as the 18th man for the NSW Origin team for games 1 and 2.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said he was looking forward to Ryan joining the Eels line-up, "It’s always great to see the return of a local Parramatta Eels junior. He’ll have a whole pre-season with the team and I know he’ll be an asset to our Club next year."

Ryan will commence pre-season training with his new teammates this month.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/11/07/ryan-matterson-agrees-to-terms-with-parramatta-eels/

Last edited by a moderator:

hindy111

Post Whore
good question

if you can tell me how much celery we have left I can tell you whom we should go for, I really dont think we would have too much to play with tbh

we allegedly upgraded Sivo and Dylbags that I know of and I reckon thats money well spent and bought RGC and Wanga although didn't cost much as Panfers are paying half, then there's Matto if signed

so the big question is, how much o we have left to spend ?

If you think they are paying half your delusional. They are chipping in. They are not paying half.

We upgraded Mahoney also. As far as Waqa goes I feel like that was Norman's money?? He was never replaced.

We lost
Mannah 300k
Bevan 300k
Tepai 400k
Hoff 250k
Manu 500k

And saved 400k on MJ.

RCG 600k

Upgrades 200k for Sivo and 250k for DBrown takes us to 1 mill.

1.5 with Matterson. And saved 2.1 mill.
That leaves about 600k. But also means we have 3 spots too fill as replaced 5 guys with 2.
So either 1 x 400k player and 2 min wage or 3 x 200k players.

I reckon we will snag another player around the 250 mark and 2 project players.And have a few hundred up sleeve

Bazal

Post Whore
FFS do i need to make another list?

I agree about RCG. People here get all stary eyed when we sign someone .... i think RCG is a bit of a gamble. Hope he gets his mojo back.

TBF I feel like most people are cautious about RCG. The most I've really seen said is that if he can get back to his best he'll be a good but, and at worst he'll probably strengthen our ruck defence

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember when @TheRam suggested we sign Lane a few years ago, he got laughed at for days. Now all of a sudden lane is a world beater in the eyes of eels supporters. Kikau is an excellent attacking player, there’s things he does lane won’t be able to do in 3 lifetimes.
You're right, but to be fair TheRam suggests we sign every underachieving reserve grader. He's bound to get one eventually.