What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Also as I have said before, I would never have let Alex Twal go and today he would be that extra middle forward that many on here have suggested we need that would be on no more then $200-300K and very good quality. When he left he was just right to start playing 1st grade and we blew it. Who else of his quality would we be able to get for that sort of money?

Yes, he will never be a world beater, but he is basically a Mannah clone but younger. The sort of player that would never get big money offered to him to leave and go to another club unless another club was desperate or stupid. So whoever NRL's him first basically gets to keep him unless he himself wants to go to another club on similar money if he is unhappy for whatever reason.

The best case scenario from a Parra perspective and a player like him is that the Tigers keep going like crap and their coach ends up being on the nose with many of the players and we see an opportunity to entice aN honest hard working forward back home on similar coin to what he is on now. Which is what a well run clubs try to do.

The more juniors we have playing for us, I feel it means more to the players and the fans alike and that can only be better all round.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His positioning in defence is poor at times. Too often you see him racing across field to be 2 metres short when a try is scored.
Plenty of times when we score in the corner the opposing fullback isn't even that close. It doesn't mean the fullback is garbage. He might be been caught making the tackle on the previous play.

84 Baby

Referee
Also as I have said before, I would never have let Alex Twal go and today he would be that extra middle forward that many on here have suggested we need that would be on no more then $200-300K and very good quality. When he left he was just right to start playing 1st grade and we blew it. Who else of his quality would we be able to get for that sort of money?

Yes, he will never be a world beater, but he is basically a Mannah clone but younger. The sort of player that would never get big money offered to him to leave and go to another club unless another club was desperate or stupid. So whoever NRL's him first basically gets to keep him unless he himself wants to go to another club on similar money if he is unhappy for whatever reason.

The best case scenario from a Parra perspective and a player like him is that the Tigers keep going like crap and their coach ends up being on the nose with many of the players and we see an opportunity to entice aN honest hard working forward back home on similar coin to what he is on now. Which is what a well run clubs try to do.

The more juniors we have playing for us, I feel it means more to the players and the fans alike and that can only be better all round.
He’s no better than Alvaro

Bandwagon

Staff member
Plenty of times when we score in the corner the opposing fullback isn't even that close. It doesn't mean the fullback is garbage. He might be been caught making the tackle on the previous play.

Gutho's also not that quick, he's not slow by any means, but you can only be positioned where you best cover the probable attack coming your way, and speed gives you more room for error, meaning you can cover more possibilities.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hardly mate. Just because I mentioned a couple of miscreants when we were desperate and needed to take risks at the time doesn't mean what you are implying.

In today's Parra Eels team, I would never suggest those sorts of players be signed.

I also liked Sean Keppie when many here didn't rate him much and weren't worried when we lost him. He will go on to have a great NRL career if my judgement is right.
Not many blokes who make their NRL debuts at 22 end up any better than average. I'd say we had enough average players at the time Keppie left.

Bandwagon

Staff member
With Matto signed that's our preferred starting 13 squared away for next year, only room for movement in our squad now is in the bench and it's make up, and depth.

We still could use a half decent backup or bench hooker that isn't Will Smith, maybe another bench prop, and another bench back rower / lock. Where are we at as far as confirmed squad numbers go?

Latest posts