What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Game_Breaker

Coach
It's actually really strange. When the media pick a target they just keep on and on. It's Daily Mail type stuff almost. Not saying he will have one, but it's like they just wanna keep piling on the kid until he has a nervous breakdown.

Waiting for Hooper's next article, apparently Latrell got a new phone and the Chooks are concerned because he went with Android instead of Apple.

I heard he’s now using 3 ply toilet paper as well

yobbo84

First Grade
The more it goes on the more I see him re-signing with the Roosters on a 'reduced' contract as 'they gave him an opportunity and he feels he owes it to them' blah blah. It's a good way of them retaining him whilst making room to sign a Fafita.

Lambretta

First Grade
Perhaps it's because he's making decisions like that that he needs the extra money.

That's true mate. But spending money, then whinging that you don't earn enough is a bit arse about face in my book. Still, many people seem to do it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dont blame any player for earning as much as they can. He isnt worth $1million a year but then many players of equal ability have got contracts of that size. The stupidity really lies with desperate clubs who throw good money after bad. Looks like doggies might have finally learnt a lesson, hopefully titans will as well

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
The more it goes on the more I see him re-signing with the Roosters on a 'reduced' contract as 'they gave him an opportunity and he feels he owes it to them' blah blah. It's a good way of them retaining him whilst making room to sign a Fafita.
I agree it’s all smoke and mirrors and part of Roosters plans

Chook Norris

First Grade
I agree it’s all smoke and mirrors and part of Roosters plans

Help me out here. Why would it be in our interest to plan this and drag this out? It'd be in our interest to sign him up quickly with minimal fuss, surely.

Unless what you're saying is we're planning for everyone to hate him and drive his value down.. that plan fails when LM ends up hating the club and no longer fits in

macavity

Referee
Sadly, I can see Latrell gone from the game in 5 years time - another lost indigenous player unable to cope with everything that happens in the game and being away from home - an Owen Craigie/Ewan McGrady type.

Guy has loads and loads of talent, but he sure as hell isn't consistent. Can go from best player in the game 1 week to a did he even play player the next.

One of the biggest issues is that, he looks around, and sees what other players are getting and thinks hey, I'm that good or better, I deserve that. He's probably looked at the Turbos on 1m each a season, or Holmes coming back and being offered 1m a season, and thinks to himself, I'm in that category of player, I deserve that too.

He should come to Newcastle for unders. An easy drive to Taree and much better environment for a country kid than Sydney.

I hear he has a nice car to make the drive once a week.

Canard

Immortal
Weidler writes a piece about how the Dogs are chasing Latrell then two days later one about how they aren't interested.

Uncle Nick pays the bills.

some11

Referee
Just a reminder: hooper was doing supercoach analysis videos for news corp a couple of years ago.

Just goes to show if you firmly attach your lips to peoples rings you can get anywhere in this world.

Raymond Parker

Juniors
If he had the work ethic of a billy slater with his natural gifts he could command somewhere above 1mil a season playing fullback. If he's actually serious about doing it for his family that shouldn't be out of reach, but with his current attitude it probably is.

Travitoh

First Grade
If he had the work ethic of a billy slater with his natural gifts he could command somewhere above 1mil a season playing fullback. If he's actually serious about doing it for his family that shouldn't be out of reach, but with his current attitude it probably is.

If he had the work ethic of a Billy Slater he'd already be an immortal.

Chimp

Juniors
Help me out here. Why would it be in our interest to plan this and drag this out? It'd be in our interest to sign him up quickly with minimal fuss, surely.

Unless what you're saying is we're planning for everyone to hate him and drive his value down.. that plan fails when LM ends up hating the club and no longer fits in

If you were being very cynical, you could think that this is a ploy all about perception - Uncle Nick agrees with LM that they're going to publicly pull their offer, with an agreement that eventually after all the shit storm, his perceived value will be lower, allowing the Roosters to then register a much lower official contract (as he cant get better elsewhere), topped up with guaranteed, but unofficial brown paper bag cash.

Latrell gets his $1m, Rooster only register $500k - everyone's a winner.

If you were being very cynical, you could think that this is a ploy all about perception - Uncle Nick agrees with LM that they're going to publicly pull their offer, with an agreement that eventually after all the shit storm, his perceived value will be lower, allowing the Roosters to then register a much lower official contract (as he cant get better elsewhere), topped up with guaranteed, but unofficial brown paper bag cash.

That’s some insane logic, there.

billygilmore

Juniors
He should come to Newcastle for unders. An easy drive to Taree and much better environment for a country kid than Sydney.

I hear he has a nice car to make the drive once a week.

This year I’ve done something like this myself, obviously nowhere near on this scope but I stepped down from a management role that was paying pretty good good money to work back amongst the peasants, I was sick of the pressure, bullshit deadlines and impossible expectations but the main thing was I didn’t have any kids when I started and now I have 3, to do my job well required a lot of time at work, time personally I’d rather be spending with my kids, they don’t care what money I’m on, they prefer spending more time with dad and going out on more adventures and I’m much happier, less frustrated and less distracted with shit that really doesn’t matter than I was before

Game_Breaker

Coach

And if tigers or Newcastle offer him $1M?

Latest posts