What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

That and that whole ASADA banning a lot of players for being drug cheats incident..
Oh but your first statement was "Not on the same other things too, based on test results.."
what test results? You do realise that not one player tested positive to a prohibited drug in 2011?
You know the tests that ASADA ran.
I am in no way saying they did, or didn't, do anything wrong here, just that they passed every "test" that was applied to them by ASADA.
Best check your written and comprehensive skills before you try dazzle yourself with wit.
Edit, and find the right info before you post.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Oh but your first statement was "Not on the same other things too, based on test results.."
what test results? You do realise that not one player tested positive to a prohibited drug in 2011?
You know the tests that ASADA ran.
I am in no way saying they did, or didn't, do anything wrong here, just that they passed every "test" that was applied to them by ASADA.
Best check your written and comprehensive skills before you try dazzle yourself with wit.
Edit, and find the right info before you post.
So they just banned them for the hell of it..

Got it..

It’s a shame for you that ASADA decided to pick on the sharks with their witch hunt.. If only they’d decided to frame souffs instead..

So they just banned them for the hell of it..

Got it..

It’s a shame for you that ASADA decided to pick on the sharks with their witch hunt.. If only they’d decided to frame souffs instead..
Not at all, and I never even expressed any sort of notion to that effect.
They just never failed any ASADA test, as you implied that they did.
I dont think I need to explain this one again.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not at all, and I never even expressed any sort of notion to that effect.
They just never failed any ASADA test, as you implied that they did.
I dont think I need to explain this one again.
No, I never mentioned anything about an ASADA test.

The ASADA bit came after you asked why there remains an asterix next to your premiership.

That premiership will always remain tainted. You should learn to be less defensive when people bring it up.

Last edited:
No, I never mentioned anything about an ASADA test.

The ASADA bit came after you asked why there remains an asterix next to your premiership.

That premiership will always remain tainted. You should learn to be less defensive when people bring it up.
Taint away. It's your world and I wouldn't want anyone disturbing it.

redVinme

Juniors
Anyone got access to the DT article posted about an our ago? Behind paywall but alludes to the provisions attached to taking up a assistant role. Again nothing from the dragons....

SAP58

Juniors
Dragons to keep Flanagan on short leash
Shane Flanagan will join St George Illawarra’s coaching team once his NRL ban ends in December – but the former Cronulla head coach will have to get used to a severely restricted role.

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CPWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/shane-flanagan-to-return-to-nrl-with-closely-monitored-dragons-role/news-story/1363bbe8e410048b785e4025b5f8515a&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&nk=1b136e1de460bfe275c98fe6224db273-1573128638
Interesting that it is only a one year contract.

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons to keep Flanagan on short leash
Shane Flanagan will join St George Illawarra’s coaching team once his NRL ban ends in December – but the former Cronulla head coach will have to get used to a severely restricted role.

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CPWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/shane-flanagan-to-return-to-nrl-with-closely-monitored-dragons-role/news-story/1363bbe8e410048b785e4025b5f8515a&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&nk=1b136e1de460bfe275c98fe6224db273-1573128638
Hey 86 as I am not computer savvy to untangle the link. Can you you just copy words of the article so can read please.
Dragons way... Release this in a Cairns newspaper. no one will know about it down here.
Hang on our recent press release says we have not filled the last position!

qld redvee

Juniors
okay story reads "there are a raft of clauses in his contract restricting what he can and cant do , including NOT being part of recruitment decisions, NOT acting as a head coach and not being part of the Dragons supplements program,, story also reads Dean Young as an assisstant and Matt head is expected to be retained,,, and isaac luke looks like being signed ..
the one year contract may be in case flannos 2 year ban is lifted ..
So mary looks like he still has the steering wheel of the bus SO how much impact will flanno have ????
We may get better defence with flanno but will there be any change of players ( lafai aitken ) or game plan .. Its one thing having defence but if there is no outside pressure on mary to change the game plan or roster then it will be another long year and be so much harder for someone to pick up the pieces