What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
I didnt say he ruined careers. I said he ruined players... you added the word careers. He ruined players temporarily while playing under him. They got better once they left.

More rubbish based on being incapable of simple comprehension skills.

How could you even think I said he ruined careers when you have been arguing with me over the players who improved after leaving him?

You said he ruined players I can quote it for you, you are splitting hairs mx.

How did Coote improve after we left and how is that related to Ivan holding him back? Coote was always a good player.

Dallin was the same player this year he has always been until the last couple weeks, then he wanted out.

betcats

Referee
Did Tedesco leaving the tigers and going on to win premierships with the roosters really have much to do with Ivan? Tedesco was a star from day one I mean you are putting it on thick with that one Mx.

mxlegend99

Referee
You said he ruined players I can quote it for you, you are splitting hairs mx.

How did Coote improve after we left and how is that related to Ivan holding him back? Coote was always a good player.

Dallin was the same player this year he has always been until the last couple weeks, then he wanted out.
I said he ruined players. Not careers. There's a f**king huge difference. Guys turned to shit temporarily under him.

Yesterday you're arguing with me referring to players as superstars (even though the point was about them becoming more successful after leaving). Today you're suggesting I called them duds.

Coote was a good solid player for us. He started out looking great. Never evolved really. At Cowboys he became faster and more agile. His playmaking improved. He became the player we all thought he would be when he first hit the NRL. He won a premiership.

Dallin was not the same player. He tried to be. But Ivan showed no faith in him and moved him from wing to fullback to centre back to wing. He needs stability in a position to build on and find form and confidence.

Then you have Blake... he had 3 terrific seasons in the NRL. 2 poor ones. That just happened to be 2015 and 2019... the years Ivan was coach.

Honestly I liked Cleary before his return. But you cant argue with results. At best players maintained form upon his arrival. Most went backwards and he has moved away some of our more fancied players and will build another plodder filled roster. He does well with average talents who succeed through effort alone.

betcats

Referee
I said he ruined players. Not careers. There's a f**king huge difference. Guys turned to shit temporarily under him.

Yesterday you're arguing with me referring to players as superstars (even though the point was about them becoming more successful after leaving). Today you're suggesting I called them duds.

Coote was a good solid player for us. He started out looking great. Never evolved really. At Cowboys he became faster and more agile. His playmaking improved. He became the player we all thought he would be when he first hit the NRL. He won a premiership.

Dallin was not the same player. He tried to be. But Ivan showed no faith in him and moved him from wing to fullback to centre back to wing. He needs stability in a position to build on and find form and confidence.

Then you have Blake... he had 3 terrific seasons in the NRL. 2 poor ones. That just happened to be 2015 and 2019... the years Ivan was coach.

Honestly I liked Cleary before his return. But you cant argue with results. At best players maintained form upon his arrival. Most went backwards and he has moved away some of our more fancied players and will build another plodder filled roster. He does well with average talents who succeed through effort alone.

So much bullshit lol Coote became more agile mate that is rubbish.

Hook moved Dallin from wing to fullback and back again for Peachey last year as well! What are you about mate seriously. Too is a flat out better player than Dallin, it’s been a good move for us but you still want to bag the coach for it, you should be giving him credit for that one.

I’ll give you Waqa, that is one guy. You haven’t said how he wronged teddy or Moses like you were insinuating.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
So much bullshit lol Coote became more agile mate that is rubbish.

Hook moved Dallin from wing to fullback and back again for Peachey last year as well! What are you about mate seriously. Too is a flat out better player than Dallin, it’s been a good move for us but you still want to bag the coach for it, you should be giving him credit for that one.

I’ll give you Waqa, that is one guy. You haven’t said how he wronged teddy or Moses like you were insinuating.
Did you even watch Coote after leaving us? His first game for Cowboys at 9s he looked like a completely different player before doing his ACL. After rrturning he was still a better player. Clearly better training standards at Cowboys.

I never said he held Tedesco back. I said he didnt stand in his (or Jennings, Coote, Lewis etc.) Way of leaving to become better and/or more successful.

To'o is not better than Dallin. Dallin had 7 tries in 10 games his rookie season. Brian 9 in 15 games. Brian had a similar start to his career as Dallin did. Although on 2019 Panthers form Brian was better. Thats just ignoring the point Ivan set Dallin back. His 2018 form was incredible. His form after leaving us was pretty good too.

But see how he looks in a few seasons under Ivan. Meanwhile Mansour and his 1 try all season is safe because Ivan has destroyed our depth and we have no one better.

It shouldnt have been Brian or Dallin. It should have been Brian and Dallin. But no why would we want to improve our squad when we can just re-develop players only to let them go and start again.

Guys looking to make an impression seem to do do under Ivan. Rookies and plodders who try hard. He knows what players he can get to perform. That's for sure

betcats

Referee
Did you even watch Coote after leaving us? His first game for Cowboys at 9s he looked like a completely different player before doing his ACL. After rrturning he was still a better player. Clearly better training standards at Cowboys.

I never said he held Tedesco back. I said he didnt stand in his (or Jennings, Coote, Lewis etc.) Way of leaving to become better and/or more successful.

To'o is not better than Dallin. Dallin had 7 tries in 10 games his rookie season. Brian 9 in 15 games. Brian had a similar start to his career as Dallin did. Although on 2019 Panthers form Brian was better. Thats just ignoring the point Ivan set Dallin back. His 2018 form was incredible. His form after leaving us was pretty good too.

But see how he looks in a few seasons under Ivan. Meanwhile Mansour and his 1 try all season is safe because Ivan has destroyed our depth and we have no one better.

It shouldnt have been Brian or Dallin. It should have been Brian and Dallin. But no why would we want to improve our squad when we can just re-develop players only to let them go and start again.

Guys looking to make an impression seem to do do under Ivan. Rookies and plodders who try hard. He knows what players he can get to perform. That's for sure

Yes I watched Coote, he had fantastic runs of form for Penrith. The nines made everyone think Bevan French and that Kata guy were future stars so forgive me for disregarding that.

Did Mansour ask for a release? Dallin wanted out, he asked for a release. Multiple coaches gave him a shot at fullback and decided he wasn't the one, I was disappointed by this too but he had every chance and wasn't good enough.

Tedesco was off contract how the hell could Ivan stand in his way? stop inventing reasons to bag the guy, there are legitimate reasons but most of these are just rubbish.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes I watched Coote, he had fantastic runs of form for Penrith. The nines made everyone think Bevan French and that Kata guy were future stars so forgive me for disregarding that.

Did Mansour ask for a release? Dallin wanted out, he asked for a release. Multiple coaches gave him a shot at fullback and decided he wasn't the one, I was disappointed by this too but he had every chance and wasn't good enough.
2x average coaches without a premiership thought he wasnt good enough... supposedly.

Yet Michael Maguire a premiership winning international coach thought he was good enough to captain his country at fullback based on his form for us and went hard for him at Tigers based on his form for NZ.

Dean Pay is an average unproven coach... but also thought he was good enough to be fullback for his club. That makes multiple coaches who DID think he was good enough too.

The 9s showed how Cowboys had improved arguably his biggest flaw with us. His pace. The competition meant little. But going on to win a premiership at Cowboys wasnt bad. Nor were his 17 try assists. He just looked like a more evolved version of whay he was for us.

Conditioning is clearly an issue under Ivan. That little bit of improved fitness and speed can make a huge difference to players. I liked Ivan before his return too. But excuses were made his first time around that I bought into and many of those are repeating themselves.

Ivan is great with average players who make it on effort alone. They likely cimpensate themselves for whatever fitness areas Ivan is lacking in.

He is great with rookies who likely put in extra effort to force their way into the NRL.

I think he is also good with guys looking for a bit of redemption (ie. Soward, Idris etc.)

He just seems better with guys who have other reasons to play harder. Seemingly they train harder without his input.

The odd thing is his discipline seems shit or low priority yet his son is arguably the hardest working player in the competition. Or right up there atleast. He puts in 100% for 80 minutes. His intensity on both sides of the ball is high. People mock pointing out his efforts (in Origin especially). But in the context of where Ivan seems to lack as a coach it's really odd his son excels in those areas.

Anyways im done arguing it. I was making a joke about Ivan developing premiership winners by letting them go. Then you argued with me using the term superstars and then decided I was calling them duds. When my real criticism is players get worse in general when he arrives and get better when they / he leaves. Not always. Some thrive undet him. But that list is shorter

betcats

Referee
2x average coaches without a premiership thought he wasnt good enough... supposedly.

Yet Michael Maguire a premiership winning international coach thought he was good enough to captain his country at fullback based on his form for us and went hard for him at Tigers based on his form for NZ.

Dean Pay is an average unproven coach... but also thought he was good enough to be fullback for his club. That makes multiple coaches who DID think he was good enough too.

The 9s showed how Cowboys had improved arguably his biggest flaw with us. His pace. The competition meant little. But going on to win a premiership at Cowboys wasnt bad. Nor were his 17 try assists. He just looked like a more evolved version of whay he was for us.

Conditioning is clearly an issue under Ivan. That little bit of improved fitness and speed can make a huge difference to players. I liked Ivan before his return too. But excuses were made his first time around that I bought into and many of those are repeating themselves.

Ivan is great with average players who make it on effort alone. They likely cimpensate themselves for whatever fitness areas Ivan is lacking in.

He is great with rookies who likely put in extra effort to force their way into the NRL.

I think he is also good with guys looking for a bit of redemption (ie. Soward, Idris etc.)

He just seems better with guys who have other reasons to play harder. Seemingly they train harder without his input.

The odd thing is his discipline seems shit or low priority yet his son is arguably the hardest working player in the competition. Or right up there atleast. He puts in 100% for 80 minutes. His intensity on both sides of the ball is high. People mock pointing out his efforts (in Origin especially). But in the context of where Ivan seems to lack as a coach it's really odd his son excels in those areas.

Anyways im done arguing it. I was making a joke about Ivan developing premiership winners by letting them go. Then you argued with me using the term superstars and then decided I was calling them duds. When my real criticism is players get worse in general when he arrives and get better when they / he leaves. Not always. Some thrive undet him. But that list is shorter

Yeah they improved Cootes pace so much he snapped his ACL before finishing a game lol gtfo.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah they improved Cootes pace so much he snapped his ACL before finishing a game lol gtfo.
That's right. His body wasn't ready for a real pre-season yet. Ivan would have tried regabbing his injury and getting him to play injured though.

He loves his busted players.

betcats

Referee
That's right. His body wasn't ready for a real pre-season yet. Ivan would have tried regabbing his injury and getting him to play injured though.

He loves his busted players.

He was injury prone prior to Ivan arriving you idiot. You must be a really good judge of 'pace' if you can make that judgement from one partial nines game, that is your entire sample size for claiming that Cootes pace was improved, not even an entire9s game, ill say it once more, you idiot!

mxlegend99

Referee
He was injury prone prior to Ivan arriving you idiot. You must be a really good judge of 'pace' if you can make that judgement from one partial nines game, that is your entire sample size for claiming that Cootes pace was improved, not even an entire9s game, ill say it once more, you idiot!
Youre only reading partial posts. I clearly talked about him after the injury too.

But continue to misread posts call others idiots for your poor comprehension. You love Ivan. Good for you.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who has Penrith signed.
They let Maloney RCG, BLAKE and DWZ go. That had to free up some serious coin.
Korisau is one signing. A few guys perhaps upgraded but surely there must be close to a mill still to spend.

betcats

Referee
Youre only reading partial posts. I clearly talked about him after the injury too.

But continue to misread posts call others idiots for your poor comprehension. You love Ivan. Good for you.

"the 9s showed he was a completely different player"

"the 9s showed he had improved arguably his biggest flaw, his pace"

Explain to me where I am going wrong in interpreting those sentences. You have made big judgements off less than one 9s game. My comprehension is fine I call bullshit when I see it. You just talk a lot of shit.

kinghippo

Juniors
Who has Penrith signed.
Korisau is one signing. A few guys perhaps upgraded but surely there must be close to a mill still to spend.
Nobody apart from kori.
I am getting pretty nervous about it.

Not much left on the market for next season that I know of.

Without a decent backline signing I think we are in some trouble for 2020. We are going to be relying on to many kids again.

mxlegend99

Referee
"the 9s showed he was a completely different player"

"the 9s showed he had improved arguably his biggest flaw, his pace"

Explain to me where I am going wrong in interpreting those sentences. You have made big judgements off less than one 9s game. My comprehension is fine I call bullshit when I see it. You just talk a lot of shit.
Read past that line.

The 9s was just the first glimpse of it. His improvement was almost instant. Which was the point you missed.

betcats

Referee
Read past that line.

The 9s was just the first glimpse of it. His improvement was almost instant. Which was the point you missed.

It doesn't matter what you said after It ffs! you've already made those claims based on one partial 9s game which is ridiculous and I didn't miss anything I am just focusing on the most ridiculous parts of your claims.

You think one partial 9s you saw enough to judge he had improved his pace, this was confirmed when he played his next game of footy 12 months later after returning from an ACL injury, what a load of shit.

mxlegend99

Referee
It doesn't matter what you said after It ffs! you've already made those claims based on one partial 9s game which is ridiculous and I didn't miss anything I am just focusing on the most ridiculous parts of your claims.

You think one partial 9s you saw enough to judge he had improved his pace, this was confirmed when he played his next game of footy 12 months later after returning from an ACL injury, what a load of shit.
No the only thing that is a load of shit is you reading parts of posts or making shit up entirely.

Youre reading shit how you want to read it because you cant argue with the facts. So just mske it up as you go and dont even try to comprehend the point.

I said it earlier but I am done arguing. Were going round in circles with you constantly ignoring the point.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Who has Penrith signed.

Don't forget we let Merrin go late last year.
I suspect in his case we were in trouble with the cap then.

I would like a few decent signings in the next month. Don't know if it will happen.
I would be happy with 2 players in the mid price range. One a centre.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
No the only thing that is a load of shit is you reading parts of posts or making shit up entirely.

Youre reading shit how you want to read it because you cant argue with the facts. So just mske it up as you go and dont even try to comprehend the point.

I said it earlier but I am done arguing. Were going round in circles with you constantly ignoring the point.

I love this forum... :cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.