What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ashes tour

roughyedspud

Coach
Dates and venues have been announced for the 2020 England v Australia ashes series..

1st test - BOLTON, saturday 31st October.

2nd test - LEEDS , Saturday 7th November.

3rd test - LONDON , NEW WHITE HART LANE , 14th November.

Should have gone to Newcastle instead of Bolton..but aside from that I can't grumble...will Defo be heading to spurs for the last test..imo it's the best stadium in the world at the minute.

Burns

First Grade
Dates and venues have been announced for the 2020 England v Australia ashes series..

Should have gone to Newcastle instead of Bolton..but aside from that I can't grumble...will Defo be heading to spurs for the last test..imo it's the best stadium in the world at the minute.
Want to hope London isn't a dead rubber!

Jim from Oz

Juniors
K

What are the capacities for those three venues?

I think it would’ve been better to have the London one as the first game!

Coastbloke

Bench
So, is this just the Tests and further matches to be announced?
Also good on the RFL to put tix on sale a year out plus the way they are building up to RLWC 2021. Such a massive difference to how the ARLC/NRL did 2017..

Springs09

Juniors
Well I don't understand having the smallest venue first or why its at Bolton rather than Manchester or Newcastle but oh well, at least they are promoting it this far out.

On dates, there should be plenty of time for both to play a few tests before the series.

roughyedspud

Coach
Bolton wanderers are on their arse at the min so the RFL can bully them about abit..we're the only ones that could sell out the place and Bolton need the money...

Personally I thought the RFL should have bought Bolton's stadium off them earlier this year..it was for sale,might still be?, for £20m...it could have become "the national RL stadium"..held England tests,challenge cup semis,cup final replays,blockbuster SL games,WCC, play off games and championship/league none grand finals..

But ya know.....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting venue choices.

Years ago it would've been a safer option of going with Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield but they've gone with the bigger venues just like 90 and 94. Very good

Ive heard a lot of good things about the Tottenham Stadium and was hoping a similar design would be here in Sydney.

roughyedspud

Coach
I like how this has been announced DURING the GB tour....the RFL could have waited 2 weeks and no one would have minded..but it's like they've realised how shit the GB tour is going and have tried to deflect away from it lol

Imagine if England had toured NZ instead of GB...imagine if England had won all the games..next year's ashes series was always going to be big but imagine if it was also to decide who was number 1 in the world too...

Imagine how big it could have been if old,nostalgic old farts didn't exist....

deluded pom?

Coach
Personally I thought the RFL should have bought Bolton's stadium off them earlier this year..it was for sale,might still be?, for £20m...it could have become "the national RL stadium"..held England tests,challenge cup semis,cup final replays,blockbuster SL games,WCC, play off games and championship/league none grand finals..

But ya know.....
Says the man who lives twenty minutes away. Bolton's ground isn't even in Bolton. Horwich is a pain in the neck to get to from God's country.

Well I don't understand having the smallest venue first or why its at Bolton rather than Manchester or Newcastle but oh well, at least they are promoting it this far out.

On dates, there should be plenty of time for both to play a few tests before the series.
England will win the first, Aus. the second and hopefully third.

C'mon The 'ROOS!!!!!!!!!!

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Well 1 out of 3 is better than nothing. Can only think that etihad, Anfield and st James Park aren’t available??

Bay53

Juniors
I am thinking of going to this. I am a big Spurs fan too so great that a game is at the new Lane.

Final match is on a FIFA weekend so no issues with Spurs games. They also have NFL in October.

The three games being played in 15 days makes it doable. Anyone else thinking of going?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good venue choices except I would have switched 1 & 3 around as others have said. If we get flogged in first two games, sub 20k in London isnt going to be a pretty sight!

Latest posts